Photo

Preview Sig Button?

3 replies to this topic
dr zoidberg
  • dr zoidberg

Drain on society

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:53 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, i'm not too familiar with this area.
Anyway, my idea is that there should be a "Preview Signature" button beside the "Edit My Signature" button, when you edit your signature. This would allow you to check the size of all of the sig and that it is within the limit before it is used. This preview would look the exact same as the current view with the green box around it to confirm it's the right size.

There is a "Check Length" button but this only measures the number of characters used and does not deal with images. A "Preview" button would be especially useful for sigs that contain both text and images. It would make it much easier to stay within the size limits.

Alternatively rather than creating a preview button the "Check Length" could be adapted so that it shows a preview of your new sig.

Just a suggestion.

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

I see your point, though you have to be pretty unlucky for a mod to come along and disable your sig based on 20 seconds worth of your sig being oversized, though I wont say it's not happened before.

Just not sure it's worth the effort.

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:38 PM

Even if your sig were to be disabled, you can make one post in the dedicated topic to have it enabled, again. No big deal.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Smithers @ Apr 21 2005, 17:15)
I see your point, though you have to be pretty unlucky for a mod to come along and disable your sig based on 20 seconds worth of your sig being oversized, though I wont say it's not happened before.

Just not sure it's worth the effort.

Oh, it's happened countless times, Smithers.

Most cases are untouched, and mods soon realize it after they did it in most cases.

Plus some signatures with incorrect table tags does ruin the board's looks, and if people were able to look at it first and could say to themselves; "Man, that sh*t is f*cked!" then they could change before other said the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users