• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic
tombcatz
  • tombcatz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:58 AM

well, while i was reading the Gamespy preview, i noticed one important thing:
they mantioned that the Auto targeting [auto gun locking system] will also be in the PC version...so...if the PC version will also feature the auto targeting, it means the player WONT have to use the mouse...due to this fact-two players on one computer can use one keyboard as long as there is no need for a mouse! music.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:04 AM

The PC version of Vice City featured autoaim but it didn't mean you did't use the mouse at all, you used the mouse to still point the view in the enemy's general area and then press tab I believe to target the closet enemy. So it doen'st mean the mouse is free exactly.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:05 AM

90% sure even with IGN sayin', "Nor will Rockstar add any multiplayer, but I think it's safe to expect another Multi-Theft Auto from the MTA Team not too long after release."

A Co-Op in the PC version is too much a hassle. A keyboard controls nightmare.

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:12 AM

Agreed, IGN confirmed that they weren't including 2 player.

Fatz
  • Fatz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:41 PM

I'm thinking that by mutliplayer they meant that there wouldn't be online or LAN multiplayer, the 2-player coop is something different. I know it's a form of mutliplayer but I still think that's not necesarily what IGN was refering to and it still might be in the PC version.

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:54 PM

You guys need to give up on the false hope.

Konoko45
  • Konoko45

I hate you all, just FYI.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (davew2040 @ Apr 20 2005, 11:54)
You guys need to give up on the false hope.

Exactly. You guys need to realize that it would be a pain in the ass to deal with on PC. Again, remember Halo's co-op got the axe on PC as well.

PC is still primarily a one person system. Auto-targeting was ALWAYS in the PC versions, but only when you were playing under the classic (console) control scheme, so this isn't new, nor will it make any more chance of co-op staying. (Oh, and GTA3freak, standard mouse-only aiming mode does NOT have auto-aim.)

RCagent
  • RCagent

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:46 AM

Jesus Christ then...why the hell did I but this extra logitech controller? When my cousin comes over we usually play Mario Kart 64 or something on my pc. I don't see why Rockstar had to completely REMOVE Co-Op. It would be possible, if there was a second controller or something. But most likely, they didn't delete it from the files, and someone could possible create a hack to have Co-Op work.

StarJet905
  • StarJet905

StarGen3000

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:18 AM

The PC version of Vice City featured autoaim but it didn't mean you did't use the mouse at all, you used the mouse to still point the view in the enemy's general area and then press tab I believe to target the closet enemy. So it doen'st mean the mouse is free exactly.

What? I never knew, even after I have finished 91%.

HinGTA
  • HinGTA

\m/ Horns Up! \m/

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:09 AM

As I said ealier, it will be co-op via LAN or no co-op at all. Who the f*ck plays 2 player on one PC? PC has advanced way beyond that limited arcade style of gameplay that consoles persist with. I wouldn't hold your breath people.

Funky Munky
  • Funky Munky

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:49 AM

I know a guy who plays with Classic keys. Its ridiculous. I don't think he autoaims either. He brings up the sight and shoots from there. He sucks at it too.

Fatz
  • Fatz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:23 PM

My buddy and I usually play sports games with two PS2 dual shock controllers on my PC, the same could be done with GTA:SA. Would be cool to at least have the option.

-NeMo-
  • -NeMo-

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:54 PM

I'm a fool that I haven't found that out yet. I never used that autoaim-feature, it's kinda stupid for the PC anyway.

davew2040
  • davew2040

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:12 PM

Actually, the PC Gamer article briefly suggests that the limited coop multiplayer from the PS2 will still be there. At this point, who knows?

bob the noob
  • bob the noob

Hatesu

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (davew2040 @ Apr 22 2005, 16:12)
Actually, the PC Gamer article briefly suggests that the limited coop multiplayer from the PS2 will still be there. At this point, who knows?

nope =P ... read the main page tounge.gif direct x doesn't support 2 of the same devices at the same time ... and i dont it ever will since microsoft makes it and can prob get more people to buy xbox's that way wink.gif well if enough pressure they might tounge.gif

shangrula
  • shangrula

digitial cuuunt

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:09 PM

As I said ealier, it will be co-op via LAN or no co-op at all. Who the f*ck plays 2 player on one PC? PC has advanced way beyond that limited arcade style of gameplay that consoles persist with. I wouldn't hold your breath people.
why wouldn't you play two player on the PC? a pc with a ps2>usb adatpers is an awesome gaming machine,,,you can't deny that.

My buddy and I usually play sports games with two PS2 dual shock controllers on my PC, the same could be done with GTA:SA. Would be cool to at least have the option.

damn right, but sadly it isn't gonna happen sad.gif

I guess the best we can hope for is the multitheftauto mod, which I have no doubt will be great I just want want want! wink.gif

fingers crossed LAN multiplayer is a huge secret, hehe.

