» «
Photo

Frames Help

3 replies to this topic
-beeblebrox-
  • -beeblebrox-

Why aye, man!

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:01 PM Edited by beeblebrox5000, 21 April 2005 - 07:09 PM.

Right, here's the deal:

My website is laid out as shown (well, it WILL be), and I have a problem. At the moment the website does not use frames, an identical menu bar is simply coded onto each page. So, I thought it would be easier to split it into frames so I'd only have to code the menu once, and so any changes to it would only have to be made once.

The problem is, at the moment the 'title' image changes for each page, e.g. 'Home' or 'Links'. Now it is in its own frame, the image remains constant on 'Home' no matter what page you're on.

So, the question is, is there any way to get the image in that frame to change when the user navigates to a different page using the menu bar?

I'm coding in good ol' HTML by the way, and Freewebs doesn't support PHP or anything else fancy.

segosa
  • segosa

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:47 PM Edited by Segosa, 21 April 2005 - 07:47 PM.

Sorry this doesn't answer your question about frames, but just an idea: If you use PHP you can include() or readfile() a page allowing you to have the same effect of only having to edit one page, just without using frames.

EDIT: Crap, you edited your post as I posted mine saying you can't do PHP tounge.gif

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

There are three general OS systems, Windows, MacOS and Linux.

One thing they all have in common is a clipboard, a clipboard allows you to copy text/pictures/any sort of data over another place.

The great thing about clipboards is that you can write a lot of HTML pages just by copying the HTML from the first document into the new comment.

It'll be a hard job, but frames sucks.

As a matter of fact, don't ever go over to frames, I did, and I still suffer from it, I am healing though. But still the suffering is too hard to stand at some time.

Don't let this happen to you, don't use frames!

Johnno
  • Johnno

WD&P Ogre

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:40 PM

I'm not exactly an expert with frames, simply becuase i've never used them, and have no intentions of ever using them.
(I have used iFrames on occasions though)

I'm coding in good ol' HTML by the way, and Freewebs doesn't support PHP or anything else fancy.

If I were you, i'd find a new free host that supports PHP, and just get I or one of the other friendly WD&P Crew members to help you with simple PHP.

Good Luck smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users