Photo

EMINEM

26 replies to this topic
ICE_G
  • ICE_G

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:32 PM

now im not sucking up to eminem but don't you think that his raps have a true meaning to them because i know many people that think eminem is a idot but they still lisen to his music but all of his music does have a meaning i mean if you lisen to toy soilder the story that he tells is so true and the way he raps is amazing i mean he raps to the beat of the drum in the back.So i thought if there is any haters that dislike eminem just think about his music dont you agree.

Kutthroat
  • Kutthroat

Abgoosht For Life

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (ICE_G @ Apr 15 2005, 12:32)
...i mean he raps to the beat of the drum in the back.

Um, isn't that the point of rapping to a beat in the first place?

Correct me if I'm wrong here..

dontgetit.gif

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:37 PM

Heh, wow.

Bizzare
  • Bizzare

Men dont follow titles, they follow courage.

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:39 PM

First of all you will get flamed, you'll be flamed by most people as he isnt considered to be cool anymore then, you'll be flamed by all the people who think they're cool because they remember his first album and think it's the best blah blah wah wah wah, however the main thing despite all the rock and roll fans retarded comments is that you enjoy it, you see whatever deeper there may or not be, remember that now that you've opened up the floor.

Bigs
  • Bigs

OG

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:39 PM

Oh dear.

{Matty}{Vice}
  • {Matty}{Vice}

Z...at heart.

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for sharing that with us all bored.gif

ICE_G
  • ICE_G

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

thats the point of this i know people think that he int cool but the thing is that forget about his apperence its all about his rapping not how he looks and all tthese rock and roll people are all fools

Bizzare
  • Bizzare

Men dont follow titles, they follow courage.

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:46 PM

Well you've missed my point, just because somebody judges something you like in the same way they regard dog sh*t doesnt mean you should pay attention to it, secondly you should be the only one who makes what you like enjoyable, thirdly hitting out at people over what they like because they dont like what you do makes you more ignorant than them.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:06 PM

ICE G you are one of the few true rap fans out there. "Artists" like Ludacris and Fat Ho, I mean Fat Joe, are in it for the money. I'm not saying Eminem wouldn't care if he wasn't paid, I'm saying most "rappers" today just care about fortune and fame. Artists like 2pac, Notorius BIG, DMX, Eazy-E, and yes, Eminem, rap or rapped because that's what they were born to do. "Artists" today only have a hit song that lasts a couple months. Then, the next hit song comes around. Eminem's songs do have meaning. Unlike songs like You Don't Know Me. What the fu*k is the meaning of that song? Please fill me in. The subject of Eminem's songs are many. Some are about killing Kim. some are about Hailey. some are about Ja Rule (that punk-ass mofo), and the list goes on and on. What I'm trying to say is, listen to the lyrics of today's songs. Most are just about dissing other artists/groups. Yes, some have meaning, but very few do.

$disturbed$
  • $disturbed$

Crazy mofo

• Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 03:18 AM

Most rappers are MOBS

Money over Bitches.

ToyMachine
  • ToyMachine

Scum.

• Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 03:23 AM

Like Toy Soldiers doesn't seem so genuine once you find out it's an old song.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 16 April 2005 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (ToyMachine @ Apr 15 2005, 20:23)
Like Toy Soldiers doesn't seem so genuine once you find out it's an old song.

And that old song happens to be alot better than the current one.

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2005 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Apr 15 2005, 18:06)
ICE G you are one of the few true rap fans out there. "Artists" like Ludacris and Fat Ho, I mean Fat Joe, are in it for the money. I'm not saying Eminem wouldn't care if he wasn't paid, I'm saying most "rappers" today just care about fortune and fame. Artists like 2pac, Notorius BIG, DMX, Eazy-E, and yes, Eminem, rap or rapped because that's what they were born to do. "Artists" today only have a hit song that lasts a couple months. Then, the next hit song comes around. Eminem's songs do have meaning. Unlike songs like You Don't Know Me. What the fu*k is the meaning of that song? Please fill me in. The subject of Eminem's songs are many. Some are about killing Kim. some are about Hailey. some are about Ja Rule (that punk-ass mofo), and the list goes on and on. What I'm trying to say is, listen to the lyrics of today's songs. Most are just about dissing other artists/groups. Yes, some have meaning, but very few do.

Lay off the crack.

First, Luda & Joe have been in the game at different stages for years. They paid their dues.

Second, don't be f*cking delusional. They are all in it for the money. Some may dress it up nice and act like they're about this and that but when you record music to sell you are in it for the money. Nobody in mainstream hiphop is on a perch above anybody else...recognize.

Third, Big, Pac, Em and X have all said on record that they rap as a way outta the hood....out of the piss poor environment they were living in. Alot of people can rap....most people who try to "get on" do so to better the current living status. Welcome to the recording industry aka being an artist.

Fourth, Eminem is a huge reason why and how mainstream rap has deteriorated into the cesspool that it is today. Don't get it twisted. Interscope has shat on hiphop and it's f*cking horrible.

