Uploading photos to Canon Digital Camera

4 replies to this topic
Timage
  • Timage

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:43 AM

Heyas.

My mother has a Canon IXUS430 digital camera, and it came with one of those little photo printers. Now, I've got some great shots on my camera which I want to print with her printer, but I have to upload them to her camera first.

The problem is, it won't let me because the software detects that it wasn't taken with a canon camera. My question is: can i somehow get around this? Something that converts the picture type or something?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mods: If this is illegal, or not welcome on these boards, feel free to lock/delete the thread. smile.gif

Tornado Rex
  • Tornado Rex

*nix gets the chicks

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:05 AM

Have you tried putting the pictures on the computer, then putting them onto the Cannon camera to print?

Timage
  • Timage

Thug

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, that's what I mean. Sorry I didn't explain it well enough.

I've got the pictures on the computer. The software that came with the camera has an upload feature, and when I try to use that to upload the photos to the camera, it won't let me. Even dragging the photos onto the camera in My Computer won't work.

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:55 PM

The camera is reading the meta data from the pictures to tell it is not taken by a Canon camera. (Exif data. I can't remember.)
You'd need some kind of meta data editor to change this.
I don't even know if they exist or not.
Try google.

Bond996
  • Bond996

[INSERT MEMBER TITLE HERE]

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Waste @ Apr 26 2005, 08:55)
The camera is reading the meta data from the pictures to tell it is not taken by a Canon camera. (Exif data. I can't remember.)
You'd need some kind of meta data editor to change this.
I don't even know if they exist or not.
Try google.

You could edit meta-data with a hex editor, and I'm pretty sure that meta-data editors exist.

Is the printer pict-bridge compatible?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users