Photo

Gang Rankings

54 replies to this topic
Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

Pumping Propaganda since 04

• The Connection

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:39 PM

As many have said in various threads, it seems as if Unofficial gangs lack motivation. What if there was some sort of "Power Rankings" done, voted by members of official gangs, and the rankings released every few weeks? If being ranked the top unofficial gang by the members of the official gangs isn't enough motivation, I'm not sure what could motivate them other than a race. Being a member of a highly acclaimed gang would force leaders/ members to stride for better things. Comments?

Yuck Fou
  • Yuck Fou

<3 Mar

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Over The Wall @ Apr 21 2005, 16:39)
As many have said in various threads, it seems as if Unofficial gangs lack motivation. What if there was some sort of "Power Rankings" done, voted by members of official gangs, and the rankings released every few weeks? If being ranked the top unofficial gang by the members of the official gangs isn't enough motivation, I'm not sure what could motivate them other than a race. Being a member of a highly acclaimed gang would force leaders/ members to stride for better things. Comments?

I don't think this is such a bad idea, really. If it was a once a month type thing so that it didn't get too tiresome for the ol' official members then it could work...

BigGamer
  • BigGamer

Godful killing machine

• The Connection

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:14 PM

If you can get an official gang member to click three times, it'll work. I like it.

In fact, it'd be even better if the rankings were published in the Gang Weekly or something the first week of each new month. Voting would probably have to be held the last week of the preceding month.

Chalkstar
  • Chalkstar

QvsQ lab monkey

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:50 AM

I'm actually for this idea. I think it might help motivate the less "quality" gangs to do something major to help them look better. The only downside I can see, if any official gangs are either friendly or fighting with an unofficial, they might not give their REAL opinion of the quality of that gang, rather they would give the opinion of their personal level, with maybe 1-2 members of that gang.

Good idea nonetheless.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:56 AM

This is a good idea. I've always wanted to know which gangs are leading the way in the unofficial scene, as perceived by the members that count.

Publishing them in the Gang Weekly is a good idea too. smile.gif

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:16 AM

I'd be interested to see how the officials think that the unofficials are doing.

As for the honesty in voting thing, every member (that's allowed to vote) should only get two votes, one for what they think is the best unofficial, and one for what they think is the worst. That would at least make some people a bit less likely to waste their vote.

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

• The Connection

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for the comments, fellas. I like the 2 vote deal Sweet suggested as well.

Why is it that the terrible suggestions draw all the attention of the people visiting this forum, while the decent ones are overlooked?

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:33 AM

< I like the idea, meself. smile.gif />

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:42 AM

It's a good idea .. I like it. Maybe it can be brought up in the OGA.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:01 PM

I really like the idea, it's one of the suggestions for the Gang Scene that's actually within reach. As for the other topics suggesting a race, well, not quite there yet. But this is a good idea, and I hope this one works.

BigGamer
  • BigGamer

Godful killing machine

• The Connection

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzy Juzzy @ Apr 22 2005, 03:56)
This is a good idea. I've always wanted to know which gangs are leading the way in the unofficial scene, as perceived by the members that count.

Publishing them in the Gang Weekly is a good idea too. smile.gif

Considering that I'm on the paper, I'd be willing to take some of the responsibility for publishing the results should this go through.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:41 PM

Yea, every week this is done in the OGA; then the outcome is PM'ed to BigGamer on let's say Friday who pm's howardsternisgod with the results to be published on sunday smile.gif

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

• The Connection

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:22 PM

I don't think we forsee a problem with it, so what would be the next step from here?

BigGamer
  • BigGamer

Godful killing machine

• The Connection

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (vALKYR™ @ Apr 24 2005, 14:41)
Yea, every week this is done in the OGA; then the outcome is PM'ed to BigGamer on let's say Friday who pm's howardsternisgod with the results to be published on sunday smile.gif

Every week is too often, considering that the time it takes a gang to really take off can range between a few days and a few months. Once a month would probably work better, and attract more attention. smile.gif

TheUtero
  • TheUtero

Andolini Badfella

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 06:01 AM

It could be a good idea somewhat, but in the end it would turn out to be a cock-sucking fest where all the brown nosers would get the best votes. It would also promote more cock-sucking and no one wants that do we?

Sauron
  • Sauron

chillin' like a mega villain

• The Precinct

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (TheUtero @ Apr 25 2005, 06:01)
It could be a good idea somewhat, but in the end it would turn out to be a cock-sucking fest where all the brown nosers would get the best votes. It would also promote more cock-sucking and no one wants that do we?

You think the OGA votes for cocksuckers?

I think not.

TheUtero
  • TheUtero

Andolini Badfella

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Sauron. @ Apr 25 2005, 07:05)

I think not.

comon, you're telling me you would refuse a blowjob in exchange for your vote? tounge.gif

BigGamer
  • BigGamer

Godful killing machine

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (TheUtero @ Apr 25 2005, 17:21)
QUOTE (Sauron. @ Apr 25 2005, 07:05)

I think not.

comon, you're telling me you would refuse a blowjob in exchange for your vote? tounge.gif

Ute, there's a difference between a real blowjob and an e-blowjob.

E-blowjobs won't bag you a vote. tounge.gif

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2005 - 11:01 PM

Please. People see right through that kind of stuff. Even if you could sway the vote of 3-4 official members, it won't make a difference. For as many people you sway towards you, you will have just as many (if not more) people disliking you and seeing the fakeness.

