Photo

Second to third island?

15 replies to this topic
Codemaster
  • Codemaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:09 AM

Well, I haven't done much missions yet (probably about 3) and I did the glitch to get to the second island early. Anyway, the bridge connecting the second and third island is a liftbridge, and the other side is always lifted. Does anybody know a way to bypass that?

Thanks. smile.gif

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

In Prop Inc, party finds you!

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:15 AM

One thing you could try is entering the Flying Cars Cheat (chittychittybb for PC), and take a flying tank across, similar to what you did with the Staunton glitch, but it might be trickier since the bridge is smaller. Aside from modding the game a bit, I don't see another way to Shoreside Vale...

Codemaster
  • Codemaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Bartleby @ Apr 30 2005, 07:15)
One thing you could try is entering the Flying Cars Cheat (chittychittybb for PC), and take a flying tank across, similar to what you did with the Staunton glitch, but it might be trickier since the bridge is smaller. Aside from modding the game a bit, I don't see another way to Shoreside Vale...

I'm using the PS2 version.

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (Codemaster @ Apr 30 2005, 00:18)
I'm using the PS2 version.

On the PS2, the flying cars cheat is right R2 circle R1 L2 down L1 L2

Once you have entered that code, take a tank up the Lift Bridge. Once you're on the final bend of the spiral road before you get on the actual bridge, start firing the cannon with the turret facing behind you. You should have enough air when you reach the gap to clear it (I just tried it on PC, and it worked).

Codemaster
  • Codemaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:44 AM

How do I get to the Carsen City or whatever? Where do I go to start flying (with the tank)?

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:46 AM

If you still haven't gotten far enough for the Portland-Staunton bridge to be fixed yet, then you can reach SSV by hopping on the subway at Staunton (cheat-less method).

It's not Carser City, or any other city, it's just a hidden part of Liberty. Look for it behind the dam and mountain area.

Codemaster
  • Codemaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (Samutz @ Apr 30 2005, 07:46)
If you still haven't gotten far enough for the Portland-Staunton bridge to be fixed yet, then you can reach SSV by hopping on the subway at Staunton (cheat-less method).

It's not Carser City, or any other city, it's just a hidden part of Liberty. Look for it behind the dam and mountain area.

I'm not seeing it...I'm behind the tunnel area (up on the mountain) and I'm still looking. What direction is it? I'm looking with a sniper rifle, btw.

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:58 AM Edited by Samutz, 30 April 2005 - 08:00 AM.

You're not going to see it with the sniper rifle if you're looking from the areas that can be accessed by normal means. You'll have to fly there to find it.

Edit: This should give you a better idea:
http://realgta.net/r...ertycitymap.gif

And it's more like below than above.

Codemaster
  • Codemaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Samutz @ Apr 30 2005, 07:58)
You're not going to see it with the sniper rifle if you're looking from the areas that can be accessed by normal means. You'll have to fly there to find it.

Okay, I appologise if I am getting annoying, but I am getting confused. I am looking straight at the dam right now. Tell me what to do exactly.

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Codemaster @ Apr 30 2005, 01:00)

Okay, I appologise if I am getting annoying, but I am getting confused. I am looking straight at the dam right now. Tell me what to do exactly.

You're going to need to fly the Dodo to get there. I'm not sure if a flying car will last long enough. You take off from Francis, flying north, parallel to Shoreside. Follow the island as it curves, and soon a floating 'town' will appear out of nowhere. You can't land on it, but it is interesting...

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:24 AM

Btw, as long as the Callahan bridge is broken, the Porter tunnel between Staunton and SSV is open, so you can drive to SSV. You can even drive all the way to Portland and find out there's only the blue fence between you and Portland,

Codemaster
  • Codemaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (Bartleby @ Apr 30 2005, 08:17)
QUOTE (Codemaster @ Apr 30 2005, 01:00)

You're going to need to fly the Dodo to get there. I'm not sure if a flying car will last long enough. You take off from Francis, flying north, parallel to Shoreside. Follow the island as it curves, and soon a floating 'town' will appear out of nowhere. You can't land on it, but it is interesting...

where can I find a dodo?

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Codemaster @ Apr 30 2005, 01:32)
where can I find a dodo?

Francis International Airport in Shoreside Vale. It's the first left turn coming off the Lift Bridge, and straight into an alley that leads to the runway. You can find a Dodo parked on the far side near a helipad.

o0o_illusions_o0o
  • o0o_illusions_o0o

PWNED:) IM LOOKING FOR A GANG

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:03 PM

Theres a tunnel by the hospital go behind the hospital and there will be a tunnel go into the tunnel take a left and keep on going soon you will see trafic keep going straight until you come out and you there when your there if you go left theres a airport biggrin.gif
Sorry I didn't read the post above mine sad.gif

OtaconPliskin
  • OtaconPliskin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:00 PM

This is how I got to Shoreside Vale early, about two years ago:

Me and a friend tried for hours, and hours, and hours.

We had the low gravity cheat on..and we were using yakuza stingers.
Over and over, death after death.
Finnaly..

We had enough speed..We rushed up the ramp and over the gap..We were screaming in reality. rah.gif bbq.gif

Pump Bumper
  • Pump Bumper

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:30 PM

so how long til he comes back and asks how the f*ck you fly a dodo??? i say 15 minutes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users