Photo

Nine Inch Nails - [With_Teeth]

12 replies to this topic
PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:46 PM

First album from Mr. Reznor in almost 6 years so I was expecting something special. It's a lot less industrial then anything he has done before, really. More rock then industrial. This won't appeal to old fans of the band but if you listen with an open mind it's great music.

The Hand That Feeds is the radio single which alot of you have probably heard. It's probably the most radio-friendly song on the album with an almost synth-pop feel. I hated it at first but have grown to like it.

The opening and closing songs on the album are brilliant, I love them.. Perfect for their intended purposes. The rest of the album flows nicely and David Grohl's drumming is brilliant, really in-your-face, as usual. Trent's lyrics are poor as ever, occasionaly they are decent but alot of the time it's best not to focus on them.. Things like: "FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP FLIP" are wince-inducing.

The music overall is really great, though. It's a new sound for NIN and if you love the old stuff with a passion this probably isn't for you. Everyone else will enjoy the CD.

It comes out on May 3rd, so be sure to buy it because it's a good CD and the production is as brilliant as ever by Mr. Reznor, worth getting just for the quality of sound. There is a DVD version available too, mixed for 5.1, which will be awesome.

corrupt
  • corrupt

nightmare

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:09 PM

NIN are a great band allthough i have moved on to more heavy stuff now.
i might get this album though, or maybe *aquire* some of the songs from it.
btw no offence but what is the point of this thread? do you want us to discuss thier music or rate the album or what?

off topic:
do you listen to ICP, if so do you know if they are bringing out any more stuff or have they finished now?

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:49 PM

Just made for discussion.

I don't listen to ICP. smile.gif

Bendy
  • Bendy

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:57 PM

i think i can remember seeing these at a local venue a few years ago. just thought id share that with you smile.gif

De_Spank
  • De_Spank

spheres.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:41 PM

Dave Grohl is filling in on drums for this NIN album? Interesting, i love it how he gets involved in heaps of side projects.

Nine Inch Nails, i tried to like em, but like you said the lyrics kept me away and i just dont dig the whole tech industrial metal thing.

EricDraven_GTACrow
  • EricDraven_GTACrow

Jesus Christ Poltergeist

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:31 AM

I quite like Nine Inch Nails, I havent heard they're New (?) song (The Hand That Feeds) I've heard it was pretty good. I'll probably "aquire" the album when its released.

Purple9
  • Purple9

WARNING: Contains Horse

• The Precinct

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (Bendy @ Apr 17 2005, 13:57)
i think i can remember seeing these at a local venue a few years ago. just thought id share that with you smile.gif

Lol, Gem, that's very unlikely. Nine Inch Nails are huge...on a worldwide scale; there's no chance they'd play one of our local venues (even a few years ago). Someone with a similar name perhaps...

Anyways. I've had the new tune a good few weeks now. Definitely didn't fancy it at first, sounded far too simple for some reason. But yea, I've grown to like it and the simplisticness pays off in the end. The synthy intro kicks ass.

Will have to check out the whole thing, too. Cheers.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:20 AM

Opposite to purp, the simplicity of what I heard from the album seemed very elementary. It also seemed a bit repetitve at times (especially the lyrics). I never really liked them, and I'll probably continue to do so.

-shaDow
  • -shaDow

half man, half amazing

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:43 AM

When I first heard "The Hand That Feeds" on the radio I sorta liked it, then after hearing it more I've grown more partial to it. I haven't heard anything else from them though except the main ones (Head Like a Hole, etc.), but I'll most likely check out this album to see if they fancy my interest.

Bendy
  • Bendy

Boss

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Purple9 @ Apr 18 2005, 01:21)
QUOTE (Bendy @ Apr 17 2005, 13:57)

Lol, Gem, that's very unlikely. Nine Inch Nails are huge...on a worldwide scale; there's no chance they'd play one of our local venues (even a few years ago). Someone with a similar name perhaps...

Anyways. I've had the new tune a good few weeks now. Definitely didn't fancy it at first, sounded far too simple for some reason. But yea, I've grown to like it and the simplisticness pays off in the end. The synthy intro kicks ass.

Will have to check out the whole thing, too. Cheers.

i swear they did, stop trying to make me look stupid! mad.gif

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 18 April 2005 - 10:43 PM

Trent has released The Hand That Feeds in editable format. It's for GarageBand which only works on Macs but it's a brilliant idea and something that I'm sure NIN fans will love considering how much things like this can sell for.

Article on it here:
http://www.macworld....feeds/index.php

Download it here (it's a 70mb file):
http://www.nin.com/current/index.html

Here's a note from Trent Reznor about the GarageBand Project that was included with the file you download from nin.com:

Hello all-
For quite some time I've been interested in the idea of allowing you the ability to tinker around with my tracks - to create remixes, experiment, embellish or destroy what's there. I tried a few years ago to do this in shockwave with very limited results.
After spending some quality time sitting in hotel rooms on a press tour, it dawned on me that the technology now exists and is already in the hands of some of you. I got to work experimenting and came up with something I think you'll enjoy.
What I'm giving you in this file is the actual multi-track audio session for "the hand that feeds" in GarageBand format. This is the entire thing bounced over from the actual Pro Tools session we recorded it into. I imported and converted the tracks into AppleLoop format so the size would be reasonable and the tempo flexible.
So...
You need a Macintosh and you need GarageBand 2.0. If you have a newer Mac, you already have the software. The more RAM you have the better. I did this on a PowerBook 1.67 w/ 2G RAM but it has been running on far less powerful systems.
Drag the file over to your hard disk and double click it. Hit the space bar. Listen.
Change the tempo. Add new loops. Chop up the vocals. Turn me into a woman. Replay the guitar. Anything you'd like.
I gave this to my crew and band to test out and all work effectively stopped for a while - it's fun to mess around with. I've now heard a country version of the track as well as an abstract Latin interpretation (thanks, Leo).
There are some copyright issues involved, so read the notice that pops up. Giving this away is an experiment. I'm interested to see what comes of it, what issues are raised and what the results are.
Have fun-
Trent Reznor
April 15, 2005

Tryst
  • Tryst

Professionally Retarded

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:07 PM

I got the email earlier today saying that they are playing their cd in its entirty on their Myspace profile, and might I say this album sounds f*cking great.

Nice and upbeat sound, though I have a feeling that once its released its going to be whored out over the the tv and radio. Though maybe not, because I haven't realy seen the bite the hand that feeds video on much.

NIN official myspace profile

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:39 PM

The Hand That Feeds is a nice song. The only exposure I've had to NIN is 90's montra Closer. However I loved that song so I'll think I'll give this a listen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users