• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic
DigitalD
  • DigitalD

bvlgari

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:28 AM

News: Official Word on 2-Player Mode for PC

I contacted Rockstar to get the final word on the 2-player issue and it seems that RCAgent's happy frenzy of disproving me is right down the drain tounge.gif

Here's the part about 2 player from my mail exchange with Rockstar:

apparently, the dual
keyboard and mouse set up proved too unwieldy for players and didn't
work with the PC version of San Andreas' greatly improved free camera
mechanics, as such Rockstar North decided to focus on maximizing the
single player experience.

Manly5000
  • Manly5000

THAT'S MY BIKE, PUNK!!!

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:53 AM

Well, I sure hope they give us something to make up for no 2-player (not that I ever used it, I'm just greedy tounge.gif )

Like making the Vinewood/Mulholland safehouse actually cool again!!!

galamaheit 10 000
  • galamaheit 10 000

The Baclava's are quite frosty this time of the year, no?

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:22 AM

Yeah I wasn't suprised by that at all. Doing this for the 100 people who are actually active enough to go out to get 2 gamepads and ACTUALLY install them, is not legit at all. Espesially after making huge alterations to Direct x.

I agree with manly 5000, the should have given us a little something to make up for the 2 player. I was thinking a mod distributing program (sorta like steam, but much simpler) and mod tools. Just things that would make modding and dowloading and LOADING mods (I always screw up something somehow when installing a mod). I dunno, i just sorta wanted a program where you can click on a mod from a list of choices and say download and it automatically installs the mod to the specifications you have asked for.

This would make it a whole lot easier.

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:48 AM

Doesn't worry me as I wouldn't be using 2 player. But good that its finally been confirmed!

RCagent
  • RCagent

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:04 AM

Damn, tounge.gif

Oh well, I can still hope for multi theft auto I guess. And my cousin is probably going to be pissed when I tell him this.

HinGTA
  • HinGTA

\m/ Horns Up! \m/

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:30 AM

That was to be expected. To be honest, I think 2 people playing on one computer would suck major whale dick anyway. Multi Theft Auto will certainly make a worthy multiplayer mod though. MTA Vice was impressive from what I played.

Beretta
  • Beretta

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:05 PM

Can't say I'm dissapointed.. bored.gif

HotCoffeeDude
  • HotCoffeeDude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:12 PM

I would appreciate it if they just replaced the 2P icons with basic rampage icons. Otherwise, there won't be any rampages at all, will there?

Manly5000
  • Manly5000

THAT'S MY BIKE, PUNK!!!

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 04:55 PM

You know what I think they should do? Since you can't do 2-player roaming and rampages anymore with the 2nd player being your Girlfriend, I think they should make some kind of "tag-along" mode where you can have your girlfriend(s) just stay with you outside of dates. It could work like recruiting a gang member, except maybe the other ones aside from Denise wouldn't have weapons and attack cops and enemies that came after you. There would be no time limit and when you were done with them, you could just take them back home and the "tag-along" mode would end.

Your relationship would increase slowly over time for spending time with them, travelling around the state, flying and boating, etc. etc.

Of course, they could always be persuaded to fight against other gangs... biggrin.gif

It gets annoying having such a low time limit to be with them on dates. You should be able to do more with them while you're living the good life in S.A.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:28 AM

Doens't bother me, I only tried 2-Player like once and didn't really like it, that just leaves the question of what will be put in its place if it does get replaced. Some lovely rampages wouldn't go astray Rockstar wink.gif

Killer_Waffle
  • Killer_Waffle

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (galamaheit 10 000 @ Apr 29 2005, 02:22)
Yeah I wasn't suprised by that at all. Doing this for the 100 people who are actually active enough to go out to get 2 gamepads and ACTUALLY install them, is not legit at all. Espesially after making huge alterations to Direct x.

