Photo

Save bug is driving me nuts

8 replies to this topic
Zelius
  • Zelius

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:38 PM

I've searched all over the place for this and couldn't find anything so here it is... I recently decided to get off my ass, start playing SA again and finish the final mission "End Of The Line." For some reason though, every time I try to load any of my saved games from that point onward gives me an error message and restarts the game... why?

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:41 PM

Some people can't save if the file is called "End of the Line," so beat that mission and before saving complete some other mission to change the name of your save file. Hopefully that works.

Zelius
  • Zelius

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:31 AM

Thanks, but I tried that already and it didn't work for me either.

sak_dogg
  • sak_dogg

Frogs r kool!

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:39 AM

Yea. When u did the other mission was it 1 that changed the name of ur save file? if not i think the glitch will still b round. Try doin sumthin like the BMX challenge and then save (and u have to complete it not try it).

Barguast
  • Barguast

Thy next foe is...

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (sak_dogg @ Apr 27 2005, 09:39)
Yea. When u did the other mission was it 1 that changed the name of ur save file? if not i think the glitch will still b round. Try doin sumthin like the BMX challenge and then save (and u have to complete it not try it).

Does the BMX challenge change the name of the save file if you save straight after completing it? I know the racing missions do, so you might want to try winning one of those and then saving. I realise you've tried this before but I remember suggesting this to someone not too long ago and it worked for them confused.gif

blindsk8er6d9
  • blindsk8er6d9

Z

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:04 PM

Yes, it does say BMX after you save. I know this because I am trying for 100% and I saved after doing that and it said BMX.

Zelius
  • Zelius

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:23 PM Edited by Zelius, 27 April 2005 - 07:27 PM.

Well, could be but I tried that, as well as a bunch of other racing missions that also changed the name of the save file. Unfortunately though, nothing seems to fix the problem. It's things like this that make me think about "warezing" SA when it comes out on PC, just because I can't properly complete this game on PS2... confused.gif

tommy vercetti guy
  • tommy vercetti guy

A fellow canadian

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:25 PM

i never knew, i saved right after i did end of the line, loaded the game the next day and it worked fine.

sak_dogg
  • sak_dogg

Frogs r kool!

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (tommy vercetti guy @ Apr 27 2005, 19:25)
i never knew, i saved right after i did end of the line, loaded the game the next day and it worked fine.

Yea it happens 2 sum ppl but not all. Personaly it never happened 2 me which is good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users