» «
Photo

Rambo - First Blood

6 replies to this topic
jazz.
  • jazz.

waffen

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:42 PM Edited by jazz., 25 April 2005 - 05:47 PM.

I just watched this movie...I liked it but it was a bit depressing IMHO...Especially the ending..With that song.

It's a long road...When you're on your own...And it hurts bad...They tear your dreams apart...

Rambo was just minding his own business and he got f*cked over... It was a good movie though.

Your thoughts?

memento27oasis
  • memento27oasis

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

In 8th grade I got Mononucleosus (mono) and was out of school for a month. The first day of my absense from school, I saw Rambo First Blood, I'll remember that day forever. @the film- I thought it was good. It wasn't trying to win Oscars, it just entertains you, good flick.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

Yeah good movie. Too bad they had to go to war movies after the first one. I like the part when Rambo jumps in to the truck, and freaks the driver out. Then he asks, "What's your name?" "What's in the back?" The driver replies, "M60." Then Rambo throws him out of the truck.

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:49 PM

I seen all the Rambo movies. First Blood wasn't bad but it's really old school and you can just tell it's old as hell haha but Rambo rocks.

Super Rockin' Mr. Magic
  • Super Rockin' Mr. Magic

DJ of WildStyle

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:02 PM

It shows in a very extreme way how Vietnam Vets were treated when they returned from the war, many people hated them just because they went to war which made them outcasts just like Rambo is in the film he know nobody because of the amount of time spent in the army all his squad is dead and he has no where to go with people who don't like him becaus eof what he's done. I love that song at the end of the film i think it really sums up the whole feel of the film with its lyrics. First Blood is the best Rambo film by far and is my favourite stallone film after Rocky.

Smashdamit
  • Smashdamit

Village Elder

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:58 PM

By far the best of the Rambo series.

Sly wasn't big star yet so the budget wasn't huge.Good job with what they had.Filmed in and around Hope,BC up here in Canada.

The speech about driving 6 million dollar tanks in Vietnam and not being able to get a job parking cars back home was quite politcal for the time.

Brian Denehy(spelling) was very good in it also.

First Blood and original Rocky are Sly's best movies.I beleive he wrote both them as well.Rocky for sure.

jazz.
  • jazz.

waffen

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Super Rockin' Mr. Magic @ Apr 26 2005, 23:02)
It shows in a very extreme way how Vietnam Vets were treated when they returned from the war, many people hated them just because they went to war which made them outcasts just like Rambo is in the film he know nobody because of the amount of time spent in the army all his squad is dead and he has no where to go with people who don't like him becaus eof what he's done. I love that song at the end of the film i think it really sums up the whole feel of the film with its lyrics. First Blood is the best Rambo film by far and is my favourite stallone film after Rocky.

Yeah..totally agree.
Everybody remembers Rambo as the gun toting superman, not the abused, tired 'nam vet thats tired of being pushed.

And that song really sums it all up.

It's a long road
When you're on your own
And it hurts when
They tear your dreams apart
And every new town
Just seems to bring you down
Trying to find peace of mind
Can break your heart
It's a real war
Right outside your front door I tell ya
Out where they'll kill ya