Photo

8-Ball

9 replies to this topic
Cuse510
  • Cuse510

Chi-Town

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:09 AM

Was anyone else dissapointed by the lack of his involvement in the game? He only appears once more after the beggining (In Bomb da Base) and his bomb shops really don't seem that useful (the remote-controlled car bombs are the only ones that I ever used and those didn't work that well for anything) What are everyone else's opinions on 8-Ball not playing a large role?

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:11 AM

I was dissapointed at his lack of involvement in the game. I agree that his bomb shops aren't much use.

Iron Man
  • Iron Man

Columbian Cartel

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:03 AM

you only use them once or something. kinda gay really. he should have done more than just sit in a car a make you his driver, and have ing you protect him. he should have done something kool at the end like betray you by flying the heli for catalina, or help you in the last mission.

EnglishChocolate
  • EnglishChocolate

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:31 AM

I know exactly what you mean, truthfully i am a bit dissapointed in GTA 3. I guess i did it the wrong way I played Vice City before i even touched on GTA3 But i thought since Vice City was so good GTA3 should be pretty good to. Vice City is a big improvement to GTA3 as the game play i think is much better, although the missions are interesting and are classinc GTA style like you said the invovlement of some characters are dissapointing. I am only on Donald Love's mission where i have to collect stuff dropped from a fly plane but i doubt i will be seeing 8 Ball again. And his bomb shop like you said isn't the most useful of things as it only works when someone tries to drive ur car. In Vice City you could leave the car armed and all u had to do was click the button and it blew up.

And what about Diablos i was very dissapointed when all i had to do for him is race you don't even get to see him... unless i do further in the game. But still even the genreal storyline in Vice City was better and your character (Tommy V) actully talked in GTA3 all you do is go to get you mission do it and go back to do more when u are done. The dynamics that are in Vice City run right over GTA3 though i figure if i had played GTA3 before i played Vice City i might not see it the same way but oh well. I just hope they keep the quality or improve them even more (if its possible) in San An as i am lookin forwards to it when it comes out for the pc.

Kazenji
  • Kazenji

Section 9 Agent

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (EnglishChocolate @ May 2 2005, 15:31)
And what about Diablos i was very dissapointed when all i had to do for him is race you don't even get to see him...

You get to see the leader of the Diablos gang in GTA 1 and y'know what he's 100% Gay

gta1128
  • gta1128

GTA VET

• Members

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:45 PM

yea,thats gay u cant do more missions 4 him and stuff. confused.gif

Philtheonearmedbandit
  • Philtheonearmedbandit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:10 PM

I though alot of the characters should have been in the game more not just 8 Ball but I would have like to see more Mafia involvement after you went to Staunton. You never got to see Joey, Toni, or Luigi again. There also needed to be more Phil.

GTA_goD_01
  • GTA_goD_01

Uber_Driver

• Members

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:57 PM

just lookin' through teh forum. quite nice. re: last post, what the.. you go to staunton after having killed Don Salvatore.. why the heck would joey, tony or luigi want to see you at all? you probably don't see 8-ball because he had connections with the mafia and probably thought more of them than he did of our GTA3 hero..

Sean McC
  • Sean McC

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:35 PM

I was also disappointed with the lack of 8-Ball in the game.
It was also a shame that the Mafia involvement disappeared, but understandably so. And there should have been more Phil, at least they expanded his character a bit in VC, but they should have given him a cameo in SA.

Philtheonearmedbandit
  • Philtheonearmedbandit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 June 2005 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (GTA_goD_01 @ May 27 2005, 17:57)
just lookin' through teh forum. quite nice. re: last post, what the.. you go to staunton after having killed Don Salvatore.. why the heck would joey, tony or luigi want to see you at all? you probably don't see 8-ball because he had connections with the mafia and probably thought more of them than he did of our GTA3 hero..

That was not what I meant. Everybody knew who killed Salvatore and they never went to seek him out.

Once you leave Portland you never even see the Mafia bosses again. I mean wouldn't they conceivably go after the man who killed their don? Especially his OWN SON Joey?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users