Photo

Movie In Sig Tutorial

9 replies to this topic
Slim Trashman
  • Slim Trashman

GTAGaming Admin

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:42 PM

First off, you'll need Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Imageready.

Step 1: In Imageready, go to file/open/ and go the directory where your movie file is in and open it. Note: The movie has to be in QuickTime format (.mov) in order for it to work.

Step 2: A window will then show up where you can view the movie. Tick Selected Range Only, and then hold down shift while moving the slider to select the part of the movie you want unless the file is small enough to use the whole thing, then tick From Beginning to End. After doing either of those, tick Limit to Every 2nd Frame.

Step 3: Resize it so it's reasonable size.

Step 4: Now we need to edit this in Photoshop. So press Shift+Ctrl+M and the file will opened in Photoshop.

Step 5: Once in Photoshop, go to Image/Canvas Size and resize the canvas so it's signature size. For example, I'm using 450x150. After selecting the dimensions, next to Anchor, click the left directional button. Or, if you want the animation on the right side of the image, click the right directional button.

Step 6: Now make a new layer under all the other layers and go to Edit/Fill/Black.

Step 7: Set the foreground color to white, #FFFFFF

Step 8: Make a new layer over all the other layers and using the brush tool, brush over the layer with a grunge brush similar to this:

user posted image

Once finished brushing your layer should look like this:

user posted image

Step 9: Now, make a new layer over that layer. Take out some abstract brushes and brush like you did on the other layer except not nearly as much. Don't worry if you can't see the brushing on this layer too well. We will change the colors for these layers later.
Your image should now look something like this:

user posted image

Step 10: Okay, now let's make this a bit more colorful. Select that first brush layer and press Ctrl+U. Now a window should pop up, tick colorize and mess around with the sliders until you get the color you want. Your image should now look like this:

user posted image

If you would like, you could do the same for the other brush layer, but I think it looks better white. No matter which you do, set the abstract brush layer's (should be the very top one) opacity to around 70%.

Step 11: Now we'll colorize the animation. Do this by selecting the last animation layer and go to Layer/New Adjustment Layer/ Hue/Saturation. Tick colorize, and mess around with the sliders until you get a color similar to the other layer's color. Your image should now look something like this:

user posted image

After doing this make sure you click the "eye" button next to the last animation layer so you can't see it anymore, only the first animation layer.

Step 12: Search for picture to put in your sig. Copy it, then go to File/New and the dimensions should be set to the picture's size, and click okay. Now paste the picture. Crop out the picture with magic wand tool or however you'd like. Delete the background layer to make sure you got rid of everything around it. Resize it if necessary and press Ctrl+A to select it, and Ctrl+C to copy it. Now back on the sig, select the top layer and press Ctrl+V to paste. Move the picture around to where you'd like it. Your image should now look like this:

user posted image

Step 13: Now we need a nice border. Create a new layer and with the magic wand tool, click in the middle of image to select the whole layer. Now go to Edit/Stroke/1px black stroke. Press Ctrl+D to deselect. Now click the middle again and do the same. Before pressing Ctrl+D, press Ctrl+I to invert it. This will make that stroke white. Now, do this one more time the same way as the first stroke. Set the layer blending mode to soft light. Your image should look like this now:

user posted image

Step 14: Time for some text. The text layers should be above all the other layers. I put the text "Grand Theft Auto Vice City" a little over the animation area in white, Size 12, Bank Gothic font. I did the same with the name near the bottom right corner except size 14. Also, I put a 1px black stroke around the text. Really what you do with the text is up to you but the way I did it looks nice. Make sure the text isn't placed over the border but right next to it. Your image should look something like this now:

user posted image

Step 15: Now, back over to Imageready. Press Shift+Ctrl+M. Once in Imageready, just check to make sure the video plays right in it and then go to File/Save Optimized As.../ and whatever you want to call it in whatever folder you like.

And that's it! Only thing is this will most likely be too large of a file to host on Imageshack or any one of thse sites. So you'll have to have someone host it on their site for you or your own site or whatever. The final outcome should look something like this:

user posted image

Big thanks to cheeeeese for hosting the sig biggrin.gif.

Hope you liked my tut and it helps you out. It took me about an hour and a half to write it and make the sig at the same time.

reptillia
  • reptillia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:45 AM

You just copied your thread from edge, no one here will know who cheeese is but me and you tounge.gif

I said it at edge, and ill say it here. Great job, 10/10

Slim Trashman
  • Slim Trashman

GTAGaming Admin

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 04:07 AM

Yes, I know. I've been posting this tut everywhere. But still, cheeeeese told me to give him credit for hosting, so I did. Didn't know you had an account here rep tounge.gif

jazz.
  • jazz.

waffen

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:00 PM

I guess it's pretty good...But why would anybody need this? The sigs are too big to wear almost anywhere.

tagamaynila
  • tagamaynila

Bézier cultist

• The Connection

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (jazz. @ Apr 19 2005, 02:00)
I guess it's pretty good...But why would anybody need this? The sigs are too big to wear almost anywhere.

You can use the idea on a smaller scale to make a sig below the file size limit that we have here.

You don't have to do the exact same thing that the tut says.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:41 PM Edited by Technical Difficulty, 18 April 2005 - 08:55 PM.

Fixed teh problem.

jazz.
  • jazz.

waffen

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:45 PM

.mov = Realplayer?

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:59 PM

I didn't want to download all the software sh*te.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (jazz. @ Apr 18 2005, 19:45)
.mov = Realplayer?

Quicktime.

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:54 PM Edited by Technical Difficulty, 18 April 2005 - 09:25 PM.

Okay, nevermind, I figured it out, I needed Quicktime tounge.gif

I'm good now tounge.gif

EDIT - It still won't read it when I open it. This sucks. mad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users