Learning Curve:
Two Hours

ESRB Rating:
M - Mature

Release Date:
11/09/2004

The Review:

Introduction

I'd just like to first off say that, yes, this game was realised a while ago, but no one else has done a review, so here one is. And, secondly, if you don't know what Halo 2 is, or need an introduction for this, just go here.

Graphics

When Halo first came out, people were astounded with the amazing graphics, and it was a system realize game. And, even if Halo 2 came out with barley changed graphics, there wouldn't be many upset people. But, it just so happens that Bungie decided to treat us to a graphic treat. It's been about five months since the game has been realized, and they have only found less then fifteen glitches found. Amazing. And, as great as story mode's graphics are, the multiplayer's are even better. What's just as amazing, is that, they are just as great on Xbox Live. 9.6/10

Sound

Well, it's sound in a shooting game, so, in other words, there are more important things to focus on. They guns all sound like they should, the sword sounds like a lightsaber (awesome,) and even the sound for the rockets is great. All the old voices from the first game, that are needed, come back, and it makes a huge difference. The sound works, and that's all Bungie needed to have it do, work. 9/10

Gameplay

What is there to say about Halo 2ís gameplay other then the fact that it is awesome? The kinks from the first one have been worked out, and it is, dare I say, flawless gameplay. In story mode, what they have you do, makes sense, and is never too hard, but never too easy. There is a difference between the feel of Master Chief, and Arbiter, when you play as either one, yet itís not big enough too really notice it in a negative way. In multiplayer, the gameplay works in the way it should, being that, nothing is insanely off-balance in comparison to anything else in the game. All in all, Halo 2 does everything you expect it to, and more. 10/10

Lasting Appeal

This is a toss up section, because on one side there is a great lasting appeal for Halo 2, and on the other, there is virtually none. The lasting appeal of Halo 2 lives in the multiplayer mode, and that alone. The story mode is wellÖ.dry. It didnít have the same level of addictiveness that the story mode in the first one did. It just doesnít seem worth it do it more then once. The most lasting appeal that Halo 2 has is not only in multiplayer, but in multiplayer on Xbox Live. The online community for Halo 2 is huge, and will continue to be huge even after Xbox Next and/or Halo 3 comes out. 8.0/10

Final Comments

The Halo series is a gaming revolution, and while the second one didnít live up to the impossible to meet standards that the first set up for it. Even without getting to those standards, the game is great.

Iíd also like to note that this is not my best work on a review, and after re-writing it twice, I decided that I cannot get this one better then itís current state.

Overall Rating: 9.0

Monoxide
  • Monoxide

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 01:06 PM

Good review but a two hour learning curve? It took me 2 hours to beat half the game 10 to 15 minutes would be better. Nice to see you took some time to give game advice though good on ya. cookie.gif

GTA_Gangsta'
  • GTA_Gangsta'

Gangsta 4 Life

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:27 PM

I would give the game a 4 cuz it got really gay The first one was 10x better it seams as if you never die in the second one and and in the first it was alot funner and the pistol had a scope on it

PCJ.
  • PCJ.

Shaggy

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:21 PM

Nice review, but I have to say, I think it was one of the most overrated games of the year, the original was better.
However, thats not to say its not good; it's a great game, especially the multiplayer, but it did not live up to the standard of the original Halo.

Kevin_79
  • Kevin_79

Shabam

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Gangsta' @ Apr 19 2005, 09:27)
I would give the game a 4 cuz it got really gay The first one was 10x better it seams as if you never die in the second one and and in the first it was alot funner and the pistol had a scope on it

Thanks for your wonderful input. We don't rate games on how 'gay' they are. I thought Halo 2 was great, and even though I liked the first better, this was still a great game, and people are just so dissapointed because their hopes were so high.

Monoxide
  • Monoxide

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:57 AM

Am I the only one who noticed the totally over excagerated learning curve here. Its predeceser was more revolutuonary and really did break new ground however halo 2 gameplay is unbeatable multiplayer.

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:16 PM

Nice review.
More people should do reviews.

SWEETSAPRIK rates topic good.

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (SWEETSAPRIK @ Apr 20 2005, 09:16)
Nice review.
More people should do reviews.

SWEETSAPRIK rates topic good.

Do they have to be in this format? I could pull some of my reviews of a site I write for, but the format's different.

JayC
  • JayC

WWJCD

• Feroci Racing

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:30 PM

GTA_Gangsta' needs to play through on legendary.

More should have been said about the serious f*ckup the story was. Well it was rather good, untill the end. Massive anti-climax thazt just pissed me off. Made the game feel unfinished.

I know the story will continue in halo 2.5/3 but it didn't even feel like the end of a chapter, as the first game did.

I say 6/10 for the campaign and 8/10 for the multiplayer.

Co-operative over xbox live is desperately needed.

GTA_Gangsta'
  • GTA_Gangsta'

Gangsta 4 Life

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:51 PM

i didnt mean it was GAY imean it sucked ass compared to the first one and i played legendary its not that hard. My unclehad a Halo 2 part when it was released and we all got board of it in about 2 hour. But when we play HALO we never get tired out it. So let me put it this way.

Halo-10/10
Halo2-4/10

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:45 PM

I've said it a million times, I'll say it a million more. Halo is overrated. If it was a PC game it would have gotten more deserving scores. I give halo 2 a 6/10, it's a good rental. As for the multiplayer, it's nothing special, better then any other console multiplayerwise, but nothing compared to the customization on PC multiplayer.

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE (Knightmare @ Apr 20 2005, 09:24)
Do they have to be in this format? I could pull some of my reviews of a site I write for, but the format's different.

Yeah Knight, they have to be in the above format.

@GTA_Gansta' - Have you ever played online? Because, it seems that you are just playing the story mode, which I will admit sucked on Halo 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users