-Bad text (AA?)

Just looks sloppy to me.

Evil Gnomes
  • Evil Gnomes

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:13 PM

Not Good, no offense.

A good idea is to make a 1-3 pix border.
As for blending, try this (assuming your in Adobe PS):

-Duplicate the bottom background layer, so it's at the top, and change the blend mode to overlay
-Use an eraser on the new top layer (around 50-100 px, pick the one which is fuzzy on the out side, set the opacity to 50 or less) and brush around where the picture is (while still on the pic). Don't anywhere outside the picture (of the person), stay on the edges, and on the inside.

The text layer could use some good text effects (in blending options). Pixel2life has some good tutorials on these types of options.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:15 PM

Text and the background are awful. Needs work.

Alternative Child
  • Alternative Child

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

How about this one?
Its my screename for another forum.
user posted image

Hexhamlad
  • Hexhamlad

~Owner of Gta-trivia~

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:19 AM

better but still need alot of work, no good just having text you need something to go with it a nice blend.

go to a decent tutorial site and swat up i have been for about 4 weeks now and ive improved a hell of alot i will post my sig and ava from another forum this should inspire you to see what can be achieved in 28days. The internet has soo much graphics stuff it is unreal. Just google it :- graphics tutorials, photoshop tutorials etc and theres millions of them.

The pictures below are nowhere near perfect just trying to show what can be achieved by swatting up on photshop techniques with a month you dont feel like a newbie and really enjoy using the programs. I'm prosuming you use photoshop if not a suggest buying it, best graphics program money can buy imo.

ps- not trying to show off as i said above just proving the tutorial point, ill post some of my earlier work if i get a chance so you can gauge the improvent.

user posted image

user posted image

Hex

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Damn, I hate disco.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Unknown

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:32 AM

You're getting there, AC. Go to Good Tutorials, they have many good tutorials that should help you.

Evil Gnomes
  • Evil Gnomes

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:39 AM

@ Alternative child: The second is ok, but I can see some reddish lines that don't fit into the picture. Try using a black 1px pencil to go over them

@Hexhamland: WTF? you can't compare a bunch of images copied and pasted to a grunge style piece of worl, even the grunge doesn't look good. Those are to simple. Anyone can copy and paste pictures and lower the opacity. Even though it's tastefully done, it's till to simple. Try using some abstract brushing around the edges, colour transition, etc.

Alternative Child
  • Alternative Child

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Hexhamlad @ Apr 21 2005, 16:19)
user posted image

How did u get his face to be all white?

Evil Gnomes
  • Evil Gnomes

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:55 AM

Eraser, Smudge tool, Extremely low opacity brush, brightness, contrast, any one of these things, and possibly more. Or it was just like that.

Hexhamlad
  • Hexhamlad

~Owner of Gta-trivia~

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:27 AM

Eraser, Smudge tool, Extremely low opacity brush, brightness, contrast, any one of these things, and possibly more. Or it was just like that.

nah simpler than that is put a tranparency level of 85% and then fiddled with the hue sat stats till it looked good on the bg.

Hex

ps - i was gonna put the good tutorials link but wasnt sure how they stand on links to other sites.

Hex

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users