Photo

Repairing/replacing Headphone Jacks.

7 replies to this topic
Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:13 AM

For a while now, whenever I use my headphone jack I get a gargeled, techno-ie sound. I know what it's from though, I had to glue* a piece of plastic into the area around the jack otherwise the headphone plug would fall out. Now would if I were to replace the jack, would that mean getting a whole new soundcard?

* It was super glue. Really sticky sh*t.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:10 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you did say a "Toshiba Satellite 1400" which from what little I looked at via a Google search that is a notebook computer.
I doubt you'd be able to replace the soundcard. You would have to get a whole new laptop or take to a repair shop and hope that they can even fix it....the super glue won't help them if they can fix it.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:52 PM

Yes, it's a notebook. So essentially, I'm fuct. But one question, why would they make a computer that you cannot replace certain hardware on? I just think it's kind of useless.

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (<-Kajun-> @ Apr 25 2005, 14:52)
Yes, it's a notebook. So essentially, I'm fuct. But one question, why would they make a computer that you cannot replace certain hardware on?

Well, it's hard to make hardware on a laptop that is replacable.
Not much to room to do that.
Plus, it makes the company more $$$.

Pilate
  • Pilate

Big Homie

• The Precinct

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:44 PM

If it was real important to you, you could always buy something like a USB sound card. I mean, it would suck having to use that just to listen to audio but it's better than buying a new laptop. confused.gif

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:39 AM

Yes, taking it to a shop for repairs would definitely be a good idea. Beats the hell out of glueing it back on lols tounge.gif Or if there is still warrenty on it, bring it back to the shops for repairs.

-duder

BobTheHob
  • BobTheHob

Forum FreeBSD Guru

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:46 PM

Solder a new one in, thats the kinda thing an electroinc shop could do if you don't know how to solder. Its easy as hell, and really cheap if you know how to solder. On the other hand, an electronics shop would charge you out the ass. you could use a pcmcia sound card or a usb like someone suggested. But if it was me, I would just solder on a new jack.

Daggdave
  • Daggdave

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (<-Kajun-> @ Apr 25 2005, 14:52)
Yes, it's a notebook. So essentially, I'm fuct. But one question, why would they make a computer that you cannot replace certain hardware on? I just think it's kind of useless.

Cause laptops suck. They are too expensive, and obviously from this discussion here, too hard to fix dontgetit.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users