Photo

removing tainted windows

5 replies to this topic
sonnybu1
  • sonnybu1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:42 AM

I play the game using Toca Edit's first person mod and the biggest inconvenience comes from the number of cars out there that have tinted windows. Using the cockpit view you cant see what's outside the car. Even on slightly tinted windows you cant see streetlights or headlights.

I've been trying to toy around with the Material Editor in ZModeler : I find the material used for windows, I lower the opacity level... and the whole car is white, even the wheels are white. The great thing is the windows are completely transparent (or completely removed which is just as good, but every part of the car is white. I've tried with many different cars from many different makers, but it's always the same thing.

So could someone please give the procedure, step by step, to make all the windows transparent or to remove all the glass surfaces in a car without modifying anything else ?

Thanks by advance.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:25 AM

/* you did the right thing, but you have to extract all the images from the txd, into the same folder as the dff. you need to extract those images, as .tga, so zmodeler will automatically load them and apply them to the vehicle, when you import the model. thats it. */

sonnybu1
  • sonnybu1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:29 AM

A million thanks to you !

sonnybu1
  • sonnybu1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:45 AM

Working great so far except with dffs associated with cols. If the "modified" car is in a garage, the door wont open. If not, at one point when I roam in the streets the game will start lagging almost to a halt. What do I have to do different ?

Thanks by advance !

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:59 AM

Try to compress the textures with txdworkshop or any other txd tool and then save this will prevent some lag. wow.gif

sonnybu1
  • sonnybu1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:45 PM Edited by sonnybu1, 02 May 2005 - 11:32 AM.

UPDATE : I've found out the problem comes from getting the car in and out of Zmodeler. I extract all the textures and alphas from the TXD in the car folder using TXDviewer, ViceTXD or TXDWorkshop. I load the car model in Zmodeler. I dont change anything. I export it as a Vice city DFF. The car doesnt load in the game. If I export it as Gta 3 dff I get an exception error when i get close to the garage where the car is stored.

I've even tried the tip in the tutorials that says to uncheck the "dont blend textures" and "high blending" attributes in Zmod but that leads straight to an exceptione error.

Any idea ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users