Photo

The purpose of life...

17 replies to this topic
TempEcho
  • TempEcho

What do you mean , naive?

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:53 PM

Recently I turned 13. I am sure some of you remember my 'Glad to be young post' , but that was a year back. Much things have changed since then.

The war in Iraq , the whole fuzzzzzzzz about software patents , HL2.
I am 13 , my age is a lucky number (right , right????) , I got two black cats , and I have lots of mirrors in my house. I spent 2 hours per day behind my computer.

Sometimes , when I am bored , I think about what my purpose is. WHAT THE f*ck AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??? I'm having fun , I laugh a lot , but is a purpose , having fun? It seems like a good one to me. But I keep having this strange idea that there is nothing I can do.

What IS the purpose in this life? Can anyone tell me (besides the pastor of the local church , for the 666th time , I DO NOT THINK GOD EXISTS!)

T.E.

Tongue of Colicab
  • Tongue of Colicab

629>1506

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:11 PM Edited by Tongue of Colicab, 01 May 2005 - 10:14 PM.

There is no purpose of life, you just do what you can to make yourself (or others) happy. smile.gif

EDIT: (I decided to add something)

Its like how i play video games, but nothing good comes out of it. My parents make me go to church, I don't believe in God or anything. They say its because its "what I have to do" and I ask "why?" and they say "because we want you to." So I go, but I don't enjoy it. But they are happy, so I don't lose my PS2 am happy.

TempEcho
  • TempEcho

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:13 PM

Then why am I here?

Tongue of Colicab
  • Tongue of Colicab

629>1506

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (TempEcho @ May 1 2005, 17:13)
Then why am I here?

You just are. Not to bring you down or anything but, there is no real reason. confused.gif

Mr. Wongs
  • Mr. Wongs

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:42 PM

Asking this question is a stage in everyone's life. Nothing special about it. You have to overcome the fact that you're young, confused and seemingly aimless. Don't worry, this tends to evolve with age. Once you grow and develope an identity, things will become clearer. For now, enjoy your internet and games.

Dr. Stupid
  • Dr. Stupid

Goodbye, little dream goodbye...

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:10 AM

Geez! Don't you people know that the Answer is 42?! tounge.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Dr. Stupid @ May 2 2005, 06:10)
Geez! Don't you people know that the Answer is 42?! tounge.gif

you truly live up to your name.

The purpose of life is to have sex and reproduce, plain and simple.

Every single species of animal,insect,fish etc all have this basic instinct in life, heres a handy equation

Meaning of life = Eat + Sleep x Sex / Death

As for gay people I really can't find a meaning for there lives other than to enjoy them knowing they've done nothing for the human race confused.gif

TempEcho
  • TempEcho

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:47 AM

But if all we do is have sex , then at a point the whole planet will be full of people that just have sex and make more people , and they all drive cars , go to work , have sex , and polute etc. etc. And then we all die... Thats not really something you can feel good about contributing too , is it???

And I don't see the point of gays , girls are much better then boys.

Charidemus
  • Charidemus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:27 PM

Many people think the purpose of life is too reproduce, this is caused by the fact that life wouldn't exist without reproduction, and others believe that the purpose of life is too die, as dieing is the only inevitable thing in life. Others live by carrying out their religions criterion.

I; myself believe that the purpose of life is to have fun, make the most of everything, make every moment special, and also make life a great experience for everyone else.

Krelian
  • Krelian

Sacrilicious

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:05 PM

The problem with asking other people about the meaning of life is that the only meaning it has is the meaning you give it. Thus it means a hundred different things to a hundred different people. You can get as many peoples' perspectives as you like, but in the end it all comes back to you. What you make of life is your decision. If you want a purpose, you're going to have to find one.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Krelian @ May 2 2005, 17:05)
The problem with asking other people about the meaning of life is that the only meaning it has is the meaning you give it. Thus it means a hundred different things to a hundred different people. You can get as many peoples' perspectives as you like, but in the end it all comes back to you. What you make of life is your decision. If you want a purpose, you're going to have to find one.

well said

Basically what is the point of anything, why does anything even exist, why bother it all vanishes in the end anyway.

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:46 PM

To expand your knowledge and pass that knowledge on to your next of kin.

Lazzo
  • Lazzo

with, without.

• The Connection

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:23 AM

QUOTE (caponester @ May 2 2005, 05:31)
QUOTE (Dr. Stupid @ May 2 2005, 06:10)
Geez! Don't you people know that the Answer is 42?!  tounge.gif

you truly live up to your name.

And you truly haven't read A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 08:36 AM

Are we talking about the meaning of your life or the meaning of all human life altogether.
Personally I find the very concept of a special meaning of life for each individual person a very ludicrous and egotistic one. You are here because your parents had sex, simple as that. Why would that cause the offspring to have a special and pre-determined aim and goal that they should try for every second of their life to accomplish. Think about it, an average human life span is what 70 or so years? How old is the universe, a few billion. Why would something that is easily created and destroyed, exist for a very short amount of time and will have almost no impact on anything in the universe be so special to have some kind of special goal, or purpose or meaning for existance?
However if you wish to give yourself an aim you wish to complete in life that's fine, just don't pin it on some divine force, you're the one who want's to accomplish it.
The purpose of human life in general is a very simple answer - to reproduce. The only way for your species to continue is for them to reproduce, and if there were a species that had higher priorities than keeping their very kind around is screwed.
Blargh Monster!

GTAFool12
  • GTAFool12

Custom Member Title

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:51 PM

I agree. The purpose of human life is to reproduce and spread out throughout the universe.

spoof
  • spoof

?

• The Precinct

Posted 05 May 2005 - 02:51 AM

If we are born, then it is inevitable that we shall die. What occurs in-between is shaped predominantly by the individual.

The purpose of life…………..is merely to live.

How you chose to live, is up to you.

Find your own path………….there is no tour guide, map, nor checklist that can guide you definitively to a “good life”.

People can only find perceived “purpose” through experiencing life. Some may have “responsibilities” thrust upon them from an early age, but what one is expected to do and what one actually does, are often two separate things.

TempEcho
  • TempEcho

• Members

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:56 PM

Nicely quoted biggrin.gif . If the purpose of life is reproducing (sounds logical) , then I do not see why NOT all girls should walk around naked (exept when cold) and have signs pointing at them with : f*ckable in 30 seconds , and everyone is... reproducing. But that would be a world where logic prevails over values and tradition , so I don't think THAT will ever happen.

Anyways , thanks for your mental support , I can go have some rest now.

Peace,

T.E.

Hooded
  • Hooded

Art Of Illusion

• Members

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:17 PM

When you think about it reproduction could be the meaning of life, because the thing that defines life from artificial life and everything else is that it can reproduce.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users