Photo

[ SCR | WIP ] Datsun 280zx

247 replies to this topic
Yazu
  • Yazu

Graphics artist

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:17 AM

@Sin5k4: No, if you would've read the first post you would've noticed that I said I was going to make a Flatout version and a normal version of the car. The detail in the rearlights is for the flatout version which'll have no rearlights but only a brakelight smile.gif , but the idea of the rearlight detail showing in the damage model would be nice on the normal version to which I'll model the rearlights after I'm done with the bangerflatoutracer thingy car biggrin.gif

@Destructo: Indeed some detail can be done with only textures and there's no need on modelling all of the detail smile.gif . I can't wait for the release either hehe

@Kraxxuz: Thankoo, yes it's leather, well dunno bout the most realistic just doing what I see is good smile.gif

ryancun
  • ryancun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:42 AM

my all time Favorite car

Sin5k4
  • Sin5k4

-

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:04 PM

actually,you can even model the tailights,make em transparent and colored,so that the textured parts u got there may look shiny and stuff from behind...meh just an idea tounge.gif

Yazu
  • Yazu

Graphics artist

• Members

Posted 27 April 2005 - 02:27 PM

I could but then it would not serve my idea of the flatoutbanger-racer stylish car music.gif

donmario
  • donmario

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:05 PM

Nice car Yazu smile.gif , the wireframe is very good and the textures are excellent. Nicely that you plan to flatout version also.

D-Structo
  • D-Structo

Kapitan Paleta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:26 PM

Holy sh*t donmario, make your sig smaller, it's way too big. Better hurry, otherwise you will see 'Signature Disabled' text very soon. confused.gif

The maximum size of signatures on these forums is 500x150 pixels...

Yazu
  • Yazu

Graphics artist

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:11 AM Edited by Yazu, 29 April 2005 - 08:01 PM.

@Destructo: You could've PM'd that info and not post it here happy.gif
@Donmario: Thx, yer extreme rust torino looks nice also smile.gif

:Editorial:
Remodelled the dash and modelled the simple steering wheel smile.gif

user posted image

Hopefully the dash has enough detail modelled to those who like modelled dashes hehe, rest I'll do with textures, but ah datsun are not cool, ferraris are cool to some hehe...

SickCur
  • SickCur

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 05:35 AM

Great work on the dash yazu, it looks awesome.
Bring on the textures! smile.gif
The leather Does look realistic and i cant wait to see what you do with this little monster next.
Amazing work man, really looking forward to this one.
oh and btw anyone can appreceate a Ferrari, Datsuns are one of a kind...least in my heart. inlove.gif peace.

Yazu
  • Yazu

Graphics artist

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:23 AM Edited by Yazu, 30 April 2005 - 10:42 AM.

Indeed ferraris are quite common and Datsuns are unique smile.gif , but here something to tickle your taste buns... or what ever ( dunno realy how the saying goes hehe )

Da Dash WIP ( hand made )

user posted image

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:58 AM

zomg yuo hav skillz. biggrin.gif

The WIP texturing is really good looking. If you coud do a Wireframe wallpaper of the car in 1280x960 i'd send you a pink bunny suit.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

Blue prints is for pussys!

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:18 AM

starting to look good

Yazu
  • Yazu

Graphics artist

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:57 PM

strating to look good sad.gif , it did look good before?

few more pics, the dash it self is done, no gauges yet tho. Excuse the cruddy streering wheel texture it's mapped the same size as the dash board confused.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:16 PM

using sharpen filter on the seams to get the white highlight is a nice trick i must say wink.gif

Yazu
  • Yazu

Graphics artist

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

Hehe, Maj you don't actually know how I did those seams. It doesn't include sharpening at all biggrin.gif , only sharpening I've done is to those pics after reducing their size to 75% from normal smile.gif .

DeathTrip
  • DeathTrip

shaddap, you!

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:42 PM

^Layer style?

anyways, the texture is looking great biggrin.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:50 AM

Nice work!

I haven't been in the car community for awhile, but I thought I'd see if you were still kicking around. Looks like you've gotten even better. confused.gif How will we ever keep up?

Yazu
  • Yazu

Graphics artist

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:09 AM Edited by Yazu, 02 May 2005 - 08:54 AM.

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ May 2 2005, 03:50)
Looks like you've gotten even better.  confused.gif How will we ever keep up?

I'm sorry sad.gif , I'll try to hinder my skills to the level of me first gta car.

user posted image

Oh I just had to post this one biggrin.gif , anyways thanks. I just try to outdo my last creation, doubt I can do a better car after this confused.gif

but ah people don't care about datsuns, but if this was a Mitsu eclipse with a bodykit peeps would be drooling over it hehe

.::evil inside::.
  • .::evil inside::.

