Photo

local and national news... so depressing

3 replies to this topic
memento27oasis
  • memento27oasis

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:21 PM

I like to keep up to date with the news in the world, but the past couple of years have been tough to do so.

The top story for local news stations (Portland, Oregon), seems to be murders/deaths/car accidents/train de-railments/crashes/blood/death/murder... The single good thing that they report? "An elderly man found in the woods today!" Well, that's not necessarily a good thing, an old dude wandering in the forests.

Don't they get depressed? The anchors, I mean. Maybe they shoot 4 shots of Wild Turkey before reporting so they don't die of sad news. The long term effects must be horrible.

National news is no better. "10 killed in Iraq," "abortion," "flooding," "genocide in Sudan," well..... actually the latter is never reported, only Bono addresses the real problems I guess.

The media seems to think the public wants to hear this sh*t, heck, maybe they do, but I certainly don't. Why can't they report a single good thing? I challenge you to watch 1 hour of news tonight and see the ratio of bad news to good news.

The United States isn't as bad as news makes one think. You think we've got problems? Look at Sudan, Uzbeckistan, Packistan etc.....

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:22 PM

That's the news. I havn't watched the news in a while because of this. And since I live in orange county CA, I get the news from LA. So all the news is what is important to LA. They go on for ten minutes about the mayoral race. And do I care, No. Then they show all bad stuf from my city, because they don't give a f*ck about anything else outside their town. Last week They showed a double homicide, and a shootout with cops in my neighborhood. So now people think I live in a dangerous place. But then they report a f*cking kitten being saved from traffic in downtown LA.

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:28 AM

It's depressing because that's what people want to hear. It's usually the most exciting news.

memento27oasis
  • memento27oasis

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (just another thug @ Apr 26 2005, 02:28)
It's depressing because that's what people want to hear. It's usually the most exciting news.

I understand that, sometimes it just feels like they go out of their way to find bad sh*t that happened that day.

Personally, I would find good news more exciting, heck, maybe it's just me. You'd think homemakers (moms that stay home all day) would like to hear about good stuff, but no, even the Today show and daytime tv news reports the violent killings and murdered people. LOL, Moms hate violent video games and yet they watch the news, full of REAL ACTUAL KILLING.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users