RCagent
  • RCagent

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:06 PM

user posted image

Yay?

murph_fan51
  • murph_fan51

GTA:SA PC- 7.6.05

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:10 PM

I dont know what to believe, but Im pretty sure it wont be included. sarcasm.gif

DigitalD
  • DigitalD

bvlgari

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:26 PM

Sent an email out to Rockstar to get the final word on this..

excalibur69
  • excalibur69

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

to be honest, i hope multiplayer is not in the PC version. it was extremely lame on the PS2, and i really hope its taken out. why would you want to be up the players ass like in PS2 and cant go anywhere yourself? its just stupid. i even personally multiplayer is lame, GTA is a single player game and thats where the fun is, but i would think that MTA would be better (still not my cup of tea though) because at least you can play over the net, with a large number of people, and it truly would be freeroam

RCagent
  • RCagent

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:34 AM

I liked Multiplayer In San Andreas, just because it was there. So your best friend doesn't have to just watch you all the time.

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (bob the noob @ Apr 23 2005, 01:31)
QUOTE (davew2040 @ Apr 22 2005, 16:12)

nope =P ... read the main page tounge.gif direct x doesn't support 2 of the same devices at the same time ... and i dont it ever will since microsoft makes it and can prob get more people to buy xbox's that way wink.gif well if enough pressure they might tounge.gif

Ive had two ps2 pads running at the same time and the driver for it supports up to four and how is playing two player on pc any different from playing two player on a console??

PhaseDMA
  • PhaseDMA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:00 PM

DirectX does support more then one device - The XBox uses DirectX.

Now I doubt the XBox uses DirectX 9 (I'm sure it's a newer version) but DirectX does support more then one device.

Samutz
  • Samutz

if ($lol) { die(rofl()); }

• Members

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:39 PM Edited by Samutz, 24 April 2005 - 08:41 PM.

For reference, here's the quote posted on the GTANet news:
http://www.gtasanand...gle.php?id=1164
Unfortunately, the two-player missions of the console version have been axed due to technical reasons. According to a Rockstar rep, Direct X does not support two input devices of the same nature, so it would be impossible for players to use two keyboard and mice or two gamepads to execute these missions. Rather than force each player to use a different control method, the decision was made to cut the feature. This is the only omission to the game, and as an Internet multiplayer mod is already in the works, it's doubtful that these missions will be missed for long.

Anyway...
I too can backup the claim that DirectX can support more than one gamepad at a time via DirectInput. I have 2 gamepads and use them both for emulation with my friends.
And here's further proof that DirectX does infact support multiple gamepads:
user posted image
My Gravis Gamepad Pro is a PSX-style (pre-analog/dualshock) gamepad, and my Logitech Rumblepad 2 is a PS2-style gamepad.

So the real problem?
Rockstar is too lazy to add the support to the game (assuming you believe that there won't be co-op) and is using the "DirectX can't support 2 gamepads" excuse, which is proven false. I noticed in VC if you try to redefine the controls with 2 controls plugged in, the game will only respond to one, not because DirectX doesn't support it, but because the game doesn't support it.

However, going back to the quote that was posted, I can't seem to find the article this was supposedly taken from since the provided link just links to another GTANet news item that links to even more... links. And being unable to find it's source makes me question its credibility.
If someone knows the source, please post a link.

Fatz
  • Fatz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:45 PM

Ya as I said earlier I use two PS2 controllers on my PC, works great, so its BS from R*

klingenm
  • klingenm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2005 - 03:32 PM

to be honest, i hope multiplayer is not in the PC version. it was extremely lame on the PS2, and i really hope its taken out. why would you want to be up the players ass like in PS2 and cant go anywhere yourself? its just stupid. i even personally multiplayer is lame, GTA is a single player game and thats where the fun is, but i would think that MTA would be better (still not my cup of tea though) because at least you can play over the net, with a large number of people, and it truly would be freeroam

Maby lame if one does the missons... but how are you going to be able to make play movies if you cant have any scenes w/ two actors? cryani.gif I was looking forward for a career as a SA Director tounge.gif but i guess if they leave it out it wont be any fun.. directing that is. Personally I dont think it will have any impact on the game itself.

BumpBump
  • BumpBump

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

BumpBump

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (BumpBump @ Sunday, Jun 17 2012, 10:46)
BumpBump

You sir are a f*cking moron.

What you've done is pointless and has no real effect on us, all the mods will do is lock this and it'll fall to the far pages in a few days if not hours.

Also I can near guarantee your stupid account will now be banned so, basically you created an account to bump a single topic, your pathetic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users