Car placing with asi file

8 replies to this topic
aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:42 PM

I was wondering if it would be possible to place cars in vice city with asi file i know spookie did it with his SCM hooking and C++ but the only thing i want is to place cars in vice city via a asi file
i currently only have VIsual Studio 6.0 with C++ and VIsual Basic and all other tools that were included install so if someone can tell me how or if its possible i would like that.
biggrin.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:51 PM

/* yea, it should be possible. you can execute pretty much any script command from the asi file. just request a model, load it, place it where you want, and release it. i dont know if parked car generators would work without starting a new game first.
but what would be the advantage to doing it this way, as opposed to adding a parked car directly to the scm? */

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (ashdexx @ Apr 29 2005, 12:51)
/* yea, it should be possible. you can execute pretty much any script command from the asi file. just request a model, load it, place it where you want, and release it. i dont know if parked car generators would work without starting a new game first.
but what would be the advantage to doing it this way, as opposed to adding a parked car directly to the scm? */

As Everyone knows vice city has a car limit and that cant be exceeded if you do the cars wont show up but you still can sit in them although they are still invisable the vehicle is there u cant drive it you can only sit in it. So i thought maybe its possible with using A Asi file the limit can be exceeded and this way a lot of cars (parked cars) can be in the game. And i just wanna know how i can put a car ingame with the asi file i know scm coding but im actualy a noob at visual basic and c++.

random_download
  • random_download

:o

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 03:35 PM

Using an asi file to place a car would just call the scm opcodes, so it would be the same as if you just used the main.scm to do it.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:44 AM

yeah i know random but wouldnt this work to get more cars ingame then coding it into the mission script itself?

random_download
  • random_download

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:53 AM

no, it would be the same as using the mission script... the main.scm file does exactly the same as what the asi file would do.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:54 AM

/* its e game engine limitation, not a script limitation. you add as many cars as you want to the script, but the game will only use 50. */

good timing RD tounge.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:25 PM

K i understand so till now there hasnt been a hack to exceed the limit of the cars?

random_download
  • random_download

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 08:13 PM

I don't htink anybody has yet. You could ask Andy80586, as he has managed to expand the borders

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users