Photo

The Deadliest Catch

2 replies to this topic
DelScorcho
  • DelScorcho

A Right Bugger

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

I caught a rerun of this hour-long special last night on The Discovery Channel... it was pretty great.

My dad was a longshoreman turned crab trawler in his 20's- so I wanted to see what the gig was all about. As it turns out, King Crab trawling is the most dangerous job on the planet (get it- Deadliest Catch--? Huh? Witty, right? blink.gif )

Anywho, the show chronicles a fleet of ships as they work through the crab season. The ups, the downs, and all the highlights they can cram in between.

My favorite part of the show was when the crew of Fierce Allegiance was showing what they do for fun on the deck. When the boat hits a wave crest, they'd jump- launching them 3-4 feet in the air. As the boat slides down to the wave trough, it causes them to hang in-air. Looks like fun.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:21 PM

I saw that kid bite the head off a herring. That was f*cking disgusting. I have a lot of respect for the people doing that, but it's not anything I would want to take part in. It makes for good reality TV though. True reality, not this fake, constructed, scripted crap we see on the network channels now.

Welcome to the boards homie.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Moth is Invalid

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:12 PM

Sounds like a good show. I miss Discovery Channel. I also like TLC, just something about those kinda channels.

That wave-jumping sounds like the sh*t. I would like to try that too. Did your dad to it when he was working on the ships?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users