Series 4 RX2 + 12at

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Yazu @ May 2 2005, 08:09)
but ah people don't care about datsuns, but if this was a Mitsu eclipse with a bodykit peeps would be drooling over it hehe

wrong! if it was an early 260 or a 240 i would be drooling over it biggrin.gif but your probably right in general, wicked model tho

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:38 PM

Indeed evil, nothing like the old school datsuns. My old man used to own one similar back in the day. He dreaded the day he sold it. Best car we ever had.

Nice modelling and the textures look great inlove.gif

C.Jackson
  • C.Jackson

Stroked 388 LT1

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:43 PM

dontgetit.gif *Wipes drool* dontgetit.gif

Actually I prefer this 100 times over some imported riced up POS "tuner"!

_C.Jackson

.::evil inside::.
  • .::evil inside::.

Series 4 RX2 + 12at

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:25 PM

yeh, what he said ^^

ps. they go tuff with rotangs in them tounge.gif (20b power... actually i recon theres enough room for a quad rotor there biggrin.gif )

Sin5k4
  • Sin5k4

-

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

look at me look at me,i drool. i know EXACTLY what u mean mate,were gonna get throught this togather,huraaaaah! happy.gif happy.gif

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

Blue prints is for pussys!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2005 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Yazu @ Apr 30 2005, 12:57)
strating to look good  sad.gif , it did look good before?

few more pics, the dash it self is done, no gauges yet tho. Excuse the cruddy streering wheel texture it's mapped the same size as the dash board  confused.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Nope tounge.gif these pics looked realy good too

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:34 PM

well whatever you did to your door seams they're amazing biggrin.gif Nice interior so far biggrin.gif even with the cruddy steering wheel tex (which ain't really cruddy at all lol).

Also, wasn't that Koenig actually pinned in this forum for a while? tounge.gif f*cking post wrappers!

Yazu
  • Yazu

Graphics artist

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:15 AM Edited by Yazu, 04 May 2005 - 03:57 PM.

@gtauron: Indeed it was, it was pinned 'till it was finished and if I remember right it was pinned for a while when it was released biggrin.gif , I have absolutely no idea why. I checked the mesh of that koenig yesterday and I started to laugh of how cruddy the mesh actually was biggrin.gif , oh the good 'ol days hehe

@Sin5k4: I don't know how you cope with the fact that peeps would prefer something else than a normal car, you're the normal car mastah hehe biggrin.gif

@Evil: I still don't get why you can't like the 280, it realy doesn't differ from this one. Pehaps some small detail differences but that's bout it smile.gif

@MR_ed: thankoo, indeed oldschool powah biggrin.gif

@C.Jackson: I'd prefer anything else than a import tune smile.gif

and let's not forget: @Yazu: Shut yer mouth, stop whining and get back to texturing smile.gif .
Well I'm still kinda thinking what kinda interior texture I'll make. I thought first that I'd do an interior with only the seats and dash left on their places, but after re-thinking I came to a conclusion that the idea might not be the best one. Oh well I hope I'll decide soon confused.gif . Oh and I redid the steering wheel, just gave it some more roundness and a 256x256 texture map, now I have 1x1024 1x512 and 1x256, hopefully those'll be the only ones I have to use smile.gif

Yazu
  • Yazu

Graphics artist

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:59 PM

Wohoo double post, well I decided to post after my self since it's been 24h since the last post and no one replied to the editorial post. So how's this for a dark and crappy interior

user posted image
Interior Wire

happy.gif

D-Structo
  • D-Structo

Kapitan Paleta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:04 PM

I don't think it's crappy....

It's just wasted a bit... The owner is not too careful. tounge.gif

Nice textures. smile.gif

Lunik
  • Lunik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:05 PM

awsome,i like the crappy interior.I hope you make a second drift/tuned version from the car. inlove.gif

Lu turn.gif

Yazu
  • Yazu

Graphics artist

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Destructo @ May 4 2005, 19:04)

It's just wasted a bit... The owner is not too careful. tounge.gif

And that's not crappy... ok ok it's untidy. To me it actually looks like something from a horrorgame biggrin.gif , I just wanted to make literally a crappy interior but neh that'll do. Perhaps I should make the spare tire to appear as extra in vice smile.gif

Jumper
  • Jumper

I killed Kenny

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:19 PM

This untidyness it`s IMo nice idea, everybody are making superclean interiors so it`s great to see someting other

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users