Windows Media Edition Advice

4 replies to this topic
skele
  • skele

Big N00b

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:37 PM

Hi,

I have the optrion between media center and saving 50 quid. (uk)
Does the media center include standard windows? Despite searching i cannot find the answer!

Is it like a seperate program or the entire os, because i see screens of a View pictures, View Video etc. Thats not the main os right?

Thanks in advance, Skeleton

JoaoBio
  • JoaoBio

Ubuntu Linux!

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:51 PM

Well I have media center edition and yes it has the normal windows, but with some new features, including the media center application, the media center is only a program to run if you want to, and the windows is quite normal... But if it's a big difference between it and the regular sp2 windows xp then my advice is that you should buy sp2 because the difference is not much... And i repeat, it's the same windows...

magical_trevor
  • magical_trevor

Propaganda Inc.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:26 PM

I believe media center is based on XP Professional

Pilate
  • Pilate

Big Homie

• The Precinct

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:41 PM

not only is it based on XP Pro, it is XP Pro.
They are the exact same thing. Anything you can do in Media Center, you can do in XP Pro (or home for the most part), for less cash.
It's a marketing scheme to sell an OS thats already 4 years old.

JoaoBio
  • JoaoBio

Ubuntu Linux!

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:16 PM

It's true really but it has some new features like i said, but even those don't worth much except for the real media center, besides it comes with drivers for the media center pc's etc... Imagine, if the difference between the both of them is more than 5 Euro Or Us then buy the normal windows, because it's cheaper and it's the exact same thing... Microsoft could have improved the windows a lot better, but they only added some programs (few) and more drivers and a new scheme, ah and it brings the plus stuff included... Like themes and games...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users