» «
Photo

The Sims 2

28 replies to this topic
Imperium
  • Imperium

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:17 PM Edited by Imperium, 20 April 2005 - 07:45 PM.

user posted image

The Sims 2 was recently announced by EA for the consoles. The Sims 2 will introduce many new gameplay features and 60 characters. The Sims 2 for the consoles will be released this fall.

Features: As of this point, we only have a couple of new features to talk about. One of these features is the direct control. Which is going into third person view and controling your sim yourself. Another feature is you cook yourself, you get ingrediants and make food, these also may affect your sim in many ways, like he/she may get sick or may fill you hungar motive faster.

Since not all of the games features are listed, you may also share your wishlists, hopes and worries, and other things concerning The Sims 2 in this thread.

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image

More info coming as it becomes available.

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:39 PM

Oh f*ck, im getting a Xbox 2, just for this. I love the Sims series more than anything, and i dont care if its pc or console, tho i prefer a (NON f*ckING LAGGY) pc version.
Aye

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:49 PM

My PC version runs smooth as a baby's ass.

Sounds good. I am liking that picture with the sims and the MP3 players. But I don't know about that whole control the sim thing. I guess they wanted it to appeal to the console players more.

Imperium
  • Imperium

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:59 PM

Direct control is a great thing that comes exclusive to the consoles. This allows you to control your sim if someone is blocking a doorway or something like that, but once you are done with the direct control, you may switch back to what they call "classic control"

{Matty}{Vice}
  • {Matty}{Vice}

Z...at heart.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:17 PM

To me the Sims loses its appeal once on console...i don't really know why but still.

Imperium
  • Imperium

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:23 PM

After Bustin' Out and The Urbz, I can see why. Those two sim ganes where the worst ive ever seen. and if this one is anything like them then Im going to go crazy suicidal.gif

CJ's other brother
  • CJ's other brother

^^Jaguar Select Super V8

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:30 PM

yea, the sims loses its touch after it hits the consoles. I wont get it unless it gets a good rating, but not likely.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:57 PM

Here's a wish/hope, that it is under $50 when it first comes out. bored.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Harlem @ Apr 20 2005, 14:57)
Here's a wish/hope, that it is under $50 when it first comes out. bored.gif

Doubtful.

A. It's a EA game.

and B. it's a spinoff of the highest selling PC game of all time.

GTA's Rocky
  • GTA's Rocky

Asian dude...

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:04 AM

I don't know....cuz The Urbz is...bad...pretty bad, maybe that's because I want to play some family thing...

I'm getting this.

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:26 AM

The 3rd person controls will be interesting, I'm curious to see how it works, they'd have to make a city, I reckon, where you have to drive to work.
Where does it say it is going to be released for X-Box 2, ImHereToStay, though it's probably just common knowledge, that it will be released on it.

chris_sk8er4life
  • chris_sk8er4life

,.|.. >_< ..|.,

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:39 AM

Where does it say it is going to be released for X-Box 2, ImHereToStay, though it's probably just common knowledge, that it will be released on it.
]
Since X-Box 2 is going to be a console, then it fits in to what the game is being made for...

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:39 AM

Looks like a touched up version of the PC one. Lets hope it's not like the other Sims console titles, we know how crap they were confused.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:43 AM

I still prefer the PC one, for the customization, and the expansions. I don't mind paying $30 for more gameplay.

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE (simoncampbell @ Apr 21 2005, 04:26)
The 3rd person controls will be interesting, I'm curious to see how it works, they'd have to make a city, I reckon, where you have to drive to work.

It's most likely gonna be released for that or Xbox, either one im getting a 2.
Aye

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:58 AM

Nope not interested, EA just want more cash and sadly Will Wright's creation will be warped and changed to fit a console resulting in a average game. This is going by previous Sims outings on consoles so if they do pull a rabbit out of hat and surpise us with a good game I'll be surprised!

PC version all the way!

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Apr 21 2005, 01:58)
Nope not interested, EA just want more cash and sadly Will Wright's creation will be warped and changed to fit a console resulting in a average game. This is going by previous Sims outings on consoles so if they do pull a rabbit out of hat and surpise us with a good game I'll be surprised!

PC version all the way!

