Photo

Set your VCR's & TIVO's

15 replies to this topic
Devyl
  • Devyl

Wait; I have a .GIF for that.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:06 AM

That's right.... the VERY FIRST commercial for graphics we'll be seeing from the PS3 & X-BOX 2 will be shown tomorrow, and only once! Set those TIVO's, VCR's, TV TUNER cards, and anything else you might use to record tv, because:

MADDEN NFL NEXT-GEN COMMERCIAL
DEBUTS ON ESPN -- ONE TIME ONLY!

Draft Coverage Begins at 12pm ET / 9am PT

Along with finally providing an answer to the question of which player will be picked first in the 2005 NFL Draft, the first hour of ESPN's Draft coverage on Saturday, April 23, will also give the world its first look at the next generation of videogames -- Madden NFL football will make its next generation debut in a TV ad airing within the first hour of the broadcast, which begins at 12:00pm ET / 9am PT.

The ad, which will run only one time during the broadcast, is a 60-second preview of the photo-realistic graphics and heart-pounding football intensity that is the essence of Madden NFL football -- an experience that will come to life like never before on the next generation of video game consoles. This is the future of Madden NFL football, and if you're a football fan, this is a televised preview that is not to be missed. Set your VCRs or digital video recorders so you can play back the commercial again and again, because you may not believe what you're going to see.

The next generation of Madden NFL football is coming, and you can get your first glimpse on ESPN during the first hour of the 2005 NFL Draft. Don't miss it!

SOURCE

JulioCaesar
  • JulioCaesar

I rock your cock.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:11 AM

I can either sleep-in and see those pics on some random website, or I can get up and watch the draft. Choices...

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:31 AM

No way I'm going to watch the draft, because I'll be at a pb tourney, but I've got my tivo set for it. Have you seen some of the screens from the Madden next-gen? They're f*cking unbelievable.

I love the madden commercials, btw. I PLAYED WITHOUT EYES!

Hobbes27
  • Hobbes27

Jew

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:50 AM

I watch the Nfl Draft every year. For the people who miss it, Ill record it and try to get it onto the comp. Otherwise, im sure IGN and Gamespot will have it somehow.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:26 AM

I don't like seeing younger people then me making more money, so I don't watch drafts, at least not NHL NFL and NBA. I'll see it when the pictures are on the internet.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:31 AM

I'll probably miss it so I'm counting on you hobbes. Hopefully someone will post it later.

Dasutin
  • Dasutin

Forum Teddy Bear

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:37 AM

I'm a huge NFL fan, but the Draft is more boring than Al Gore at a press conference. I'll switch back and forth hoping to catch the commercial, but it's not like they won't show it 35 times a day on ESPN, ABC, NBC, and MTV.

JulioCaesar
  • JulioCaesar

I rock your cock.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:09 AM

Uhhh.......the press statement clearly pointed out that they're only gonna air the 60 sec. clip once.

Hopefully it'll be really worth watching, and also that it'll be shown like a gazillion times on the internet so I won't have to worry about missing it.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:13 AM Edited by Cran., 23 April 2005 - 10:16 AM.

I wonder if this will be on Austrlian ESPN, looks interesting, as i've seen those screenshots. Sounds like it will be first to debut on Xbox 360, since that is going to be released before PS3.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

It just came on ESPN. f*cking good looking sh*t. I can't wait. Unfortunately, like I said in the Madden 06 topic, it wasn't gameplay...

boobtronic
  • boobtronic

Battletoads..a simpler time

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (anuj @ Apr 23 2005, 16:13)
It just came on ESPN. f*cking good looking sh*t. I can't wait. Unfortunately, like I said in the Madden 06 topic, it wasn't gameplay...

Ok, now, does anyone have a capture?

JulioCaesar
  • JulioCaesar

I rock your cock.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:25 PM

Yeah I saw the last 25 seconds of it, and yes it did look damn good I'm thankful I saw it on TV and not in low-res format on my comp. But its pretty disapointing that it all mostly looked like a gameplay movie, however after each play it would go to the menu screen, so at least they tried making it look like an actual product.

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:52 PM

http://www.gametrailers.com/

i think thats the trailers you guys are talking about on the front page aye?

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:49 PM

Ya but I freaking hate that......its still all pre-renders......I wasn't fooled by the fake play selection screen. Nothing will ever look better than PC, and Half-life 2 is the best right now.

I can see all of the idiots sitting at home believing that what was shown is actually what its going to look like...

It's going to look good, but them showing that is ridiculous.

Who cares about next generation graphics? I want next generation gameplay...

dozingoff.gif

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:57 PM

Am i the only one that didn't think that the graphics were that good? To me it looked more on par with cinematics from games like FFX

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (d8cam19 @ Apr 23 2005, 12:49)
Ya but I freaking hate that......its still all pre-renders......I wasn't fooled by the fake play selection screen. Nothing will ever look better than PC, and Half-life 2 is the best right now.

I can see all of the idiots sitting at home believing that what was shown is actually what its going to look like...

It's going to look good, but them showing that is ridiculous.

Who cares about next generation graphics? I want next generation gameplay...

dozingoff.gif

Yeah they did the same thing with PS2.

They showed cinamatic quailty images, but when it came around they were the PS2 graphics we know today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users