Photo

Driv3r Out on PC!

5 replies to this topic
GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:14 AM

Just noticed that Driv3r has indeed been released on PC, anyone actually have it and if so is it better then PS2 as far as the PS2 version being quite shoddy and not looking that good? I assume its only been released in the UK/Australia like the PS2 version was.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:29 AM

Maybe checkout IGN's and Gamespots Reviews?

Gamespot are so harsh. I like this game. I dont have it on PC, but I bet it is good on there.

EvilPenguin
  • EvilPenguin

Insufferable c*nt.

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:51 AM

I played it on PC and was simply horrified by the game. You NEED a controller or joystick to play. Keyboard and mouse just won't cut it. The graphics are sub-par, the physics atrocious, and controls sketchy and clumsy.

This game is not very good on PC (read: useless pile of sh*t) and there are much better options to be had in this genre (see: GTA and Mafia).

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:34 AM

[/color]Are you sure theres no options on the game where you can change the controls? Surely they don't expect you to go an buy new items just so you can play the game.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

Say hi to your mom for me.

• United-States

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:05 AM

You can definitely play the game with a mouse and keyboard. You just have to redefine the control scheme as you want it and make sure the mouse isn't inverted, which it is by default.

But this port to PC is truly a disgrace. It stutters, the character's movements are still stiffer than a dick in a bucket of lard, the graphics are glitchy and subpar, the AI is still non-existent, and the list goes on.

I don't know who f*cked this game up so badly during development, but let's hope they find a better job. About the only thing good about this game are the actual maps, but there are some parts that are so low poly, you can see large triangles making up the ground in parts.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:55 PM

Played the demo for a bit, seemed like the typical port us PC users get. Im a decent car driving sim driver (with KB), but i found it next to impossible to steer the cars and after tinkering with the settings without any luck it just didnt seem worth the effort. I for one wont be buying it, will just wait for SA for PC for my fix i suppose.

Had cool cut scenes though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users