• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic
Luke2004
  • Luke2004

You wanna leave? k. gtfo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:42 PM

This isn't for me but my good friend..
He's being telling me that when he logs onto the internet, or sometimes just on his computer, a popup appears .. now I can't describe this as it's against the rules (it's rude) also there's another connection in his dialup list.. this connection connects when he goes onto his computer.

He's already done:
Avast! Virus Scan.
Ad-Aware Scan.
Spyboy Scan.
Manual deletion.

and it keeps coming back; time after time.

Specs:
Windows XP Professional

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:29 PM

Tell your friend to go get HijackThis.
When you run this it'll ask if you want to just to a scan or scan and create a log, tell him to create a log file, then to send you that log file which you can then copy&paste here.

DO NOT have him send screenshots of the results.

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (wolf68k @ Apr 26 2005, 18:29)
Tell your friend to go get HijackThis.
When you run this it'll ask if you want to just to a scan or scan and create a log, tell him to create a log file, then to send you that log file which you can then copy&paste here.

DO NOT have him send screenshots of the results.

I told him about hijackthis today I don't know if he's had chance of getting it, as the number is dialed when he gets on the internet, so maybe I should download it and give him it on a disc?

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:57 PM

Disc (floppy if possible, no need wasting a CDR for this, unless you have a CDRW disc) or USB thumb drive

You say the number is dialed when he gets online?
That's a little confusing. Do you mean when he start up the system and the spyware detects he has an internet connection made via a cable or dsl modem, then it uses it's dailer to use the dail-up modem to dail a number? If so, just unplug the phone line from the computer or the wall then it can't get it's own connection.

Luke2004
  • Luke2004

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

Well, it was actually when he logged onto his computer.. but I told him a method of manually deleting the file, and it worked.. strangely enough.. anyway thanks wolf.

* Lock Please. *

ViceDog
  • ViceDog

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:41 PM

Glad your friends* problems solved, but remember to report your post if you want to get it locked.

tounge.gif.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users