Photo

Laptop Help

4 replies to this topic
JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

Hey hey, not venturned into this forums before, but what the hey, I need a laptop...

Basically, I want to be able to Photoshop on the move, play SanAn (of course) and be able to use music production software on it...

I don't need to be able to record directly into it, but I need to able to mix my tracks on it, basically, I'm getting a home studio set up and I need to be able to take the track I make with me to peoples houses, or mix them whilst I'm on the train...

I've never had a laptop before, so I really don't know where to start, can you help me?

Ramirez
  • Ramirez

The Bulls

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:59 PM

If you want to do all that, you are going to need a very good spec laptop, which of course will cost a fair bit of money. I'm no laptop expert myself but you're going to need a decent CPU, perhaps a Pentium 4 3.0GHz+, some kind of Athlon 64 again 3.0GHz+ or even a Pentium-M which I hear are quite good in this thread. RAM almost definitely 512MB or higher no question. Graphics not sure on laptops, you'll have to get someone with experience in that field to assure you on that. The Geforce 6600GT are the most popular at the moment so far. Get Cran to fill you in - he has a brilliant laptop.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:23 PM

Well since you said you want to be able to play GTA:SA on it when it comes to the PC, then you need to look for a gaming laptop, which aren't cheap the battery life sucks while gaming.

If you want to save a good deal of money and still dot he Photoshop and audio stuff, then you can get by with a standard laptop and save your desktop PC for the gaming.

AlienWare has so good gaming laptops.

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci

Posted 21 April 2005 - 10:40 PM

I don't tihnk I'll NEED a gaming laptop, I saw a crappy work laptop the other day that had a Radeon 9600 in it, that'd do SA...

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:46 PM

ABS Computers has some good ones. cheep and good stuff in 'em too. thats what i have.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users