Movies That Made You Cry

80 replies to this topic
RiaJay21
  • RiaJay21

Post-Post-Ironic

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

I shed tears of boredom while enduring Twilight. Does that count?

And, hm, I guess I definitely recall shedding a few tears at the end of Titanic. I don't entirely know why, looking back, and I'm not sure why I even admitted to that one, but yeah. Other than that, it's hard to remember, and it's rare I'll actually physically cry at movies, because I just don't really cry all that much, anyway. I'm not saying I'm not affected by films, but that they affect me in a different way than me actually shedding tears. The impact is usually much deeper. Films that did this recently include: BullheadThe Place Beyond The Pines and Filth, to name a few. 

And, although this is a topic about movies, I also shed a tear when (Breaking Bad spoiler ahead - just in case) :

Spoiler

Vanto
  • Vanto

Stupid and sensual Morgan Freeman

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

I've never cried watching a movie, but Pay It Forward made me drop some tears at the end of the movie.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:53 AM

Life as a House

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264796/

When a man is diagnosed with terminal cancer, he takes custody of his misanthropic teenage son, for whom quality time means getting high, engaging in small-time prostitution, and avoiding his father.

This one was the first movie after terminator 2 ending (I was 6) that made me cry....

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

I can remember one time I cried but I just can't remember the movies name...!

It's been 5 years or so since I watched it (in Japan). The movie was Chinese and the title is something like Miracle or Wonder (but I think they changed the title in the japanese version because I just couldn't find anything about it on the internet when I searched for it later...)

It's about a young girl (6-8) living with her older brother (14 I think). The young girl has some illness and will become blind soon. One day she finds a book with a painting of a whale (I think it is a whale) and she wants to see one in real life. So she and her brother travel through China to see one before the girl gets blind.

It was a pretty fun story but the ending was very sad (Won't say anything more. Don't want to spoil it for you guys :p )

If someone remembers such movie, please tell me the real title :)

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

Disney Tarzan (the beginning), The Hunt & Breathless (2008 korean movie, this one made me cry the most). I won't say the specific parts where I cried because it might spoil the movie. 

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Old Yeller when I was a kid.

TheBlackPeterParker.
  • TheBlackPeterParker.

616 Hero.

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

The Lego Movie and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

TPenterprise
  • TPenterprise

***Leader - WMCC *** ***Lieutenant - SURF***

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

Marley and Me. Every time...

gunziness
  • gunziness

Trick

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:50 AM

The big fish is the first movie that made me cry, its a wonderful movie, i really recomend it, it made me feel very good after watching it!

Another one that made me cry, but only after the 2nd time i saw it was "Everything is Illuminated", another wonderful movie, yet not a very known one.

I highly recommend both movies.

• darthYENIK likes this

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

Marley and me ofc, but also the ending of La Bamba.

Christian21J
  • Christian21J

I have small junk

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

The last Samurai when it came out.

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:37 AM

Yeah marley and me, the last samurai, and bridge to terabithia

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

Grave of the Fireflies, My Neighbor Totoro, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo's rape scene, and Spirited Away.

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

I just recently watched "Brian's Song" with the wife and that one was pretty rough.  I had to be the typical man and hold my emotions in but she was a mess after watching it.  I had never seen it and found it in a dollar general store for a buck, good movie but...watch it by yourself or risk sobbing in front of your girl  :sui:

MichaelW
  • MichaelW

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Marley and Me. Every time...

Oh God, please not that. I'm pretty sure that anyone with dogs or has ever owned a dog would probably be a sobbing mess at the end of that movie. I also remember crying to a movie called "Fluke" (which was about a dog) and something else with another dog. You can see where this is going...

I also remember Mum and my brother both crying at the end of Peter Jackson's King Kong remake, although I don't really know why. 

IanE55
  • IanE55

In The Air Tonight

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

Titanic
Oh, and the end of Toy Story 3.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Donnie Darko, that ending. So many mixed emotions.

Revenge of the Donut
  • Revenge of the Donut

Fuel injected suicide machine

• Members

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:45 PM

The ending in 'About Schmidt' made me burst into tears along with Jack Nicholson, it was a pretty unexpected powerful ending.

Lexty.
  • Lexty.

acclimate

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

I can't remember what the documentary was called but it was on 9/11. It was based around the phone calls from loved ones that were stuck above the floors of impact. Some pretty sad stories; mainly because the relatives of the people in the towers had to tell them that it was worse than it looked. There was this one guy who was talking on speaker to his whole family - he was on one of the top floors of the South Tower and they were asking him to pray, and that really got me.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 July 2014 - 11:03 AM

I shed a manly tears because of the brilliant mind of Edgar Wright in Scott Pilgrim vs The World.
Everything in it is awesome, from story, cast, music, visual effect, everything. It was the most beautiful movie i've ever watched, touched my heart, and seriously nothing could ever top that for me. 

Neo_qdon
  • Neo_qdon

Gat Athlete

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:29 PM Edited by Neo_qdon, 06 July 2014 - 01:33 PM.

Lone survivor and titanic, also untouchables when Frank nitti died

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users