Mr.Stevo
  • Mr.Stevo

Meh.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:15 AM

QUAKE 4

user posted image

Quake 4 Updated Info

"Earth is under siege by an alien race. The Strogg are cybernetic warriors--a mechanical frame and decaying body parts stabilized by flesh consumed in a systematic annihilation of other species and civilizations. In a desperate attempt to survive a Strogg attack on Earth, an armada of Earth's finest warriors is sent to take the battle to the Strogg home planet. Earth's initial assault force is nearly annihilated immediately, but one marine manages to infiltrate the base, bring down their planetary defense systems, and kill the Strogg's collective brain and leader--the Makron. Earth assumed the destruction of the Makron would end it all, but it didn't.

That's where Quake II leaves off and Quake 4 begins.

The Strogg are quickly regrouping. However, with the Strogg's planetary defenses still destroyed, Earth's forces can deliver a full and final assault. This time, you're not alone. You are Matthew Kane, an elite member of Rhino Squad, and part of Earth's next invasion wave. An army of soldiers are fighting with you and an arsenal of weapons and vehicles are at your disposal in this heroic and epic battle between worlds."

Quake 4 has been in development for some time at Raven Software, a longtime collaborator with Activision and id Software on such games as Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and the Soldier of Fortune series. No official release date has been confirmed at this time. Check back with GameSpot for future updates.
Source

Woah man! I can't wait to try out this game.
Too bad that I won't be able to install Q4 in crappy system.
confused.gif

Atomic
  • Atomic

teh PC chat rapist....

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:00 AM

Yes its only been in development for about 6 years now...

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:06 AM

Iv known about Q4 for a while. And it uses the Doom3 engine. If its faster paced than doom3 (which I thought was good) then we will have a real winner here. And I should be getting my upgraded system in a few months for (likely) an avalanch of frikin awesome PC games at the end of the year. Not neccicarily Q4, but I'v got my hopes up.

supersupra
  • supersupra

Banzai driver.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 10:24 AM

oMG! ist teh Alien wow.gif , lol. It looks really sweet, but i hope its not too much "doom3ish".

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:57 AM

It looks like Doom 3.. and the game sounds like Doom 3.. its just gonna be Doom 3 again isn't it? Except Aliens and not Demons. :: <')))>(

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:35 PM

The screenshot is friggin sweet except the muzzle flash looks like washed out diarrhea poo.

De_Spank
  • De_Spank

spheres.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:54 PM

Stuff single player and storylines, when it comes to Quake you just want a faced paced online frag fest.

Quake inlove.gif

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 April 2005 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (gta_king @ Apr 17 2005, 11:57)
It looks like Doom 3.. and the game sounds like Doom 3.. its just gonna be Doom 3 again isn't it? Except Aliens and not Demons. :: <')))>(

It looks like Doom3 because its the same engine. Sounds like doom3 because....I dont know why you think that. But it wont be doom3. Doom3 was a scarefest with insane lighting effects and some cool stuff that happens from time to time. Q4 will be about picking up a gun, and pumping massive ammounts of lead into aliens. Theres likely gona be alot more enemys on screen, youll have squad mates, vheicles, large open enviroments and hopefully some bad ass multiplayer. Big diffrence.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:54 AM

Is this using the Unreal 3 engine?
I cant quite remember...

Waste
  • Waste

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (dublo_7 @ Apr 17 2005, 21:54)
I cant quite remember...

QUOTE (AlienAnt)
And it uses the Doom3 engine.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (dublo_7 @ Apr 18 2005, 12:24)
I cant quite remember...

Did you even read the other posts in this topic, or even the first post? If you did you would see it runs on Doom3's engine.

Victim
  • Victim

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:48 PM

That's some awesome graphics right there, but the texture on the alien still looks "drawn" on. sad.gif

*Waits for PS3 & Xbox 2*

D-Structo
  • D-Structo

Kapitan Paleta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:49 PM

meh, it looks too similar to Doom 3.

and this monster isn't even scary. first Quake was scary. and i'm excepting the next Quake also scary. and i demand full singleplayer mode, not only multiplayer!

in my opinion Quake 4 should get back to the roots, to the mysterious, gothic castle based environment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users