Quantcast

» «
Photo

German San Andreas without restrictions?

7 replies to this topic
zroice
  • zroice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:51 PM

Hi there,

I'm goin nuts! I bought San Andreas over Ebay and ended up with the german
version instead of the pal as planned (well I am german so the language is not the problem)
but the restrictions (not buying drugs, no money from killing innocents, etc.) really annoy me.

Now I would like to edit it so those dont occur anymore - I am sure there is a way like changing
files or simply editing them but on a quick look into the DVD on my pc i couldnt find anything about
that in the plain text files.

I thought maybe someone else did something like that already or got an idea which files i need to change.

Thanks ahead

Z-Ro

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:58 PM

As far as i know, there is no way to really mod the game, so you have to keep playing the censored version and wait for it to come for PC confused.gif .
If there was a way to mod it, you would have to have DVD burner, and a DVD-rom, and burn the whole game again with the edited files.

zroice
  • zroice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:13 PM

If there was a way to mod it, you would have to have DVD burner, and a DVD-rom, and burn the whole game again with the edited files.

thats the plan biggrin.gif - i think by changing/editing some files it might work, but i need to know which and where to get em from maybe =)

Z-Ro

zroice
  • zroice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:25 PM

well after browsing thru the plain text files again and reading thru this forum i got the idea that its maybe linked
to the main.scm - my german one is exaclty 3,122,002 Bytes big. Maybe someone with pal or us version could look how
big theirs is.

If this isnt it it might be worth to create a list of file sizes and maybe checksums too - anyone know a program which can do this
and put it out as text?

Z-Ro

P.S.: Is the XXX shop only open at certain times of the day or after a certain stage in game - or is that just another censored
thing in the german version? I just noticed i cant enter (no arrow marker in front).

zroice
  • zroice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

I am searching the web for around 5 hours now to find a San Andreas main.scm and script.img without any luck - all i found was the one from vice city =(.

I hope it is ok to ask here if anyone would be so nice to send those to me (my email is [email protected])

I will highly appreciate it.

Thanks ahead again

Z-Ro rah.gif

NewbSabott
  • NewbSabott

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:46 PM

I know that blood (i'm pretty sure that is censored, if the, the pc version in germany wont have blood) is handled in the particle file if this helps.

But if they removed it there, then they would've had to omit it from the.... Noooooo

I bet that all you have to do to get the blood back is change the appropriate files inside of particle. (the blood tiles are probably only mad completely transparent witht the alpha channel) I'm sure germany just doesnt want little snot nosed 17 and 16 year olds to see that ish, and Rockstar prolly did the quickest ish possible to fix that.

Particle may also help you with another problem that may be a part of SA on PC, but I'm not going to go nto that in case I'm wrong.

NewbSabott
  • NewbSabott

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:02 PM

Sorry, I didn't read the rest of your findings. Since you own the program, I can't see anything wrong with you finding it in other deemed "not so legal" ways. like P2P for instance. That is not considered piracy when you own the game. I'm sure someone has to have it on one of those programs.

zroice
  • zroice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:31 PM

well if it was that easy hehe - the german version got blood but other restrictions:

- no headshot animation (no blowing off heads)

- no mones from killing people on the streets

- no beating on people lying in the ground

- no buying drugs

- no blood if you squeeze people with the big mower

- no reward for catching police chased criminals

maybe even more i didnt find out yet

Any idea where this could be hidden at?

Z-Ro

P.S.: Ive edited the main.scm with the new SA Mission Builder and found some "if checks" for "is_german_game" - where could that variable be defined in? I believe you could just change the "is_german_game" variable to

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users