Fed up with the Simpsons

26 replies to this topic
Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:52 AM

On Sunday i was watching 100 greatest kids shows ever on CH4 (UK) and the week before i was watching the 100 greatest cartoons.

And surprise surprise The Simpsons won.

Now i am the first person to admit i used to love the Simpsons. but its on everywhere now, i cant turn the TV over without hearing Homer's voice

I have had enough, The Simpsons has been done to death, i dont find it funny at all anymore. all the jokes seem to be the same, it the same type of story every week.

Homer does somthing crazy/ Marge moans and bart ias in trouble at school. its the same week after week. and at the end of each EP it all goes back to normal.

RANT ENDS!!

Nipa
  • Nipa

Hi.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:56 AM

If you want to avoid the Simpsons, DON'T EVEN TURN THE TV ON! What's the point of turning it on if you don't like a show that's been repeated a thousand times? ... Your way: either get your TV invaded by The Simpsons or don't even use the TV!

Nipa sneaky2.gif

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

-=| I like the simpsons but i can admit it gets annoying after a while, although there are still some episodes popping up that i havn't seen tounge.gif |=-

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:06 AM

Its quite appauling how the Simpsons are trying to bite the Family Guys style of humour.
Simpsons is not funny one tiny bit anymore. Groening, PULL THE f*ckING PLUG!

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:15 AM

I have recently been watching the episodes from the first season. Those, albeit shoddily animated, are excellent in story and substance.

Although they arent as controvercial as the newer ones, they were controvercial in their day and used satire so effectively it drew the viewer in. They all had messages in the shows to better society, with overpowering notions of respect to women and minorities and other values.

But look at it now. sh*t.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:49 PM

Raped to death. Way to bugger up the concept, Groening.

ChaosAlert
  • ChaosAlert

Gaming enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:12 PM

Sometimes when you end up watching an episode you havn't even seen, you know what to expect a few minutes later. The originality is dying, imo.

Should have carried on Futurama instead...

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:40 PM

I like the simpsons, I've liked it since tracy ullman, and don't think I will ever not like it. I've watched the show just about everyday for most of my life. Never got old, never will get old.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:49 PM

I have always said, on multiple forums and in many-a-discussions with my friends, that i think the older episodes are by far the best and funniest. Yes, we all know where the jokes are and what will be said, but we all laugh at them for some reason. Yes, they all seem to follow the same recipe, Homer does something stupid, Bart fails yet again at school and the whole family suffer, only to end the episode back as normal, but we still love the older shows.

Then Channel 4 started to air some "new" episodes, and i just don't find them funny at all. I think i laugh about once or twice during the episode, and that's only because i don't want to waste 30 mins of my life watching something that's supposed to be funny and not laugh at it.

Futurama should definitely have been carried on.

liberty-city-cocks-rule
  • liberty-city-cocks-rule

Sweaty Sock

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:55 PM

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing. I turned the telly off when I saw The Simpsons were number 1 in the top 100, because there's no point in listening to 'experts' telling me about a show I've seen too many times.

They're running out of ideas and trying to take Family Guy's sense of randomness, but doing it badly.

I hope they kill it respectfully because I did love it once. But it's more likely that they will make a one-hour special where Bart turns into a dog or something.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:07 PM

Of course The Simpsons were going to be at the top of these lists.....anyone actually know how much C4 are paying for each episode. dozingoff.gif

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:15 PM

The latest episode, the future one, was perhaps one of the indications that teh Simpsons is kinda grasping for ideas. They went for more shock value and strange jokes than trying to make it funny...

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

I like it, but it's because its the old episodes that are sent here, everyday, and i only watch tv at nights, so i catch it about twice a week. I like the humor and stuff, but some episodes are lame, or boring.

TheUtero
  • TheUtero

Andolini Badfella

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (dublo_7 @ Apr 26 2005, 11:06)
Its quite appauling how the Simpsons are trying to bite the Family Guys style of humour.
Simpsons is not funny one tiny bit anymore. Groening, PULL THE f*ckING PLUG!

Family Guy owns the Simpsons... I used to anticipate whenever a new Simpsons episode was coming on, but now I flip straight thru it if I see it on.

TheUtero
  • TheUtero

Andolini Badfella

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

sh*t my bad

Matt.
  • Matt.

east of eden

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:27 PM

Yeah, the new ones are sort of crazy and really random. But, I for one, actually find it funny.

It's just a different style of humour.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:12 PM

I wi9sh they would pump the money into Futurama, now that was funny and i dont think i got bored at all with futurama.

But the Simpson is just so boring, i watched an episode the other night, in 30 mins i never laughed once, somthing has to be wrong there

Reincarnated
  • Reincarnated

feels good man

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Raindancer @ Apr 26 2005, 22:12)
I wish they would pump the money into Futurama, now that was funny and i dont think i got bored at all with futurama.

