Default.ide - car properties...

2 replies to this topic
Mowaza
  • Mowaza

You eat my cookie...you die!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:43 AM

Hi guys

I have 2 questions, firstly i want to know how i can assign an engine sound to a particular car. Let me explain, i want a car to have the engine sound of a different one so that the default engine sound for that car is changed. Also more specifically i have successfully added an extra car to my game (one of just three sad.gif ), i have assigned it the ID of 237 (right after cheetah). The car has an engine sound assigned to it by the game and everything works fine..how do i give it another car's sound?

The second question is that how do cars which have 'ignore' in the default.ide properties (as in executive/normal/worker/ignore) appear in the game - i know they will be parked at variuos places etc but like if i set the extra car's property to 'ignore' as well then how/where will it appear in the game?

thanks biggrin.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:50 PM

/* sounds cannot be reassigned externally, they are hardcoded. there are only 2 ways to change sounds at the moment, the first to to edit the sound files directly, and is not recommened ( it will change that sounds for ALL the cars that use it) and the second, is to simply replace the car you want to have a particular sound, over a car that has that sound. if you are adding a new car as you say, then thats not really an optoin.

if a car has the "ignore" flag, it is ignored by the traffic system - it wont show up unless you spawn it, or its parked. ignore means the car is, um, ignored blink.gif */

Mowaza
  • Mowaza

You eat my cookie...you die!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (ashdexx @ May 2 2005, 16:50)
/* sounds cannot be reassigned externally, they are hardcoded. there are only 2 ways to change sounds at the moment, the first to to edit the sound files directly, and is not recommened ( it will change that sounds for ALL the cars that use it) and the second, is to simply replace the car you want to have a particular sound, over a car that has that sound. if you are adding a new car as you say, then thats not really an optoin.

if a car has the "ignore" flag, it is ignored by the traffic system - it wont show up unless you spawn it, or its parked. ignore means the car is, um, ignored blink.gif */

thanks ashdex

Thats what i was afraid of anyways it was a pretty useless thread i started i sort of knew the answers but had a few doubts

Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users