Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will there be penalties for using cheat codes?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic
satasha
  • satasha

Rodent Boy

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:46 PM

I seem to remember that there were penalties for using cheat codes in vice city (or is that my imagination?). So I used a cool trainer instead. Do you think there will be penalties for using cheat codes in the pc version of San Andreas?

satasha
  • satasha

Rodent Boy

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:49 PM

To preempt the cheater haters: some people like to cheat. Get over it.

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:59 PM

user posted image < Please use that rather than double posting.

I imagine the only consequence of using cheats will be a reduction in your rank (as with the PS2 version). I assume they'll have fixed the Madd Dogg glitch and the other problems that the Pedestrian Riot cheat creates.

MissileDefender
  • MissileDefender

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Barguast @ Apr 27 2005, 12:59)
user posted image < Please use that rather than double posting.

I imagine the only consequence of using cheats will be a reduction in your rank (as with the PS2 version). I assume they'll have fixed the Madd Dogg glitch and the other problems that the Pedestrian Riot cheat creates.

Why what affects did the peds riot cheat have?

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (MissileDefender @ Apr 27 2005, 16:00)

Madd Dogg would jump off the roof as soon as the mission started - I'd have thought everyone knew about that... It also causes Catalina to kill the guy at the hauling place at the end of the Tanker Commander mission and probably effects some other missions, too.

Konoko45
  • Konoko45

I hate you all, just FYI.

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:28 PM

No, they won't fix the peds riot mission glitches. Why? Well, for one thing, you're not supposed to have the code on in the first place. Secondly, it pretty much overrides the logic of on-foot NPCs. So, with the code on, Madd Dogg will attempt to attack someone, and of course, fall and die.

Let's also consider the fact that they NEVER fixed anything about this cheat since GTA3. This is the second game past GTA3, and they STILL didn't fix it to be able to turn off, or not interfere with missions.

So the point here is: If you wanna use the riot cheat, SAVE TO A DIFFERENT SLOT IF YOU'RE GONNA SAVE IT, OR HOW ABOUT NOT SAVING IT AT ALL!? Using this cheat to make the game "easier" is a VERY stupid idea.

Also, another penalty is having the stupid-ass "Warning! A cheat has been activated..." screen before saving after using ANY button cheat, and that's not something you want if you're trying for a legit looking perfect save.

bob the noob
  • bob the noob

Hatesu

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (satasha @ Apr 27 2005, 05:46)
I seem to remember that there were penalties for using cheat codes in vice city (or is that my imagination?). So I used a cool trainer instead. Do you think there will be penalties for using cheat codes in the pc version of San Andreas?

yes there will be penalties for using cheats... i can't see why they would take it out of the pc version when they haven't yet todate ... though i hink depends on the cheat as to how much of a penality

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Konoko45 @ Apr 27 2005, 23:28)
No, they won't fix the peds riot mission glitches. Why? Well, for one thing, you're not supposed to have the code on in the first place. Secondly, it pretty much overrides the logic of on-foot NPCs. So, with the code on, Madd Dogg will attempt to attack someone, and of course, fall and die.

I'm not 100% sure, but to the best of my knowledge it was still possible to complete GTA3 and Vice City even if the pedestrians riot cheat was enabled. The cheat also doesn't seem to affect any of the other missions in San Andreas and I'd have thought that during the two missions where it does have an effect (namely the Catalina cutscene and the Madd Dogg mission) the 'actors' wouldn't follow the typical pedestrian AI rules anyway...

MissileDefender
  • MissileDefender

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Barguast @ Apr 27 2005, 18:35)
QUOTE (MissileDefender @ Apr 27 2005, 16:00)

Madd Dogg would jump off the roof as soon as the mission started - I'd have thought everyone knew about that... It also causes Catalina to kill the guy at the hauling place at the end of the Tanker Commander mission and probably effects some other missions, too.

What mission will he jump from a roof? notify.gif
Does she just run up to em n pop a few rounds in him?

And what you trying to say? That im slow! dontgetit.gif

Konoko45
  • Konoko45

I hate you all, just FYI.

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (Barguast @ Apr 28 2005, 09:17)
QUOTE (Konoko45 @ Apr 27 2005, 23:28)

I'm not 100% sure, but to the best of my knowledge it was still possible to complete GTA3 and Vice City even if the pedestrians riot cheat was enabled. The cheat also doesn't seem to affect any of the other missions in San Andreas and I'd have thought that during the two missions where it does have an effect (namely the Catalina cutscene and the Madd Dogg mission) the 'actors' wouldn't follow the typical pedestrian AI rules anyway...

Wrong. GTA3 could NOT be completed properly with the cheat. The final mission in that, where you had to blow the helicopter and rescue Maria, it would make it to where the Columbians on the helipad would kill her before you could possibly get up there.

There's no screw ups in Vice City that I know of, though.

StarJet905
  • StarJet905

StarGen3000

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:07 PM

What mission will he jump from a roof?

Man! You seriously should consider reading a Strategy Guide or something.
Madd Dogg Jumps off in the mission "Madd Dogg" - Madd Dogg Path - Las Venturas where you have to save him from dying!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users