T - Teen

Learning Curve
About 2 seconds

General Price
$49.99 (US)
$59.99 (CAN)

The Review

Introduction

Another wrestling game has been realised, but this one wasn't given much publicity, and after about 20 minutes of playing, I can fully understand why. Personally, I would hope that someone could come up with a good wrestling game, but alas they can't. "Xbox wrestling fans haven't had it easy this console generation, but even so, there's no reason they should settle for a sloppy mess like Wrestlemania XXI" - Alex Navarro

Graphics

This game was designed to be first and foremost, eyecandy. The opening isn't anything that couldn't have been done three years ago, and is just a bad way to start a game. The menu is just plain hidious. It's something that PS1 wouldn't even claim, yes that bad. Now, in game, they honestly aren't too bad....until they start fighting one another. The hair graphics alone are enough to make anyone want to kill themselves, and the clothes are much, much worse. I played a Bra and Panties match for the hell of it, and the graphics in that match alone were horrible. The women looked like they were ripping pixilated pieces of crap off each other. The set up for create a wrestler is worse then the set up of all of the PS1 versions of wrestling that I've played. It's just choppy in general, and the problem is that, the graphics are the best part. 6/10

Sound

Has anyone ever heard a soundtrack on a video game skip, and return to the beginning of the song. Well, WrestleMania will do that for ya. It's horrible. The soundtrack sucks in general(has nothing to do with a wrestling game) and then it skips. I felt like I was in a Twlight Zone eposide when I was playing this game. In game, the sound sucks too because the right sounds aren't made certain things are done. I wonder if the makers of this game even watched one SmackDown or Raw. If they did, they should shoot themselves. 2/10

Gameplay

This is usually the fun part, note the use of the word usually. Also, this is going to be short. The Gameplay sucks. That alone should be enough, but it's not, because it's worse then sucks can give off. Tomorrow, I am going to Blockbuster and telling the game doesn't work right, because it's that horrible, and doesn't work like it should. In other words, it doesn't act like an even decent game should. It's choppy, and I've yet, until now of course, played a game that had lag, when I wasn't even online with it. 4/10

Lasting Appeal

If you love WWE, you might play the game for a few hours just to say you've defeated another played out story mode, but beyond that, you'll never play it a second time. There is nothing to bring you to play this game again. It's like Free Willy 4, we know there is nothing new that's going to happen, yet like clockwork we all have to find out, only to be disapointed...again. Like I said, you'll never put this game into the same Xbox more then once. 4/10

Final Comments

Don't waste your time or money on this trash. There is nothing new in this game. It's sad that a Def Jam fighting game is the best wrestling type game that's beem realised on the Xbox. My advise, wait until Xbox 360 before playing another wrestling game.

Overall Rating: 4.5

Mark }{
  • Mark }{

The Original Numba One Trish Fan...

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:53 AM

Honestly, I've heard a lot of bad stuff about this game. But, it won't stop me from renting it, and maybe even buying it. I've liked a lot of games that were considered crappy by other's standards, so maybe this will be the same.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:42 AM

I like the way the blood drips down the wrestlers face and body, but the roster seems very small

iwishihadbroadband
  • iwishihadbroadband

Now I'm a 1.1 mbpser

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:14 AM

Will this come out for PlayStation2? My brother is a big wrestling game fan but he has said that he would buy an XBOX to play this game (and a few others). Also, is it as good as WWE Smackdown vs. RAW on PS2?

Werleman1
  • Werleman1

Werle

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:52 PM

Smackdown vs Raw is way better then this crap , thank god i didnt buy an Xbox for this game

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:59 PM

I knew this would suck, I knew it. The series started out awesome and made it's way to bullsh*t. It is good it sucks because the developers would atleast try to make a good game.

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Mark }{ @ Apr 24 2005, 01:53)
Honestly, I've heard a lot of bad stuff about this game. But, it won't stop me from renting it, and maybe even buying it. I've liked a lot of games that were considered crappy by other's standards, so maybe this will be the same.

Mark, I'm usually like you, but on this one, honestly don't waste your time.

Mark }{
  • Mark }{

The Original Numba One Trish Fan...

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:20 PM

Werleman, you haven't even played Wrestlemania 21, have you? Trust me, don't give out advice if you haven't played it and experienced it...

REC, I might as well rent it. Trust me, if I played True Crime, I'm sure this can't make my head hurt as much.

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:03 PM

@Mark - Well, I guess it's worth a rent if your truly a fan, just let me know what you think, okay?

Werleman1
  • Werleman1

Werle

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Mark }{ @ Apr 24 2005, 19:20)
Werleman, you haven't even played Wrestlemania 21, have you? Trust me, don't give out advice if you haven't played it and experienced it...

REC, I might as well rent it. Trust me, if I played True Crime, I'm sure this can't make my head hurt as much.

i played it ,y neighbour has an Xbox and i went to play it at his house

Spidey.
  • Spidey.

Secret Wars

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:22 PM

Little Secret: THQ f*cked up and released a very glitched copy of the game. The patch for is availible now i think. but most people are still going have a screwed copy of the game for the most part.

Personally. Im waiting until i buy my xbox during the summer, then hopefully i'll purchase a better copy.

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (Spidey. @ Apr 24 2005, 15:22)
Little Secret: THQ f*cked up and released a very glitched copy of the game. The patch for is availible now i think. but most people are still going have a screwed copy of the game for the most part.

I'd believe it. They do make you download something for Xbox live when you try to log on, but all my review was based after I downloaded what they said I had to.

Monoxide
  • Monoxide

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:58 AM

ok so i bouth it hoping to play it online as advertised......connection error (thats odd)......connection error. So I took the piece of crap back considering the rest of the game sucks. The graphics are ok but seriosly how did they relise the game if the online play is non excistant. Maybe they will fix it maybe they will exicute a total recall either way its a crappy game.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (iwishihadbroadband @ Apr 24 2005, 11:14)
Will this come out for PlayStation2? My brother is a big wrestling game fan but he has said that he would buy an XBOX to play this game (and a few others). Also, is it as good as WWE Smackdown vs. RAW on PS2?

No it's only for X-Box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users