Photo

The hosting/web design solution you should NOT buy

15 replies to this topic
Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:45 PM Edited by Svip, 22 April 2005 - 11:21 AM.

http://www.redfutura.../soluciones.php

Have a look at their prices, hmm... great? No.

Look at the freaking last one!!!

You pay $2000 for a year, in which case you would have web designers swarming you like flies, but nooo, you only get 100 lines of PHP!!!

The reason I posted it is because it's so freaking funny. lol

Would seem like a joke, however, I guess it's not... sadly.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:15 PM

WTF. Thats f*cking insane, for a hell of a lot cheaper, I'll design and host my own.. Jesus.. who would pay $2000 for a years hosting. And only 100 line of javascript or php code!?

Edit: $2000 for per year for this!?

300 MB Hard Disk Space
6 GB monthly transfer

that is crap.

SupremeBeing
  • SupremeBeing

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

lol i wonder if anyone has actually brought that, poor guy. Probably a new webmaster who thoguht he was getting a good deal. Also if i was going to spend that much money - a year on a internet host id rather rent a server rather than buy a hosting plan. What a stupid price.

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:36 PM

Thankfully, I don't think they have any customers.
It appears the only sites they host are their own.

Still, what a bunch of dickfiddlers.

Johnno
  • Johnno

WD&P Ogre

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:48 PM

Just for sh*ts 'n giggles, I think i'll ask a few questions, and have a good poke around.

wink.gif

@andy, interesting site (webhostinginfo).

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:34 AM

Those "sky-rocketing" prices are common in Mexico too... even a .MX domain costs a lot... ($35 per year)... confused.gif

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:24 AM

100 lines of php code doesn't mean anything, you could write your whole code on 1 line, would look a bit messy, but it does work. They can't limit it by number of lines, everyone has his own style of scripting and one uses more lines then another to do the same.
But this is probably fake anyway..

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (TwoZero @ Apr 22 2005, 08:24)
100 lines of php code doesn't mean anything, you could write your whole code on 1 line, would look a bit messy, but it does work. They can't limit it by number of lines, everyone has his own style of scripting and one uses more lines then another to do the same.
But this is probably fake anyway..

For your information:
A. No, you cannot write PHP in one line, your PHP application would probably complain because it is too ununderstandable.

B. No, the site is real, they do host some sites. Try looking at their front page, they have another ( insane ) offer, but powered by RedHat and AMD, I would be very suspective if they were using those names for fake sites.

Johnno
  • Johnno

WD&P Ogre

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:52 AM Edited by Johnno, 22 April 2005 - 10:55 AM.

A. No, you cannot write PHP in one line, your PHP application would probably complain because it is too ununderstandable.

I'm sure that there would be an application that could have thousands of characters on one line.

And PHP isn't human, so it wouldn't really care if it were all on one line. Would it?

B. No, the site is real, they do host some sites. Try looking at their front page, they have another ( insane ) offer, but powered by RedHat and AMD, I would be very suspective if they were using those names for fake sites.

I agree they are real, but sorry... two logos doesn't determine their status.

confused.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:28 PM

I guess the scam here is to have an uncompetitively large profit margin in a market where the customer is often unininformed so that the customer can be conned into buying it. By having the profit margin so ridiculously high they won't need to con many people in order to make their business viable. The other aspect is by having one package which is extortionatly expensive, the lesser expensive packages look like better deals relative to the expensive one. Evil stuff. I can't stand it.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 April 2005 - 02:59 PM

I've been reading a bit through their site, and it seems that they make their websites in Microsoft Frontpage.

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:00 PM

All they need is for one complete loser to pay them, and they can give up their real jobs and live a life of coding 100 lines of PHP every month or so.

If they do get some customers, they're bloody lucky.

Writing massive amounts of PHP code on one line wouldn't make any difference what so-ever to a language that doesn't give a toss about whitespace would it, I would presume new lines in PHP aren't even checked for...

G twenty-nine
  • G twenty-nine

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE (Smithers @ Apr 22 2005, 15:00)
All they need is for one complete loser to pay them, and they can give up their real jobs and live a life of coding 100 lines of PHP every month or so.

Writing massive amounts of PHP code on one line wouldn't make any difference what so-ever to a language that doesn't give a toss about whitespace would it, I would presume new lines in PHP aren't even checked for...

I hate you... Who would be that damn stupid? Sure, someone buys a piece of sh*t on ebay for $20, but come on, this is just horrible. No one would spend that much money for something so bad...IN THE PANTS!

MiNdLeSs
  • MiNdLeSs

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:01 PM

hey, iw as gonna post a topic about webhosting, but i guess it kinda fits here. Im thinking of getting the godaddy hosting plan, the one with 500mb of space and 25gig of transfer for around 3 dollars a month. is there a catch to godaddy? it seems a little too good to be true

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Gone Fishin'

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 27 April 2005 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Apr 22 2005, 09:28)
I guess the scam here is to have an uncompetitively large profit margin in a market where the customer is often unininformed so that the customer can be conned into buying it. By having the profit margin so ridiculously high they won't need to con many people in order to make their business viable. The other aspect is by having one package which is extortionatly expensive, the lesser expensive packages look like better deals relative to the expensive one. Evil stuff. I can't stand it.

< Prestige pricing to the MAXX! tounge.gif />

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Smithers @ Apr 22 2005, 15:00)

AFAIK, whitespace and newlines are only read in text outputs, and then you can just use \n anyway.

For $2000 a year I'd design, build and maintain a site as big as they wanted (obviosly not just doing that though $2000/year int alot to live on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users