What did you expect from EA? That's why I'm worried about the upcoming "Godfather" game, I hope they don't blow it... confused.gif

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:43 AM

NEW INFO

GamePro staff, GamePro Australia

20/04/2005 11:58:26

Electronic Arts has announced that The Sims 2 is in development for the PlayStation2, Xbox, GameCube and for all handhelds including PSP, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance and mobile phones. The Sims 2 was the No. 1 PC game of 2004 with sales already over 4.5 Million copies worldwide.

Maxis-EA is redefining this highly-acclaimed franchise and will deliver classic open-ended gameplay along with exclusive new features. Aspirational gameplay and fully customisable content will give players the most authentic Sims experience to date on console. This innovative gameplay will allow players to make their dreams come true while avoiding their innermost fears. And, for the first time, players will be able to take direct control of their Sim without having to use their cursor. All handheld versions will feature unique storylines and will ship simultaneously with the console games.

"Fans have been asking for The Sims 2 on console since it launched on the PC in September last year. We are thrilled to finally be able to bring it to them," said Sinjin Bain, Executive Producer EA/Maxis. "The Sims 2 will be everywhere this spring, giving players on consoles and handhelds all new ways to take control of their Sims and tell all new stories."

The Sims 2 console and handheld versions are scheduled to ship in the Spring of 2005.

Australian Gamepro-Original Link

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:02 AM

I don't know why some of you thought it was going to be on Next Gen Consoles, it would be silly for EA to wait since Sims 2 is still freash somewhat as it is so they want as much interest as possible.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:38 PM

This is pretty cool. I loved all of The Sims series. I am getting it for the computer and PlayStation 2. Does anyone know when it is going to be released? If so, please, please tell me. Thank you.

liberty-city-cocks-rule
  • liberty-city-cocks-rule

Sweaty Sock

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:08 PM

The Sims was a nice game, but the horrible spin-offs are damaging its name. This looks like it'll be a (fairly) straight port from the PC version, but I still don't see it working on console.

Meh, EA can do what they want. It sells.

You'd think they've got enough money by now, though.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:15 PM

Spring 2005? And we are just now hearing about it. Maybe they didn't want it to hype up too much. Weird for EA.

imheretostay
  • imheretostay

non-existant

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Apr 21 2005, 09:02)
I don't know why some of you thought it was going to be on Next Gen Consoles, it would be silly for EA to wait since Sims 2 is still freash somewhat as it is so they want as much interest as possible.

I didnt say a word about them waiting, i said i would buy a Xbox 2 just for this. If it will play on Xbox, it probably will on Xbox 2.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

Way to cover that one up.

deadlash
  • deadlash

Zaibatsu

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:19 AM

I might get this for my psp if it get's a good rating. It would be interesting playing the sims while in my car. I have the PC version, but my computer can't handle it confused.gif . So I need this version.

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:48 AM

Right now I'm happy with the version on my PC with Uni, but I might rent this if it gets good ratings.

GTA's Rocky
  • GTA's Rocky

Asian dude...

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (deadlash @ Apr 22 2005, 00:19)
I have the PC version, but my computer can't handle it confused.gif . So I need this version.

Ya me too, I might get this, the third person control thing sounds cool.

GroveStGangster
  • GroveStGangster

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:27 PM

what consoles is it coming out for cuz my computer is a fa**ot and only plays the game for 2 hours.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:12 PM Edited by Thorpe, 23 April 2005 - 10:15 PM.

QUOTE (Imperium @ Apr 20 2005, 22:23)
After Bustin' Out and The Urbz, I can see why. Those two sim ganes where the worst ive ever seen. and if this one is anything like them then Im going to go crazy  suicidal.gif

What!? Bustin' Out was the best one on console. The Urbz was the disappointment. People gave feedback in a survey (which I took part in) and there were options on what you would like to see in the next game. There was a question also saying do you prefer if it went to the Bustin' Out style and would The Sims 2 be a good idea on console?

The best to worst:

1. The Sims Bustin' Out
2. The Sims
3. The Urbz: Sims in the City

According to GameFAQs, the game (yes, The Sims 2) will be released on:

PlayStation 2, Xbox, Sony PSP, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance and on mobile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users