4 replies to this topic
Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:02 AM

Problem:

I have a " 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet PCI Card " made by Mercury, which I bought quite a while ago, so I could play my PS2 online. But the floppy disk that it came with either doesnt have the right drivers on it. Or there is something missing on my computer that I need to help install the drivers.

First of all when I first tryed, I did everything as I should of and it should of automatically installed the drivers. But it never did. Now it does pretty much the same thing it has allways done. When its searching for the drivers, it seems as though it has found them, but then it gets and error and says:
" Please insert Windows 98 second edition CD-Rom and continue ", I am pretty sure I dont have that. The only thing closest to that are the two cds that have all the programs and etc on, when you first set up your PC.

I have tried going onto their website and downloading the drivers but they didnt have my product. I have tried other sites but no luck.

My PC is pretty sh*t, its 6 years old and im on windows 98 and all a load of crap. I have been told if I had XP it would install the drivers for me but I have also been told it wouldnt be able to handle XP.

Objective:

Playing my PS2 online is the main goal. I cant simply connect it to my modem because its a USB and im not sure of any attachments or hubs I can get so it crosses over. The simplest way I thought was to get this pci card and do it internal. I have had this f*cking network adaptor for my ps2 for like 2 years now and I havent even been able to use it.

I can just scrap the PCI card if needed. The main thing is I need to get my f*cking PS2 online.

Any help would be greatly apriciated.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:59 AM Edited by PresidentKiller, 27 April 2005 - 03:23 AM.

Well, if you don't have the Windows 98 CD-ROM but have got other CD's with the computer, then I assume you're talking about a brand name computer.

When asked for your Windows 98 CD-ROM, just look in C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS, C:\WINDOWS\CABS or C:\WIN98, those are the common locations for Windows 98 setup files.

You might also want to try looking at Driver Guide for your drivers.

I hope this information has been helpful. smile.gif

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:09 AM

I actually found the drivers, allthough its all the same stuff on the floppy disk i have. It is missing a couple of files though, which i dont get, and i have no idea what this f*cking windows 98 disk is.

I think the best idea is if i scrap this f*cking pci card. Is there any other way to hook up these ethernet cables, other than buying an ethernet modem or router.

Tornado Rex
  • Tornado Rex

*nix gets the chicks

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:45 AM

Did you get a CD with your computer that says 'Recovery Disk' or something along those lines? If so, that's the 'Windows 98 Disk' it wants.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:09 AM

Yeah those were the CDs, but just my f*cking luck i cant find them anywhere, now. It was missing quite a couple of .dll files I could write them all down and get them from someplace if that would work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users