Zmod, Sketchup f*ck Up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic
YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:03 PM

i have made a house in sketchup (spent ages on it aswell) i have exported it as a .3ds i then load up zmod and import the house's .3ds file i then look at the 3d bit but it shows nothing at first when i zoom in and out and pan a bit i can see something its like a flat wall it doesnt let me zoom out to have a proper look at it it just dissapears then can somebody help me please thanks

YeTi

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:41 AM

have you turned the fog (options 3d view) off in zmod? or is the model just too big? try scale it down.

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:18 AM

well that has fixed my problem thanks

just incase you were wondering what i was making i posted some pics
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

these are all pics in sketchup
user posted image

this is one in zmod i dont know why i pointed out that missing stair its the only problem i had putting it in zmod im learning how to fix it now though

o ye and i know the house is crap but its only the second thing ive ever made in sketchup so please dont flame me at least i admitted it

YeTi

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:28 AM

I cant see your pics for some reason? but that missing stair, in sketch-up was it purple instead of beige? it might be facing the wrong way and need reversing or re-orienting.

wauzie
  • wauzie

GTI + MI

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:56 PM

Yes, that's right.....

Click with your Right mouse (I don't know how to tell exactly)->Reverse

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:32 AM

Or, select your object in faces mode, and select all the polys. Then press Ctrl+A and click the Misc tab. Now set the drop-down list for Culling to 'NONE', and click OK. All your polys should now become double-sided.

And to let you know, it's not much of a problem whether or not a poly is 'facing' the right way in ZMod, as if you are putting this in game, GTA automatically makes all polys double-sided anyway.

<3D

YeTi
  • YeTi

S'up Bitches?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:08 PM

thanks for your help ive fixed it now i went back inot sketchup to fix the stair im in the middle of making textures for it now

Swat_21
  • Swat_21

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

where can i download the script for skechtup to make dff model?can somebody give me the link.I had make many model in sketchup.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

QUOTE (Swat_21 @ Saturday, Mar 17 2012, 16:29)
where can i download the script for skechtup to make dff model?can somebody give me the link.I had make many model in sketchup.

There is no .dff export script for Sketchup. You must export to .3ds format then import to 3ds Max/GMax or ZModeler.

See this tutorial for details on doing so and visit the Tutorials Forum Tutorial Forum List for more help if you need it.

Also, you've bumped this topic from 5 years ago. Please be sure to check the date of previous posts before posting, and make a new topic instead if your post is not relevant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users