Photo

Sig Disabling Fix Needed

15 replies to this topic
RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:49 PM

I've noticed something recentally, that people can break the sig limit laws(the horizontal ones) by not hitting enter between two images, thus making them too long, but when the profile is looked at, the shift under one another. I find this annoying because it's against rules and makes the page super long.

Ex.
user posted image
^On the regular page

user posted image
^In the profile.

See?

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:11 PM

i have to agree thats one thing i've always found annoying. told jonny to fix that when he just had the saber. didn't notice it was happening again, well i'll tell him to fix it. but i agree this should be fixed.

Moto
  • Moto

Frat.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:25 PM

You're lying if you say the page is super long. The way that works is that the images conform to the size (in this case, the size of the table cell), so it will never be longer than the page, if it reaches a point where one pixel would be over the horizontal limit of the table, it will move below.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (Moto @ Apr 22 2005, 19:25)
You're lying if you say the page is super long. The way that works is that the images conform to the size (in this case, the size of the table cell), so it will never be longer than the page, if it reaches a point where one pixel would be over the horizontal limit of the table, it will move below.

Indeed, I've never just seen a signature stretch the whole page, its usually the post content as Moto says which causes the page to stretch and then the sig image moves next to each other. I've never seen it the other way around.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:35 PM

How to solve this?

CODE
<nobr>
{siggie}
</nobr>

There you go. smile.gif

Yuck Fou
  • Yuck Fou

<3 Mar

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

It's not really causing any problems... it's just ugly as f*ck.

People should learn to use the enter key.

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

Guys, it streches the page long enough to make the side scroll bar needed, which should never be needed. And, going against this is like saying that breaking the rules is okay.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (RearEndCollision @ Apr 22 2005, 23:57)
Guys, it streches the page long enough to make the side scroll bar needed, which should never be needed. And, going against this is like saying that breaking the rules is okay.

Like it has been previously stated, it's not the sig that stretches the page, it's the content of the posts in the topic which stretch the sig.

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:16 PM Edited by RearEndCollision, 22 April 2005 - 11:18 PM.

QUOTE (Chunky Lee Chong @ Apr 22 2005, 16:23)
QUOTE (RearEndCollision @ Apr 22 2005, 23:57)

Like it has been previously stated, it's not the sig that stretches the page, it's the content of the posts in the topic which stretch the sig.

No it's not. Take Jonny Tightlips for example, on every page his sig does that, not just ones that are longer then normal.

Case and Point. Link. There is nothing on this page that streches it, aside from Jonny's sig at the bottom.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:35 PM Edited by SWEETSAPRIK, 22 April 2005 - 11:42 PM.

From what I know of RearEndCollision, I don't think he would lie about this.
If he says he sees it, then I believe that he does.
And there is nothing on that page that stretches it for me.
Could he have a problem that you didn't consider?

What browser, and skin do you use RearEndCollision?
I'm using Firefox 1.0.3, and the lite skin and it looks fine to me.
user posted image

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:39 PM Edited by Jonny Tightlips, 22 April 2005 - 11:43 PM.

Teehee. I loved being used as an example. tounge.gif

@Svip, that doesnt work. But thanks for your good intentions. smile.gif

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:09 AM

Thanks Sweet, and I use IE(I know, unfortunate) and afterfuture skin.

@Jonny - Damnit, I can't use you as an example anymore because you fixed it. Oh well.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:34 AM

Just so you guys know, he was telling the truth.
I don't know if it's IE or the skin, but I turned "view sigs" on, switched to the afterfuture skin, and opened IE. Then I put three of this image
user posted image
in my sig without spaces or pressing enter in between.
And this is what I saw.
user posted image

Moto
  • Moto

Frat.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:26 AM

The skin you're using doesn't have tables that are set, meaning they can be stretched by images. Precisely why they are old and apparently obsolete, as the default skin has set tables, which makes my statement stand.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (Moto @ Apr 22 2005, 22:26)
The skin you're using doesn't have tables that are set, meaning they can be stretched by images. Precisely why they are old and apparently obsolete, as the default skin has set tables, which makes my statement stand.

Moto, I had never seen this either, so I'm not suprised that no one believed him.
I can't even figure out how to get images that aren't too wide to show up
next to each other in my sig, they always stack from top to bottom. (I'm a
complete idiot when it comes to bb code, and such.)
But your statement stands?

You're lying if you say the page is super long.

No, he wasn't.
The way that works is that the images conform to the size (in this case, the size of the table cell), so it will never be longer than the page, if it reaches a point where one pixel would be over the horizontal limit of the table, it will move below.

No, it didn't.

It obviously shouldn't work this way, and I have never seen it work this way
before, but that was all he had said from the begining. You could've just said
you were sorry for calling him a liar.

@whoever knows how these things work
Is this something in the skin that's easily fixable, or is this a way for people
to screw the pages?

Moto
  • Moto

Frat.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (SWEETSAPRIK @ Apr 22 2005, 21:37)
The way that works is that the images conform to the size (in this case, the size of the table cell), so it will never be longer than the page, if it reaches a point where one pixel would be over the horizontal limit of the table, it will move below.

No, it didn't.

Yes, it does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users