Photo

The Caesars - 'Jerk It Out'

16 replies to this topic
Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:22 PM

Why is this getting released once again (18-April)? I though it was out only a few years ago (when SSX Tricky came out)? Anyone know this? You may have heard it from the SSX Tricky game.

Hexhamlad
  • Hexhamlad

~Owner of Gta-trivia~

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:45 PM

dont know why but thanks for giving me the orginal artist because i heard it on the ipod advert and wanted it so now i can search

nice one

Hex

XtremeOne
  • XtremeOne

Im so cool I don't need a member title.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:47 PM

Yeah glad you named it Thorpe, imma download that now...i mean..wait to buy it tounge.gif

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:36 PM

That was so downloaded by me in 2004. Well, I helped in a way which I didn't intend to.

Hexhamlad
  • Hexhamlad

~Owner of Gta-trivia~

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:12 AM

yes i would like to reframe my last statment by saying "i will search for it" i was refering to the process of going to the store and searching for it through the shelves rather than using an ilegal mentod, which ofcourse would be disrespectful to the artist and the music industry.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

thanks

Hex

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:20 AM

First they were called Caesar's Palace. Then they dropped the apostrophe, and I got both their albums. Now they're f*ckin' retarded. Die a horrible horrible death you bunch of pop-tarty bitches.

Haifaiv
  • Haifaiv

fuk u m8

• The Precinct

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:38 PM

Yeah I remember it from SSX... irritated the sh*t out of me. It woke me up from my radio alarm clock the other day at 7am, so from now on when I hear it I might end up hitting someone nearby. What exactly do they mean by 'Jerk It Out' anyway? That's just smut. I hate it when bands re-release songs just because they're in adverts. If it's in an advert, theres a pretty good chance it's already become annoying, why plague our ears with it on the f*ckin radio as well?

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Haifaiv @ Apr 18 2005, 22:38)
Yeah I remember it from SSX... irritated the sh*t out of me. It woke me up from my radio alarm clock the other day at 7am, so from now on when I hear it I might end up hitting someone nearby. What exactly do they mean by 'Jerk It Out' anyway? That's just smut. I hate it when bands re-release songs just because they're in adverts. If it's in an advert, theres a pretty good chance it's already become annoying, why plague our ears with it on the f*ckin radio as well?

They're pretty good actually. Poppy and uptempo, but alright. They were in another advert before the iPod one, too - The Peugeot 406 one with their song 'Kick You Out (Let the Sunshine in).'

superfantastiche
  • superfantastiche

There's only one Superfantastiche

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:16 PM

Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying. Annoying.

You get it, the song annoys me. Like this post probably annoyed you.

loseruser
  • loseruser

Walking disease.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Haifaiv @ Apr 18 2005, 17:38)

I have always complained about commercials and how they remix an old song's lyrics but keep the beat because they think since it's such a hit song from a long time ago, the rights won't cost alot and it will be stuck in people's heads earlier. Imagine the power you could have over people when you change the lyrics.

Take Devo's 'Whip it' for example. Recently used in a Swiffer mop ad. "Whip it, whip it good." was replaced with this horrible phrase: "Swiffer, Swiffer good". Now you know that you must Swiffer good, and that the only way to Swiffer good is to buy Swiffer mops.

What are people thinking when they sell the rights their songs so someone can f*ck it up in an ad?

Oh yeah, SSX should have stuck with the song that they used on the first game (First game or second?) Run DMC - Tricky. Had nothing to do with snowboarding, but hell, had the name of the game in it. That's all that counts.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 21 April 2005 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (loseruser @ Apr 20 2005, 19:37)
I have always complained about commercials and how they remix an old song's lyrics but keep the beat because they think since it's such a hit song from a long time ago, the rights won't cost alot and it will be stuck in people's heads earlier. Imagine the power you could have over people when you change the lyrics.

Take Devo's 'Whip it' for example. Recently used in a Swiffer mop ad. "Whip it, whip it good." was replaced with this horrible phrase: "Swiffer, Swiffer good". Now you know that you must Swiffer good, and that the only way to Swiffer good is to buy Swiffer mops.

What are people thinking when they sell the rights their songs so someone can f*ck it up in an ad?

Oh yeah, SSX should have stuck with the song that they used on the first game (First game or second?) Run DMC - Tricky. Had nothing to do with snowboarding, but hell, had the name of the game in it. That's all that counts.

.. And your post has absolutely nothing to do with this thread's topic of train of thought.

Congrats.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (loseruser @ Apr 20 2005, 20:37)
QUOTE (Haifaiv @ Apr 18 2005, 17:38)

Yeah, but SSX 3 wasn't 'Tricky'.

gta3pcguy
  • gta3pcguy

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:11 PM

Coincidence, I downloaded it this morning. Think it's a great track myself, very catchy and I can listen to it over and over.

Long Haired Freaky Guy
  • Long Haired Freaky Guy

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:14 PM

After purchasing SSX3, yes it wasn't on Tricky but on SSX3, i really liked this song, although on SSX3 i didn't get to hear it properly because of the way they remix the songs. Because of this, i decided to try and find the proper version of it, but i have no sound card at home, so couldn't possibly do this.

But i downloaded it as a ringtune for my phone a few days back, and now have it set as my message tone.

Overall, i think it's quite a catchy song, but i never got to hear the original so i can't compare.

liberty-city-cocks-rule
  • liberty-city-cocks-rule

Sweaty Sock

• Members

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

It was in FIFA 2004 (released in 2003). It's a catchy song, along with most music in games. I might actually download it later.

Noticed that in the video their bass drum still reads "Caesars Palace"? Lazy beggars couldn't even be bothered getting a new drum. Pathetic.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, it was in SSX and FIFA. 'Don't Let The Man Get You Down' may get released soon because that was on SSX and is now on Fatboy Slim's latest album.

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (liberty-city-cocks-rule @ Apr 26 2005, 19:19)
Noticed that in the video their bass drum still reads "Caesars Palace"? Lazy beggars couldn't even be bothered getting a new drum. Pathetic.

No, they just didn't make a new video after being the aforementioned pop-tarty bitches they are and changing their name.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users