Photo

Internet explorer problem

11 replies to this topic
TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:48 AM

alright. I havent used my internet explorer in AGES. Because I had gotton a ton of ad-ware and sh*t and after i deleted it all, I started using Mozilla. Well, I need my IE back. mozilla won't give me credit for this website things I do, and only IE works with it. BUT all my shortcuts to IE are gone. And when I go into the main folder and open it. I always get this.
user posted image

and when i click into the error for more info i get;

user posted image

I have no idea what that means. I have run sfc /scannow, but it scans then doesnt do anything else. When I read it is suppose to bring something else up to fix it. AND I have gone int othe registry and tried changing the internet explorer stuff according to a website tutorial. It worked to let me install it over it. but IE still wont work! I installed a newer version over it and everything. I need to get this fixed!

heres the weird thing! I recently got a pop up or two from this website i think, AND IT WAS IN INTERNET EXPLORER! WTF?! but those got closed, and now it wont open. it only seems to work when it wants to. Otherwise it won't ever work. I need ot fixed ASAP. Someone please help! cryani.gif

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:01 AM

Tried Wolf's Scans™ in safe mode?

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:51 AM

sorry no idea what that is. confused.gif

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:59 AM

Virus scan and spyware/adware scan.

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Waste @ Apr 21 2005, 00:59)
Virus scan and spyware/adware scan.

sorry done that stuff a billion times before. It seems my problem is like a missing file maybe or something. Hint the "so and so file being included in the error report" but yet it works at times without it. confused.gif I just can't figure out a way to fix it.

or if anyone knew a way to uninstall IE and reinstall it COMPLETELY since it obviously isn't doing all of it since it keeps happening again.

ilikensrs
  • ilikensrs

For I am the Mayor of Albuquerque

• The Precinct

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:36 AM

Try downloading a new copy of IE from here. This page is for XP, which I assume you're using.

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (ilikensrs @ Apr 21 2005, 02:36)
Try downloading a new copy of IE from here. This page is for XP, which I assume you're using.

already been done. I tried uninstalling it first, but it wouldn't let me. So I had to go into the registry and make it seem like an older version to try and install over it. So I installed it over the last one, and it still won't work. confused.gif

anyway to totally delete IE? theres NOTHING in the add or remove area, expect for the add or remove like key things section and it never lets me uninstall it. And deleting the folder won't work because it always comes up with "can not delete because another program is using this program. close all programs using it and try again" Thing is I can't find any programs using it, or I can't tell which ones ARE using it. suicidal.gif

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (TOGA62 @ Apr 21 2005, 14:47)
already been done. I tried uninstalling it first, but it wouldn't let me. So I had to go into the registry and make it seem like an older version to try and install over it. So I installed it over the last one, and it still won't work. confused.gif

anyway to totally delete IE? theres NOTHING in the add or remove area, expect for the add or remove like key things section and it never lets me uninstall it. And deleting the folder won't work because it always comes up with "can not delete because another program is using this program. close all programs using it and try again" Thing is I can't find any programs using it, or I can't tell which ones ARE using it. suicidal.gif

Try going into Add/Remove Windows Components instead of notmal Add/Remove Programs.

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Apr 21 2005, 08:22)
QUOTE (TOGA62 @ Apr 21 2005, 14:47)
already been done. I tried uninstalling it first, but it wouldn't let me. So I had to go into the registry and make it seem like an older version to try and install over it. So I installed it over the last one, and it still won't work.  confused.gif

anyway to totally delete IE? theres NOTHING in the add or remove area, expect for the add or remove like key things section and it never lets me uninstall it. And deleting the folder won't work because it always comes up with "can not delete because another program is using this program. close all programs using it and try again" Thing is I can't find any programs using it, or I can't tell which ones ARE using it.  suicidal.gif

Try going into Add/Remove Windows Components instead of notmal Add/Remove Programs.

i have, and all it does is get rid of the shortcuts for it through the start menu and stuff. It wont let me uninstall or delete the whole thing.

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:16 PM

Toga, can you view the files in "My Computer" and "My Documents"?

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (Waste @ Apr 21 2005, 16:16)
Toga, can you view the files in "My Computer" and "My Documents"?

yes. Why were you wondering? dontgetit.gif

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 08:09 AM

You cannot remove IE from Windows normaly.

But here is a guide on how to remove IE completely from your system:

StopIE.com

Removing Internet Explorer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users