Shot Online

5 replies to this topic
Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:34 PM

Shot Online

Shot online is a free online golf game, where you golf to make money, build stats, etc. It's in beta mode, hence why it's free. It's pretty solid right now, no major bugs, the only thing they need to work on is the English translations.

Levelling up is pretty easy at the start, and every level you gain you earn 2 points to boost stats in Power, Stamina, Impact, and Skill. Power gives you more power, obviously, Stamina gives you more energy, Impact helps with meter control, distance, and rolling, and Skill also helps with distance, and draw/fades to maximize distance.

It's pretty fun, most of the players are civilized but occasionally you'll run into a sh*t-talker. It's not the easiest game in the world, mostly because of the swing meter. (Click once to start the meter, click once to choose power, click again for accuracy. The physics are good for the most part, some of the greens are like skating rinks though.

Some beginner tips:

Move the red dot (where you hit the ball) down to make backspin, for landing it on the green.
More the red dot to the left or right to increase distance (draw/fade)

Putting yardage ratios are approximately 2 yards every 10% until 50%, then 3 yards for every 10% after. (Will make sense in game)

Golfing in groups will increase the xp you get.

Don't put too many skill points in stamina, as you can buy drinks to make up for it.

If you do sign up, refer knightmare_37 if you want, and if you make it to level 10 both you and I will receive 500,000NG (in-game money). I don't need everyone referring me though, so if you do sign up, post your name here and someone else can refer you.

My name in game is Knightmare, level 22, and will golf with ya and help you learn the basics if needed, although there is a tutorial on your first time.

Shot Online

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:45 PM

Downloading now.

Username is Trows.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:53 PM

Nice, i will have a look at that when i get home

Ping
  • Ping

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:53 PM

This looks pretty damn sweet. Most of that is due to my avid-golf-obsession. blush.gif

Good find, Knightmare.

parry
  • parry

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:56 PM

That looks great, would it be easy to control with my laptop?

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (parry @ Apr 24 2005, 08:56)
That looks great, would it be easy to control with my laptop?

I would think so, it's not that graphical intense and only needs a mouse to be played.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users