Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bug List with Solutions (PC, PS2 & XBox)

68 replies to this topic
Gamer_X
  • Gamer_X

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:26 AM Edited by Gamer_X, 23 April 2012 - 10:29 AM.

Hey, I've got a really annoying problem.
After playing the "Martha's mug shot" mission at the Film Studio, a police helicopter is CONSTANTLY chasing me even if my wanted level is 0.
GFX: Asus HD Radeon 5450
RAM: 4gb DDR3
CPU: Intel Celleron G530 dual core @ 2.66 ghz
--
Direct x 9.0c
Thanks in advance!
I've been playing VC for years and never had this problem, I haven't used the "Leavemealone" cheat while in the mission. Almost done finishing the game without using any cheats. As I said, I've played VC for years, even with the cheats it never happened but this time, it happens. I always save game after each mission and I did the same before playing Martha's mug shot mission. I've tried it today with the wanted level cheat (since you get 5 stars after you take 3 pictures), but it still chases me. I might try to destroy the helicopter while in the mission.
It's really annoying sad.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Everyone--

This thread is NOT for posting your problems... if you have a problem, post it in a NEW thread.

This thread is for posting solutions to known specific bugs-- or for clarifying or adding new solutions for already posted bugs...

That being said... I will be splitting the recent user posts into their own threads--- if you don't see your recent posts here-- that is why.... look in the recent threads to find your posts.... I will try and name the thread's appropriately.

Spuds

sk8r
  • sk8r

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:33 AM Edited by sk8r, 17 June 2013 - 03:38 AM.

QUOTE (Justin @ Tuesday, Apr 19 2005, 18:00)
Problem #14
After the mission Two Bit Hit for Avery, the Cuban outfit icon is visible in the little store in Little Havana, but is unreachable -  there is an invisible wall blocking access to it.

Further explanation of this bug from Demarest: When you pass Two Bit Hit, the outfit pickup is created in the correct place. Missions that require you to be using a specific outfit are made to destroy all clothes pickups and recreate them after the job. Both Cop Land and No Escape? recreate the Cuban pickup in the wrong place. This is known as the Cuban outfit bug. It's not a random occurrence either; it WILL happen that way.

Solution: The order you do missions affects whether this clothes icon is reachable. If you finish Copland (a Vercetti mission) and No Escape? (a Malibu mission) prior to completing Two Bit Hit, it will be reachable.

Alternatively: http://web.archive.o...com/gta3/fixes/ Demarest's bug/fixes page - contains a download for both a fix if you have the bug, and a preventer if you don't have it yet.

The fix by Demarest is not available on archive.org anymore. Someone should reupload it...

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:11 AM Edited by Spuds725, 18 June 2013 - 02:24 AM.

Not sure why that snapshot didn't work... I just randomly picked a snapshot page of his site and the file was there.... try this one.... I just downloaded it....

http://web.archive.o...com/gta3/fixes/

or direct link to file... http://web.archive.o...itglitchfix.zip

If either of those don't work--- post back here and PM me--- If the file is invalid or whatnot, I am positive I have a working copy of this somewhere (on a PC that is gathering dust in the corner of my bedroom)...

Spuds...

//edit//

FYI-- thought there was a readme with it--- the instructions for using are on his archived page--- quoted from there....

VC Cuban Outfit bug fixer/preventer (467 KB) - The original game was programmed in a way that sometimes, the Cuban outfit isn't readily available without dramatic acrobatics. This changes that. If you have not yet experienced the bug and would like to prevent it, use preventcubanoutfitglitch.scm in place of your main.scm, load your game, and the bug will never effect your game. If you've already been afflicted with the bug, use fixcubanoutfitglitch.scm in place of your main.scm to fix it. You will immediately be prompted to save. Save and then switch your main.scm back to the original OR use preventcubanoutfitglitch.scm as above to prevent it from coming back which IS possible.

This may or may not work with the Steam version of VC.

I went ahead and updated the link on the first page of this thread (Problem #14)-- I copied the above link to it and it appears to be a valid link (works for me).....

Spuds

sk8r
  • sk8r

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:39 PM

It works, thanks smile.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:59 PM

No problem.. Enjoy.

nameale
  • nameale

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

at problem 14, the physical solution does not work on pc. and at deamarests solution, i dont understand the instructions. "If you've already been afflicted with the bug, use fixcubanoutfitglitch.scm in place of your main.scm to fix it. You will immediately be prompted to save. Save and then switch your main.scm back to the original OR use preventcubanoutfitglitch.scm as above to prevent it from coming back which IS possible." do i have to delete main.scm and replace it with fixcubanoutfitglitch.scm?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (nameale @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 03:37)
at problem 14, the physical solution does not work on pc. and at deamarests solution, i dont understand the instructions. "If you've already been afflicted with the bug, use fixcubanoutfitglitch.scm in place of your main.scm to fix it. You will immediately be prompted to save. Save and then switch your main.scm back to the original OR use preventcubanoutfitglitch.scm as above to prevent it from coming back which IS possible." do i have to delete main.scm and replace it with fixcubanoutfitglitch.scm?

What's not to understand? You just re-name you Original Main.scm file to something like MainORIGINAL.scm and rename the code tools' .scm to main.scm...as Demarest explained...This way you have a back-up of the Original in case something messes up, you do not have to re-install the game to get the original back..

Solution: The order you do missions affects whether this clothes icon is reachable. If you finish Copland (a Vercetti mission) and No Escape? (a Malibu mission) prior to completing Two Bit Hit, it will be reachable

How does that not work on PC? All it says is to make sure you do the missions "copland" and "No Escape"(the Vercetti Estate mission AND the First mission for the Malibu club) BEFORE you do the final mission for Avery, which is "Two Bit Hit"-and you will NOT get the glitch...How can you not not understand that?-lol tounge2.gif lol.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Use the fix if you have it..... This will move the clothes pickup icon to the correct place

After this just put the prevent one in its place and leave it there.... It will work with your game and prevent it from occurring again (ever).

Think of the prevent one as being a game patch.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users