Photo

Forums into a website.

5 replies to this topic
RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:38 PM

I have to make a site for my webpage design class, and since I've taken two years worth of classes, only to get stuck in a basic class again, I have to do an advansed project. Thus leading to my question, how do I insert forums into my website? I know I can link from my site to them, but I'd prefer for them to be under my url. Help please.

Johnno
  • Johnno

WD&P Ogre

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:44 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but maybe this will help.

Upload forum software (Invision, PHPBB, Ikonboard, VBulletin, etc) to your server, possibly into a seperate folder, such as /forums.
That way, you can access your forums by going to www.domain.com/forums/

If that's not what you're asking, then you could upload forums using the method described above, and then simply use PHP's include() function to include the forums on a page such as forums.php
Or just use an iFrame, Frames, or CSS Frames.

Good Luck smile.gif

Knightmare
  • Knightmare

man tongues

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:54 PM

These forums, for example, use Invision 1.3. Of course they're tweaked to give us some nice features, but basic forums such as the ones posted above just need to be uploaded to your webspace.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:27 PM

Remember, when you use a forum software, they offenly use PHP and MySQL. So when you have installed the forum software there should appear some tables in your MySQL database.

So if you are wise enough you can figure out how to make these tables appear as news on your site ( e.g. one forum ).

It's simple MySQL.

But if it's that what you're asking, sorry. sad.gif

System_Shutdown
  • System_Shutdown

Yes I was the one who came second, now shh.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, I would say straight from the first post to use iFrame. Not frames though. But I don't even know how to make an iFrame! I'll look at the code of a site with an iFrame like the piczo shoutboxes.Look into my eyes,damnit!

RearEndCollision
  • RearEndCollision

Lucid Dreams.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:06 PM

Johnno and Svip hit the nail on the head. Thanks guys, and I'll let you know if I have any problems. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users