Photo

gta bugs

7 replies to this topic
natica
  • natica

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:15 PM

I am a gta freak like everyone else however with the san andreas coming out for xbox in about a month I've got one thing holding me back from purchase. I own gta 3 and vice city (xbox) and when I first got it, it was great but, the more I played the more it would freeze up. There are 2 major hints that I can tell when it's gonna freeze. One the car radio will stop and if you switch the station then, BOOM, freeze. Or the sections of the street seem to disappear then Boom, freeze. That was just on vice city. Then gta 3 started to do the same thing. I decided to "sell back" my combo pac back to game stop and the proceeded to buy a brand new combo copy. WAIT! Must backtrack with my story, I purchased the Xbox disc cleaner (didn't help even though a heard of dust bunnies came out) the I bought a can of keyboard clearer to blow and clean my xbox out still didn't help. NOW back up to the current action, brought home my new copy and guess what........ it still does it, only now load times seem double if not reliable which leads to another (you guessed it) another F#*^in freeze. I'm really really burnt, love the game but if this is the case then I aint gonna shell out 50 bucks for another gta San freeze. Oh yeah one more thing I heard from a hard core gamer that xbox, ps, and all game platforms upgrade their systems periodically without public knowledge and if thats the case well I bought the xbox on it's opening day that it came out ( yeah it's old and has outlasted all of my friend's xboxes but must be outdated. If anyone has had this problem or solution please feel free. Thanks (stop stop sonny from freezin ) cryani.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:22 AM

Well it could be your Xbox having one of the "problem" DVD drives causing DDE's and freezing, I personnally have had no problems with my GTA3/Vice Double Pack on my relatvily old Xbox.

HKB
  • HKB

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:45 PM

I have a tow letters soloution to your problems: PC wink.gif

sak_dogg
  • sak_dogg

Frogs r kool!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:26 AM

Maybe u need to get a new Xbox. The exact same things happened 2 me on PS2 and when i got a new 1 i played the exact same copy and it worked perfect. If u want try another game than the GTA's and if they dont work its ur Xbox playin up.
If u wanna get a cheapper Xbox just trade in the 1 u got now and buy a 2nd hand 1 or even a new 1. I did that wit my PS2 and it turned out that i only spend $30 cool.gif

SystemOverload
  • SystemOverload

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:01 PM

Like what HKB said, I think they run much better on PC, it has better grafics and there is no frame rate slowdown (atleast not on my computer). But since you are talking about x-box the DVD drive might be toast, espasially if you play it alot. Also, could you explain more about what your friend said concerning the upgrade of game systems over time? I would like to know more if it is true.

king surfer
  • king surfer

Omni-f*ck

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 03:14 PM

yeah sometimes consoles just break you know! but ps2s are so much worse my gta had eaten through 2 ps2s before i realised it aqs the actual disc causing the problems! confused.gif

Xo4
  • Xo4

The Lunatic is in My Head.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (king surfer @ May 3 2005, 15:14)
yeah sometimes consoles just break you know! but ps2s are so much worse my gta had eaten through 2 ps2s before i realised it aqs the actual disc causing the problems! confused.gif

Me too only mine took one.My halo also did not work but the can of air thing worked so i don't know

socalistoner
  • socalistoner

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:25 AM

i have noticed this problem with vice city on the ps2 thought it is rare to freeze up on that one..and my first copy of san andreas would freeze up a lot after som wear and tear on it.ur best bet is prolly picking up a new x box.....i havent had ne problems on my brothers system since we sent it in to sony to get it cleaned..... bbq.gif ph34r.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users