Photo

Revolution Newspaper

2 replies to this topic
Red Hat Girl
  • Red Hat Girl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:03 AM

This is a new publication that just came out that I thought some of you all would want to check out, as it deals with all kinds of issues in the world in a way that gives hope.

In it's editorial it says this:

"The mission of Revolution is not just to tell it like it is, as important as that is. The mission of Revolution is also to enable its readers to make a scientific assessment and analysis of all events in society and the world. Its mission and role is to enable its readers to see how all different strata and classes respond to the events of the day - the big earthshaking events and the things that people are talking about in whispers."

This is what it looks like:

REVOLUTION

user posted image

enjoy.

spoof
  • spoof

?

• The Precinct

Posted 05 May 2005 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (Red Hat Girl @ May 5 2005, 04:03)
In it's editorial it says this:

"The mission of Revolution is not just to tell it like it is, as important as that is. The mission of Revolution is also to enable its readers to make a scientific assessment and analysis of all events in society and the world. Its mission and role is to enable its readers to see how all different strata and classes respond to the events of the day - the big earthshaking events and the things that people are talking about in whispers."

One cannot possibly make a “scientific” assessment and analysis of all events in society and the world, because such things are open to individual interpretation. The term “scientific” has connotations of complete objectivity. Assessment and analysis of all events in society and the world would take several million people a very long time to achieve, if at all.

Plus, the writer (after describing the mission – we’ll forget the first flagrant occurrence of the word)) went on to further describe a different mission. People tend to get confused if more than one particular mission is offered wink.gif

I just couldn’t bring myself to click on the link after reading your post - sorry confused.gif

Red Hat Girl
  • Red Hat Girl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

One cannot possibly make a scientific assessment and analysis of all events in society and the world, because such things are open to individual interpretation. The term scientific has connotations of complete objectivity. Assessment and analysis of all events in society and the world would take several million people a very long time to achieve, if at all.

The Revolution newspaper doesn't make all the scientific assessments of everything in the world, what it does is show people how to do this themselves, how to look at things and see what is objectively happening, and how to analyze that. In this way millions of people are then able to make these assessments on events happening around them, and not be paralyzed or confused, for instance around the Terri case or the current evolution trial in Kansas. The science it is specifically referring to is Marxism, understanding society and what is going on and where its headed, but this does relate to all the other sciences, having people be able to understand basic things about philosophy, evolution, history, sexuality, art, ect.

Plus, the writer (after describing the mission, we will forget the first flagrant occurrence of the word)) went on to further describe a different mission. People tend to get confused if more than one particular mission is offered

Perhaps the editorial was too poetic. It is not offering two (or three) different missions; it was expanding on the overall mission, breaking it down for people. This is a segment of the whole editorial, which comes at the overall goal of
changing the world" in several different ways, with different, but not contradictory, aspects of that overall goal.

Anyway, I posted this because there are a lot of fairly deep discussion here about world events, and dreaming about a different world and whether that is possible, so when I saw this paper I thought you all would enjoy this, even if you have serious questions about communism and revolution.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users