Photo

[WPN|SA]Another AK

24 replies to this topic
Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:51 PM

... it might also be for GTA New York, thats not yet decided.
But here is the beast
1345 Vertices
2362 Polygones
/has a few less polygones then the old less detailed one
user posted image

user posted image

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

Blue prints is for pussys!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:55 PM

Damn nice!

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 07:38 PM

ty
here is another (textured)
user posted image

commando
  • commando

Gta-NY Leader

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:17 PM

Nice details altough the texture on the render looks a little plain, it might be the render or the light effects. Good job. cookie.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:20 PM

when looking close (to small render) you can actually see a little grain and scratches on the model, the wood is actually wanted like this, like it more then stupid red or the one of the last AK I made and a REAL good wood-effect with brownish yellowish wood with dark brown redish grain is pretty hard to do.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2005 - 12:34 AM

the 3d part is great but the texture is little weird the metal parts need moore scratches and the wood need to get moore brown or red/ornage and some shadoing.
and a silver (chamber) i think thats the right word tounge.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (GRIM! @ May 5 2005, 02:34)
the 3d part is great but the texture is little weird the metal parts need moore scratches and the wood need to get moore brown or red/ornage and some shadoing.
and a silver (chamber) i think thats the right word tounge.gif

actually the wood was intended and even if its hard to see, the metal got a little grainy look and some scratches (not such deep ones) and as it is a buyable weapon fresh from ammunation and nothing you'll buy out of second hand (in SA), it shouldnt have scratches tounge.gif.
Though I think a silver ejector is kinda ugly and the most AKs I've seen (not Hollywood or Videogame sh*t ) had a black chamber.
But I thought about it, if I'll find time I'll see what I can dig up

Halljam
  • Halljam

Trick

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:31 AM

Looking good keep it up.

MnE
  • MnE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:34 AM

DAMN...nice looks really good...keep it up.. biggrin.gif

russificator
  • russificator

The Last of the Rasputins

• Members

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:50 PM

I like it but there are few remarks.
Your rifle:
user posted image

First of all, I think there is no space between magazine and gripe.
Exemple:
user posted image

Secondly, look at the safety lock/firing mod switcher; it can't be in horizontal position:
user posted image

Third thing, latch of the gas chamber. Right position:
user posted image
Not at 45 degrees.
And I think you have to improve your texture, the model itself looks very nice. I'm not at all sure in correctness of the english terms I used but hope it'll help.

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

Those selectors you mentioned can "change", there is a reason why they are called selector and even if its kinda strange, but I think with the safety set to on, the AK looks a lot cooler, the other one was like this in the reference (the one at the gaschamber) and even if hard to see, there is also a little gap between the mag and the thing, but yeah, in this case you are right, it is a lot smaller then mine, buth the magazine is clamped inside the reciever and the mag-realease is just a little below so you can actually reach it faster.

And as said, the texture is based on reference, only the wood isnt, but after Grim asked me for another texture I made one,I was just to lazzy to upload the new render yet tounge.gif
Though, the Reference you gave me is actually of an AKM ,not an AK47 (notice the smaller "stamping" in the front of the reciever and the more AK74-like funiture).
In technical terms the gun is the same as the 47,but for texture is not as useful as reference
so here is the new render btw. (will realease the AK with both textures if its not going to be for NY, else I will only realease it with one as a "demo" and contribute the other texture to the NY mod):
user posted image

rebel_36
  • rebel_36

dot connectah

• Members

Posted 07 May 2005 - 08:04 PM Edited by rebel_36, 07 May 2005 - 08:10 PM.

nice model but i think its still too clean, i first thought it was a vc car refmap dontgetit.gif

it looks too much like "one color", if it was an m4 ok.. but an ak notify.gif

still very nice job

edit: i know what it definitely needs, it needs "roughed up edges"
for example look at the ak in css, the edges of it are light grey cause the edges are usually the spots where metal gets wasted the most

pic is sh*t but maybe you see it a bit http://www.halflife2...ce/css-ak47.jpg

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 07 May 2005 - 09:26 PM

though CSS is unrealistic and even freshly bought guns look worn out, but I'd want it to really look like a new one, but maybe I can ask another skinner for touching the skin a bit up tounge.gif