--CellTech--
  • --CellTech--

As Real As It Gets

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 03:11 PM

I agree with it that it would be a good idea.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:49 PM

This surely sounds like something that could work,
You got my vote..... well not all of you..... just one...... but who....
Any brown-nosers volunteering ? tounge.gif ...

BigGamer
  • BigGamer

Godful killing machine

• The Connection

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (PatrickW @ May 2 2005, 15:49)
This surely sounds like something that could work,
You got my vote..... well not all of you..... just one...... but who....
Any brown-nosers volunteering ? tounge.gif ...

Actually, what we need is for somebody to post this idea in the OGA forums...

You up for it Patrick?

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Inactive Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Best Script 2013 [DYOM]
    Best Script 2012 [DYOM]

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (BigGamer @ May 2 2005, 21:52)
Actually, what we need is for somebody to post this idea in the OGA forums...

You up for it Patrick?

I'll have my lawyers draw up a proposal.... cool.gif

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

• The Connection

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:26 AM

Fantastic. Keep me posted, fellas smile.gif

Rotten
  • Rotten

Average Mug™

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:25 AM

If any of you were burning in the street, I wouldn't even piss on you.

So my vote doesn't count cause I'm not in an official gang?

POS's

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

• The Connection

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:17 PM

I couldn't care less, Rotten. By calling "any of [us]" pieces of sh*t for absolutely no reason, you have proven yourself to be at no higher of a level. I appreciate your ridiculously useful reply to this suggestion. It accomplished a lot. sarcasm.gif

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Rotten @ May 3 2005, 01:25)
If any of you were burning in the street, I wouldn't even piss on you.

So my vote doesn't count cause I'm not in an official gang?

POS's

You're in the Scorps now Rotten. That post was pretty worthless, btw.

It would be dumb to let those who aren't in official gangs votes for the obvious bias risk. I think this is a great idea and it could help give the unofficials something tangible to aim for. I think a monthly vote in the OGA in the last full week of the month, with a 7 day open period, would be ample time to let all official's vote. Then the proceeding Gang Weekly could contain the information and everyone could begin competing. It would boost the quality of the unofficial gangs. I don't think there's much worry about official's being swayed either way. There are a lot of OGA members, and I'd venture that a small handful of them would vote for friends even though their gang was complete sh*t. I probably wouldn't but maybe once just for support. I wouldn't continue to promote an unofficial gang that was weak.

Anyways, good idea OtW. By the way you're mine and Idiot's join date brother.

red_porshe
  • red_porshe

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:10 PM

I hn its a really good idea.There should also be a place where offical gang members can post what they like and dislke about gangs.But you should have weekly votes so it makes it more exiting than monthly. It would keep gangs on their toes and show what the bad points are and what aren so good. And this could also be used to choose a gang to become offical. Like have sort of seedings in a tournament. So its fairer.

Over The Wall
  • Over The Wall

• The Connection

Posted 13 May 2005 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (40ozFreak @ May 13 2005, 07:55)
You're in the Scorps now Rotten. That post was pretty worthless, btw.

It would be dumb to let those who aren't in official gangs votes for the obvious bias risk. I think this is a great idea and it could help give the unofficials something tangible to aim for. I think a monthly vote in the OGA in the last full week of the month, with a 7 day open period, would be ample time to let all official's vote. Then the proceeding Gang Weekly could contain the information and everyone could begin competing. It would boost the quality of the unofficial gangs. I don't think there's much worry about official's being swayed either way. There are a lot of OGA members, and I'd venture that a small handful of them would vote for friends even though their gang was complete sh*t. I probably wouldn't but maybe once just for support. I wouldn't continue to promote an unofficial gang that was weak.

Anyways, good idea OtW. By the way you're mine and Idiot's join date brother.

Doing it monthly seems about right. I'm wondering what would be the right way to set up the poll, though. If each voter only had to chose the best gang, only two or three gangs would actually get votes. Maybe if each voter did a top three type of thing, where a first place vote would be weighed triple of that of a third place vote, and a second place vote worth double a 3rd place vote. I'm not sure how this could be installed without needing to go through the manual labor of counting every vote, but I'm sure there's a way. Maybe something where you set up three polls for Best, 2nd Best, and 3rd Best individually, and somehow prevented a member from voting for the same gang in more than one poll.

I guess Sept. 1 was a good day that year smile.gif

BigGamer
  • BigGamer

Godful killing machine

• The Connection

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:33 PM Edited by BigGamer, 13 May 2005 - 07:49 PM.

QUOTE (red_porshe @ May 13 2005, 11:10)
I hn its a really good idea.There should also be a place where offical gang members can post what they like and dislke about gangs.But you should have weekly votes so it makes it more exiting than monthly. It would keep gangs on their toes and show what the bad points are and what aren so good. And this could also be used to choose a gang to become offical. Like have sort of seedings in a tournament. So its fairer.

A weekly vote isn't practical, if you think about it. A gang's quality isn't going to change much, if at all, in a week, and even a month will go by quickly. In terms of having first, second, and third best, I'm not so sure it's a good idea. As the voting goes along, not one gang is going to get every single post, and considering that we could very easily post the tally for each gang at the same time, it'd be pretty clear who was behind the leader anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users