[Official] Myriad's San Andreas Conversion

308 replies to this topic
Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:01 PM

who really care's if SAv2.0 is unmoddable ?, we all mostly own V1 from the sounds of thing's anyway, if Rockstar want to be completely stupid and make GTA unmoddable thats a big mistake for them financially as it will only encourage the use of pirate copies of SAv1.0.

as for buying SAv2.0 i won't be doing that, i've already bought the game twice both for PS2 and PC unless it is moddable and has the mass of mistake's they made in V1.0 completely rectified.

will there be future GTA's ? i have felt since i first played SA that this could be the end of the line now, with the exception of hang glider's and skateboard's there really isn't much that they haven't already done in GTA.

most of you have failed to realise that all this fuss could just be because SA had the "Hot Coffee" stuff kept ingame, if you look on R* North's website you will see they have job vacancy's, i wonder if they fired all the people responsible for leaving that content in or could it be that this is just another one of R*'s now legendary PR stunt's cashing in on controversy ?

another game engine? yeah right!! what engine could possibly give us the freeform gameplay that VC or SA has ? i haven't come across one yet. the choice is simple SAv1.0 or VC and we currently have Myriad running on both!! so we might as well forget v2.0.

if anyone from R* games are reading this thread ........... YOU ARE A BUNCH OF F***ING IDIOT'S !! for leaving the "Hot Coffee" stuff in SA and causing all this SH!T over low grade childish crap!!! NEXT TIME MAKE IT HARDCORE!! as the game already has an "18" on it anyway in the UK, then there wont be all this fuss over nothing !!!!

***TGR***
  • ***TGR***

Just passing by!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:14 PM

I completey agree with everything you said there gforce, and you made alot of valid points biggrin.gif so many valid points that I was gonna give you a cookie, but i thought i'd just get you the whole maryland factory smile.gif

rampage_ani.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:17 PM

As you can see from my pole v1 pwns. Not one vote for 2.0!

I have a spare copy of version 1.0 so mabeh I can get some extra cash on ebay by saying some stuff about how wonderful this version is. smile.gif

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2005 - 05:19 PM

Well I'd say V2 is not going to seel at all, apart from some dumb n00bs that don't know about it before they get round to modding.

LOL it is wierd that in the UK, this AO thing means f*ck all biggrin.gif 18s still and 18 here. Why can't R* just have an AO version anyway? tounge.gif. I mean its not exactly that bad. I remember Mad Max being X-rated in the UK when it came out, still did well even with the big naughty rating slapped on it. I mean i would have thought of all people R* would have just said "Ah f*ck that, AO it is".
- GTAuron

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:27 PM

Well version 2 sounds awsome! I will download it now and cherish it forever! Thank you R* for worrying about my mental well being and protecting me from evil mods. F@#k that. I'm still modding it. Myraids come to far to turn tail and run. I have some lots I've been working on while I wait for some mapping tools besides notepad. Lets keep going.

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:06 PM

Just have to say its a mod for t3h l33t ppl who u5e t3h SanAn v1.x. And that v2 ar 4 n00bs. lololz. - GTAuron

PlatinumSerb
  • PlatinumSerb

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:12 AM

1.01 is moddable, right? If so, can the user install v 1.01 over version 2? I havent looked around, so I dont know if this has already been suggested.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:38 AM

My computer is currently in a coma, I don't know if it will pull through, but I have to say:

I'd expect a company as controversial as r star to be proud of the cries they got. bleh.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (PlatinumSerb @ Oct 5 2005, 01:12)
1.01 is moddable, right? If so, can the user install v 1.01 over version 2? I havent looked around, so I dont know if this has already been suggested.

Hmm that would be worth trying. Who actually has version 2.0?

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:10 AM

I don't think that would work. The patch installer does a check on current EXE you have, and if it doesn't match an unmodified v1.0 EXE, it aborts the patch. So v2.0 can't 'downgrade' (I dont think that's the right term to use, more of an upgrade really) to v1.01, unfortunately.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 October 2005 - 08:14 AM

The same way R* made a patch for version 1.0 could we create a patch for version 2.0?

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 09:25 AM

Well, we could, but we may as well just distribute the exe with the Myriad Islands package. Plus if we made out own patcher, it violates the EULA the same as just distributing the EXE. Rockstar are a bunch of stupid lying cowards.

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 October 2005 - 12:18 PM

Boycott V2 I guess...apart from those who wanna investigate more. Until we have hard facts we're only stabbing about in the dark. - GTAuron

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:49 PM

Overwriting the exe of the 2.0 version with the 1.x one does indeed work. But as JasonB said, you can't just apply the patch to downgrade, since it checks for the correct exe. And to unpack the files from the patch you would need at least the original exe to pass the check at the beginning - unless there is some tool to extract the files from the patcher.

PlatinumSerb
  • PlatinumSerb

• Members

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:36 PM

Has anyone tried contacting R* to see if they would release another patch? lol.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:53 AM

You will get the reply

Rockstar games does not support gta modding

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 06 October 2005 - 03:12 PM

Knife, did you actually send them an Email and receive that reply? I want proof, dammit!

