Photo

cheating the system

6 replies to this topic
iamdigitalman
  • iamdigitalman

Going back to my roots...

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:33 AM

well, I downloaded 11 songs with my Pepsi caps last night, but there was one problem... the files were in .m4p, an encrypted mpeg 4 audio format. well, I NEED them in .mp3 format so my PSP can play them. Simply renaming them with a .mp3 extension in windows explorer will not work. I ended up with little corrupted data icons on my PSP. here is a guide:

1. burn your purchaced music to a blank CD-R ( make sure it is less than 80mb at a time, so it will fit on the CD).
2. open up Windows media player, and select the Rip tab.
3. rip them to .mp3 format.
4. rename the files in the folder they were placed in (in my case /my documents/my music/various artists folder).
5. transfer files to your non-itunes supported MP3 player (A.K.A. anything without an iPod logo on it).
6. enjoy your former m4p files, now in mp3 format!!

oh, and this is not illegal. It is all built into pieces of software put out by the Apple and Microsoft corporations. Now, if only I could figure out a way og doing this without wasting a CD-R.

enjoy!! AMF 4ever. -digital wink.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:39 AM

You could just play them in whatever player you use, record the audio in wave format (with Sound Recorder), then convert it to mp3. That will save you a CD-R, but it's very time consuming.

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:45 AM

There is supposed to be some software that will convert mp4s with protection. I forget what it's called but I couldn't get it to work. Used it about a month ago when I was cashing in my caps.

A way around the wasting cds is to burn them to a cdrw and then erase and use over.

Bolverk
  • Bolverk

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:57 AM

Just use Soulseek!
Bam Problem Solved music.gif

Purple9
  • Purple9

WARNING: Contains Horse

• The Precinct

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Bolverk @ Apr 27 2005, 05:57)
Just use Soulseek!
Bam Problem Solved music.gif

No... because that's illegal, and we don't talk about those sort of things here, do we? colgate.gif

Hard Margin
  • Hard Margin

Mostly harmless

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

You can do it this way too:

You'll need Windows Media Player 9, Daemon Tools and the Nero Fast Burning plugin.

Open the protected track(s) in WMP 9, choose "Copy to a CD or Device", check the tracks you want to copy and in the pulldown below "Items on device" on the top right, select "Nero fast CD-Burning plug-in", click "Copy" in the top right, this will bring up the Nero interface, where it says "Current Recorder" select "Image Recorder" then burn.

Run Daemon tools, right click the red icon in the taskbar and select "Virtual CD/DVD Rom" then "Device 0" then "Mount image", browse to the .nrg file that was burnt using Nero and click ok.

You'll now see that you have a normal Audio CD mounted, which you can rip the tracks (using something like CDex) to whatever format you want without having to worry about DRM.

In other words, you're burning to an image file then ripping, as opposed to burning to a CD-R and wasting a CD.

LordDiablo
  • LordDiablo

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:37 PM

CD-R W ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users