• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic
DigitalD
  • DigitalD

bvlgari

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:22 PM

News: San Andreas Xbox Article in OXM DE

Information from here and scans here. If someone has time it would be nice if these scans were uploaded to imageshack.us for easier viewing.

Mxyzptlk
  • Mxyzptlk

Misanthropic

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:42 PM Edited by Mxyzptlk, 21 April 2005 - 11:53 PM.

Here you go, PM me if any don't work, since I don't frequent PC/Xbox forum.

s_intro.jpg
s_intro_01.jpg
s_01.jpg
s_02.jpg
s_03.jpg
s_04.jpg
s_05.jpg
s_06.jpg
s_07.jpg
s_08.jpg
s_09.jpg

DigitalD
  • DigitalD

bvlgari

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:49 PM

Thanks a lot Mxy I would give you a karma star for that but you already have quite a few happy.gif

Now look at this.. it seems we will be seeing empty streets again in GTA. Look at the large boulevard in the background of this picture, it is empty! http://img.photobuck...ckilli/s_09.jpg

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:56 PM

I noticed that a few of these scans are showing shots from the PS2 version (or at least I've seen them used previously). Specifically the smaller ones, like the fat CJ image series. Not that the small ones are very interesting anyway tounge.gif

street454
  • street454

S.A. for Xbox: it's here!

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:26 AM Edited by street454, 22 April 2005 - 12:57 AM.

Nice scans Mxyzptlk. I glad you can control the camera because in Grand Theft Auto: III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City the camera, while not a major problem, was still a problem. Rockstar North really did do a good job with the sky (click here to see a good example of it) Credit: Mxyzptlk

2 Things I noticed.
  • All the magizines have Caesar on the front.
  • Why, today? If you look at GTASanAn.com you can see that in the past two days there are 7 news updates compared to 0 from April 15th to the 19th

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (street454 @ Apr 22 2005, 00:26)
Rockstar North really did do a good job with the sky (click here to see a good example of it) Credit: Mxyzptlk

As far as I can tell, there are still no clouds in the sky until you get up there with an aeroplane.

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:13 AM

Thanks Mxyzptlk, good scans. Like the last one!!

[enforcA]
  • [enforcA]

The original one.

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (DigitalD @ Apr 21 2005, 23:49)
Now look at this.. it seems we will be seeing empty streets again in GTA. Look at the large boulevard in the background of this picture, it is empty! http://img.photobuck...ckilli/s_09.jpg

i think they did make a 'special scene' for the screenshots, with this i mean there was nothing moving, the cars and so on were specially placed into the scene and not moving also the camera was fixed, but that's only an idea of me, which would describe why there are no other peds and stuff like this in background

QUOTE (murph_fan51 @ Apr 22 2005, 06:13)
Thanks Mxyzptlk, good scans.  Like the last one!!

lol.gif i first thought they were to dark (i scanned those with 48bit true color) but when you say you like them, it's ok for me, btw if you want the full article scans of this mag i could give it in a smaller size included in a pdf if you guys want it, i also have the original files from where those smaller pictures came, the original page scans are in size 2396x3302 pixels photoshop format, total file size = 189 MB^^ the pdf would have a file size of about 16 MB, but i think it's a bit illegal so i didn't upload them yet (do you think i should upload it?), so the only which i did upload were the pictures you see there, but to the german article there is no special information included only this what is already known:

"- Release: 10. Juni
- 1 bis 2 Spieler (Multiplayer Modus)
- höherer Detailgrad der Texturen, sowie höhere Anzahl an Polygonen bei den Modellen
- Replay Funktion, mit der man kleine Videos aufnehmen kann
- eigener (zwölfter) Radiosender, auf dem die eigenen, auf der Festplatte abgespeicherten Songs, abgespielt werden, Werbeeinblendungen zwischen den Songs inklusive
- konstantere Bildrate, weniger Pop-ups, kürzere Ladezeiten"

that means:

- Release on june, 10th (europe version date)
- 1 to 2 players (multiplayer like in the ps2 version)
- higher details of the textures, and higher poly-objects (models have more polygons so they look better)
- Replay function, which allows you to record it / make small videos
- a 12th radiostation which plays your own songs that you placed on your xbox harddrive, and between the songs there are comercials (like the pc version has it too)
- more constant screen/picture refresh rate (i didn't know the exact english word for this, can someone tell me what it is in english?), less pop-ups (because of the improved draw distance), shorter loading times

greetings from germany

DigitalD
  • DigitalD

bvlgari

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:55 PM

enforca yes we would love to see the full scans. if you resize the pages to about width 1000 and change type to jpg you should be fine. if you are not comfortable posting them here just send me a private message.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users