QUOTE (steve-m @ Oct 5 2005, 14:49)
Overwriting the exe of the 2.0 version with the 1.x one does indeed work. But as JasonB said, you can't just apply the patch to downgrade, since it checks for the correct exe. And to unpack the files from the patch you would need at least the original exe to pass the check at the beginning - unless there is some tool to extract the files from the patcher.
Could you give details about how you tested this?

For people who actually have GTASA 2.0, please try kam's suggested experiments and/or my suggested experiments. This will allow us to say with certainty whether or not modding has been limited, removed entirely, requires updates to memory hooking programs or is completely unaffected.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Oct 6 2005, 17:12)
QUOTE (steve-m @ Oct 5 2005, 14:49)
Could you give details about how you tested this?

Sure. Just copy your 1.0 exe to an empty directory, make sure it's called gta_sa.exe, and apply the patch. It will replace (not patch!) the exe and unpack these files:
CODE
eax.dll
ogg.dll
SA 1.01 changes.txt
SA 1.01 FAQs.txt
stream.ini
vorbis.dll
vorbisFile.dll
data\script\main.scm
data\script\script.img

Script files are the same as in the retail version, they are just supposed to replace the HC-enabled scripts with stock ones.

If you meant overwriting 2.0 with the 1.x exe, I didn't test that (can't since i don't have 2.0), but someone said it works.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 07 October 2005 - 02:55 PM Edited by GT-1, 09 October 2005 - 11:39 AM.

Post edit

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:46 AM

I actualy still dont get it how the LOD's are working and how they are called i readed what steve-m said but i couldnt get any wiser from it. Are they still called with a Dff like in Vice city that you need to rename the first 3 letters to LOD or is it something totaly different. And uhm in the message of steve-m i only saw the IPL no IDE entry or something like that how does it work actualy?

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:53 AM

It's something to do with a number in the ipl I think. Thats what steve said somewhere else.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:45 PM

I know that SA lod does not use collision, but can. And that it's reletively the exact same idea as VC. There are LOD models, but I believe many are huge chunks of multiple models, what is actually a smart move by rockstar considering LODs dont use collision. Also, some of LA is always seen, as in, is used as LOD and close up, just one model. May be like this in other areas as well.

The base models, to my understanding, stay at all times. You can use one LOD for 2999 DD that is exact same model, just renamed (in max, col maker, AND model, all must match, must rename everywhere!), with a close up version, only change is the name and the draw distance (299 or lower for col-bearing objects)

Testing with full quality models in CNG, I have found no problems just using full quality LODs, and one instead of how ever many R* used (3?!?). The full quality method looks SPECTACULAR. I don't know how performance will be affected in dense areas though.

And, this is not the topic for it, but, I think there is actually a draw distance depending on what direction you are appraching very high density models, I may be totally wrong.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:33 AM

i can't believe you posted your thoughts out loud, most people round here get their arse kicked for mentioning such things like that round here.

give yourelf a 5 day temp ban numbnuts........ rampage_ani.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:37 AM

I was just pointing out the obvious ph34r.gif. Now you just pointed it out again, numbnuts cool.gif

***TGR***
  • ***TGR***

Just passing by!

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:46 AM

LOL,
I was just pointing out the obvious

When did this become a warez forums? guess the rules are only for some of us eh!

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Oct 9 2005, 11:37)
I was just pointing out the obvious ph34r.gif. Now you just pointed it out again, numbnuts cool.gif

you have the audacity to call me numbnuts, i'm not the noob wannabe mod/council member posting about linking people to warez you stupid little f**K!!!

people get banned round here for less, i'm stunned you can still post!!

this place has tooo many double standards............. die.gif spam monkey

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:13 PM Edited by Knife, 09 October 2005 - 12:22 PM.

Calm down Gforce, I got a warning blah blah. If you want me banned go and ask.

It was a simple little thing that I accidently did and I am sorry. Someone else posted about downloading the .exe in this topic too but oh well.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:51 PM

OK guys, let's stop the SA 2.0 and warez talk and get back on topic. As said before, 2.0 is not moddable, so we can't and won't support it. If you want to continue talking about it, use this topic or one of the many others. Any more off-topic posts will be deleted.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

Well as it looks like illy has the final coords now I am happy to continue with the coding just as soon as I have the islands in the right place.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:12 PM

on topic: so far what's been mentioned is illsub, illcom, new islands and JasonB's island. Now what I'd like to know is how it's going with Respawns' island. I saw on illspirit's render in the train-topic that it showed the roads, so it's going to be converted (released) too. But is this really going to be the case or is Necrosis of the map? It's been quite a while since Respawn showed any progress, or interest in the Myriad-forum for that matter.
Now I know he once said he won't be showing any progress very often, and that it'll be done when it's done... But his last post concerning Myriad dates from februari.....so confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users