I agree with manly 5000, the should have given us a little something to make up for the 2 player. I was thinking a mod distributing program (sorta like steam, but much simpler) and mod tools. Just things that would make modding and dowloading and LOADING mods (I always screw up something somehow when installing a mod). I dunno, i just sorta wanted a program where you can click on a mod from a list of choices and say download and it automatically installs the mod to the specifications you have asked for.

This would make it a whole lot easier.

the pc website for gta sa has an interesting bit of info..namely that some sort
of modding tools will be added to the game, to change things in the sa world...
i'm wondering if it's a true sandbox editor we'll get, being able to reshuffle
some parts, might be very interesting smile.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:32 AM

As said in the other topic, all that means is that Rockstar have made it easier for the mod community to create stuff once again similar to Vice and GTA3. illspirits post explains this better;

QUOTE (illspirit in other topic)
I'm almost 99.999999% certain they won't be giving us any real mod tools. By "support", they most likely mean that they've gone through and made many things easier to mod, which they have. They've listened to many of our collective complaints, and stuck more things into text files (as opposed to hardcoding them in the exe), and simplified other stuff. For the most part, anything in the game can be edited with Notepad except for the models, textures, and mission scripts. Models and textures are a proprietary third-party format (now owned by *gasp* EA), so it's unlikely we'll see any tools or docs for those. We already have user tools for them though, so it's hardly an issue. Mission script formats, on the other hand, are developed in house at R*^, but they probably won't feel compelled to give us those either since we've been cracking those for the last two games anyway.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:32 AM

OT: When did EA buy the models and textures to GTA? And how could Rockstar allow that?

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:50 AM

EA bought Criterion, who make Renderware, which powers the 3D GTA games.

GTAKhaoZ
  • GTAKhaoZ

C'mon SA:PC! Now to get a better PC...

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:59 AM

Very smart. But how soon before EA attempts to own my soul? rolleyes.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:03 PM

Six months, given their current rate of expansion.

However, your soul will have all the quality removed and then resold at double the price it was before, in keeping with EA's current business plan.

MissileDefender
  • MissileDefender

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:47 PM

Couldnt see there being 2 player... 2 mouses and 2 keyboards is awkward, Mybe they should make it compatible for a LAN party lol.gif

Now theres an idea

Killer_Waffle
  • Killer_Waffle

Thug

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ May 2 2005, 12:03)
Six months, given their current rate of expansion.

However, your soul will have all the quality removed and then resold at double the price it was before, in keeping with EA's current business plan.

not only that, there's also the fact of being released over & over again, year after year
all that changes is some new make-up and perhaps a fresh shirt, for the rest you'll stay the same biggrin.gif

Fatz
  • Fatz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:38 PM

You could still easily have two gamepads, just as easily as you can get two playstation controllers but whatever, it's too bad its not in.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 May 2005 - 10:33 AM

To be honest with all the people who are dissapointed about the no 2 player for PC. What's the big deal? You want a multiplayer game for pc, play battlefront, or something like that. Multi Theft Auto was made for a reason.

Fatz
  • Fatz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:14 PM Edited by Fatz, 05 May 2005 - 01:15 PM.

delete

Fatz
  • Fatz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2005 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (pizza guy @ May 5 2005, 10:33)
To be honest with all the people who are dissapointed about the no 2 player for PC. What's the big deal? You want a multiplayer game for pc, play battlefront, or something like that. Multi Theft Auto was made for a reason.

That's not the point really, there's always another game that has such and such a feature that this game doesn't where we can play to get our fix. But the point is more that it's a feature that was taken OUT. More so that it was taken out based on the 'statement' that directx won't support two gamepads or that people can afford multiple console controllers but can't do the same for similarily priced PC gamepads or console>usb adapters.

I've played many games with two controllers on one pc, works just fine. I need a better reason for it to go. If you don't have a second player or two controllers then don't click the activiate button on the 2-player avatar thing. No need to remove the option for those of us who are capable of making it work.

nedluke
  • nedluke

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

sounds sh*tty just like the gang section

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users