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Silent Viper @ May 7 2005, 21:26)
though CSS is unrealistic and even freshly bought guns look worn out, but I'd want it to really look like a new one, but maybe I can ask another skinner for touching the skin a bit up tounge.gif

if i wassent a modlerer i would help u but now i am, so i only work for meh self. sry

SilverGlow
  • SilverGlow

It's peanutbutterjelly time!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:04 PM

can you please release it for gta:vc? it's soooo cool! inlove.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:13 PM

atm the texture is beeing reworked and then its up to commando to decide if this will be NY Stuff or SA,no realease for VC intended

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:14 PM

I did my best:
user posted image
but a friend is also redoing the base-texture a little wink.gif

russificator
  • russificator

The Last of the Rasputins

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

I like the rifle butt: very well done, but the metal parts suck, sorrry. They look like a crudely painted plywood. Your rifle's metal surfaces lack the reflections, imo. You know: these dim flashes of the gun's steel.
Look at this pic, e.g.:
user posted image

BTW, you were right about AKM vs AK, shame on me. To tell the truth the AK47 is kind of an exotic weapon for me; I changed several rifles when I was in the army, but of course they all were a lot more fresh models.

Don't stop the improvements of your texture. Your mesh is worthy of the perfect skin.

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:43 PM

actually pre-painting the reflections would be silly because they arent interactive and wont change when the settings change though because of the 3d parts the thing while shine a little more ingame with INTERACTIVE shining wink.gif
Thats why professional Ego-Shooter skins NEVER use photoskins but actually make lightless skins with just some dark and bright lines to make little details,NEVER to add lighting to the gun wink.gif

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (russificator @ May 12 2005, 17:29)
I like the rifle butt: very well done, but the metal parts suck, sorrry. They look like a crudely painted plywood. Your rifle's metal surfaces lack the reflections, imo. You know: these dim flashes of the gun's steel.
Look at this pic, e.g.:
user posted image

BTW, you were right about AKM vs AK, shame on me. To tell the truth the AK47 is kind of an exotic weapon for me; I changed several rifles when I was in the army, but of course they all were a lot more fresh models.

Don't stop the improvements of your texture. Your mesh is worthy of the perfect skin.

Actualy that gun on ur pic is mostly plastic just the mag in metal, i know cuz itsa tokya mrui AEG aka Air Eletric Gun, ima airsoft player thats why i know... but i use my mp5a2 in pure metal wink.gif

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 11:22 AM

For the ones still not liking my texture, here is something most of you should know (just the texture,model is still my old one).
I know,the mapping sucks but thats due to Valve having made such stupid comic-style models and textures with f*cked up proportions and they use another mapping method which would require myself to completly repaint the gun (so I wouldnt be able to use the texture either).
user posted image

Frozen Arrow
  • Frozen Arrow

GTA 5 -- Bring Vice City Back!

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:01 PM

I know alot of you commenting don't mean it in a bad way, but silent viper looks like he put some serious time into that and he will make it the way he makes it. cool.gif

Frozen Arrow
  • Frozen Arrow

GTA 5 -- Bring Vice City Back!

• Members

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:02 PM Edited by Frozen Arrow, 21 May 2005 - 12:07 PM.

double post. sorry

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

another one,from more angles and with another reworked skin (argh,I seem to have to much time tounge.gif)
user posted image

Silent Viper
  • Silent Viper

Gunbanging Gundealer

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:12 PM

bump

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 04:16 PM

That stock is screaming out for cylindrical mapping... It looks like you're only able to use planar or somethin(?) You were talking about valve and mappings and I have absolutely no idea what that means, but it seems related hehe. Everything except the mappings you mentioned, which I dunno, don't look so bad to me, looks damn nice overall, don't feel like you need to rework anything that doesn't bug you personally. The only place it's really noticable on this rather f*cked monitor is going to be against the player's shoulder mostly anyway.

Always remember the golden rule of 3d modeling though; Anyone who disagrees with the author over the model and its content, owes all the world a public duty to stfu about it, or make zey own >_>

Stick to your guns (har har) and things will be peachy.

Cheers rampage_ani.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users