Can you imagine if the money that was pumped in to simpons was redirected to futurama & family guy! I would pay to see those episodes (well not really but you get the idea). Instead, they waste the money on the simpons when instead, they should invest in something that has a future.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (Reincarnated @ Apr 27 2005, 07:07)
I wish they would pump the money into Futurama, now that was funny and i dont think i got bored at all with futurama.

Can you imagine if the money that was pumped in to simpons was redirected to futurama & family guy! I would pay to see those episodes (well not really but you get the idea). Instead, they waste the money on the simpons when instead, they should invest in something that has a future.

Newsflash, there are actually new Family Guy episodes. FOX has given Seth McFarlane millions to make new seasons.

Reincarnated
  • Reincarnated

feels good man

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (dublo_7 @ Apr 27 2005, 00:48)
QUOTE (Reincarnated @ Apr 27 2005, 07:07)

Newsflash, there are actually new Family Guy episodes. FOX has given Seth McFarlane millions to make new seasons.

Newsflash, there aren't any new futurama episodes. FOX hasn't given millions to make new seasons rolleyes.gif

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Raindancer @ Apr 26 2005, 04:52)
On Sunday i was watching 100 greatest kids shows ever on CH4 (UK) and the week before i was watching the 100 greatest cartoons...

Well no wonder you fed up if your stupid british communist TV only plays Simpsons all day. I thank god I live in the good 'ol USA where we have the option of 748 stations, only two of which play the Simpsons and not that often. They really make you salivate for it here.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:30 AM

Well, I have to agree that The Simpsons have been going downhill since season 12, but they still have some funny episodes, as like Matt said, it's just a different style.

I do think Family Guy is funny, but I'm not very familiar with them... yet.

dr zoidberg
  • dr zoidberg

Drain on society

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:06 PM

Yeah there's no originality anymore they don't seem to have the energy. There's so many things wrong with the new episodes, not only the crap storylines (damn you Ian Maxtone-Graham you suck!) but I've also noticed the voice acting get steadily worse, Homer often sounds wrong somehow. They had Conan O'Brien writing episodes in the first few seasons maybe if they got him back it could inject new life into the show. But otherwise it really should just end soon before there's more bad episodes than good ones.

Futurama is class but they should not go back to it and ensure it remains a classic forever. Family Guy rocks too haven't seen the new series yet but it's supposed to be good it's really taken over from where the Simpsons was.

Spidey.
  • Spidey.

Secret Wars

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:35 PM

I don't know why everyone keeps bitching about them (ever since family guy got cancelled it seems. Odd that is.), but lets the real people. The Simpsons were never that funny.

Nothing changed about the damn show. Except that the characters in it actually developed.

It was pretty obvious that Homer was going to get dumber and dumber.

It was pretty obvious that Marge would get even more depressing by Season 3.

It was pretty obvious that Bart would eventually turn into more of a Bad Boy right until he grows up.

It was also pretty obvious that Lisa would rebel more and more for no reason at all since she's the "middle child."

The only thing that happend, it that people finally noticed things changed. The only real difference with the simpsons now, is that they poke more fun at themselves, introduce more guest hollywood stars, and focus on some of the side characters a bit more often.

But in the end, the simpsons were really never a total laugh riot each episode. About them trying to emulate family guy. I don't think that's so, atleast not all the way. They didn't attempt to do that (to where the point you would actually notice) until Family Guy came along and people said "Why don't the simpsons act more off the wall like Family Guy." so they did. And now some people don't like it. Personally, i don't care either way.

So in the end people, just wait till 2009 when the show finally ends. Then, you'll all be wanting it back.

Rayo Puņo
  • Rayo Puņo

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:40 PM

the simpsons is my favorite show, but i have to admit, it's time to stop beating the dead horse.

and the sad thing is i saw on tv guide groening expects to get to at least season 20. it's on 16 right now.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:32 PM

I was watching TV, flicking around then I came to the new simpsons. It has some guys in a old car with trumpets and "Shelbiville" flags in the car. I was just confused then. Earlier today, I watched an older simpsons eposide, "Principal and the paper", and that was much better than the random bullsh*t that is on The simpsons now.

Oh

Futurama>simpsons

Family guy is so much better than the simpsons as well! Peter's dumb, but not really god damn stupid crazy dumb like Homer is.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Pitcairn-Islands

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:05 PM

I prefer Futurama over the Simpsons. I actually miss all EPs of the Simpsons due to my job. I used to catch Futurama on C3 (New Zealand ) late on Fridays. I am trying to get a hold of the boxsets, but here in NZ, we only have the single DVDs with 3 EPs each and that costs $50 NZDs alone. I'll probably grab the boxsets from Cali after getting a friend to buy them for me.

Off-topic: I always thought Smithers was gay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users