Finally, to the original poster, Em has songs that have meaning. Thatís nothing new. In fact if you take the time most of these mainstream guys all have songs that have some type of meaning. You have to be enough of a fan of the music and have patience enough to sift through the bullsh*t to find it.

Bottom line, Em isnít special because some of his songs have meaning so broaden your hiphop horizon or stfu and never make another topic in here again.

EricDraven_GTACrow
  • EricDraven_GTACrow

Jesus Christ Poltergeist

• Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (ICE_G @ Apr 15 2005, 20:41)
thats the point of this i know people think that he int cool but the thing is that forget about his apperence its all about his rapping not how he looks and all tthese rock and roll people are all fools

Uh. You're such a f*cking dumbass. Noone here thinks hes "not cool" just because of his apperance, his music blows, most of it is meaning less. I always hate how all the rap fans talk about how its always "lololz i tz rock n rollz fault cause dey suck and rap is where it be at yo dawg" cause that just makes you look stupid. Eminem sucks, his music is meaningless and he's just a pawn like 50 cent in a comporations game to sell rap to mainstream sh*t like mtv and make it a trend and gain money. But knowing how you know so much about music you probably knew that and still listen to you're so called "music" sarcasm.gif

street cheetah
  • street cheetah

When

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2005 - 09:01 AM Edited by street cheetah, 16 April 2005 - 09:05 AM.

QUOTE (EricDraven_GTACrow @ Apr 16 2005, 07:37)
I always hate how all the rap fans talk about how its always "lololz i tz rock n rollz fault cause dey suck and rap is where it be at yo dawg" cause that just makes you look stupid.

From what I've seen, all rap fans do not talk like that. confused.gif

street cheetah looks at what meth wrote as an example

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 16 April 2005 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (ICE_G @ Apr 16 2005, 04:32)
now im not sucking up to eminem but don't you think that his raps have a true meaning to them because i know many people that think eminem is a idot but they still lisen to his music but all of his music does have a meaning i mean if you lisen to toy soilder the story that he tells is so true and the way he raps is amazing i mean he raps to the beat of the drum in the back.So i thought if there is any haters that dislike eminem just think about his music dont you agree.

shut the hell up

Eminem is f*cking rubbish.

Com:Sense
  • Com:Sense

Do What

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (dublo_7 @ Apr 16 2005, 11:27)
QUOTE (ICE_G @ Apr 16 2005, 04:32)

shut the hell up

Eminem is f*cking rubbish.

biggrin.gif

Though in his defence Em has dropped some amazing verses in his time, such as his two verses on Jay Zs Renegade track.( for the record I cant stand Jay Z, you can quote me on that)

Sadly it seems he has now become a caricature of his former self, which was also a caricature of his former self. So hes probably pretty confused.

Harlem
  • Harlem

The Renegades

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:44 PM

I was going to post in here but than I scrolled down and saw how meth pretty much closed this topic down. lol.gif

Skatan
  • Skatan

frat.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:42 AM

yah for real nice post meth.

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:27 AM

Alot of rappers have said that Eminem made the rap scene better...
So where did you guys get that he made it worse?
Also alot of rappers have alot of songs with meaning,so like meth. said nothing special...

And just out of curiosity why do you guys hate Em?

ToyMachine
  • ToyMachine

Scum.

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (Tril @ Apr 18 2005, 20:27)
Also alot of rappers have alot of songs with meaning,so like meth. said nothing special...

He constantly follows this trend...

Stupid music video
Serious music video
Stupid music video
Serious music video

etc.

He makes a fool out of himself in one video and then he expects people to take him seriously. I think he's bipolar.

ISd3d
  • ISd3d

My Brain Hurts

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 April 2005 - 03:34 AM

Slim Shady LP - Great.
Marshal Mathers LP - Great.
Eminem Show - Alright.
8 Mile Soundtrack - Good.
Conspiracy Theory Mixtapes - Good.
Encore - Horrible.

I think Eminem's career as a respectable rapper is over but as an MTV rapper, he's still gonna be around for a while.

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Tril @ Apr 19 2005, 08:27)

He is a joke. Encore was what is wrong with todays hip hop industry. Its f*cking pop bullsh*t, and people think it is hip hop because it has a few swear words in it. f*ck that.

Tril
  • Tril

MeBeUGod

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:25 PM

@ISd3d:
There are only a few good songs on Encore...(Toy Soldiers&Mosh)
I agree his older CD's were better...

@dublo_7:
If rappers think he's hip hop and fans of hip hop think he is hip hop...
Than how is he pop?Are you saying that all these people are wrong?

@ToyMachine:
It's like being in a club you come to have a good time(Be a fool) and
then somebody starts sh*t and you get serious...

AK2k
  • AK2k

...Is Baked

• Members

Posted 19 April 2005 - 11:39 PM

i used to be a fan of eminem , a long time ago , he did drop some nice tracks like role model n i jus dont give a f*ck...gotta quote

"I take a breather and sighed; either I'm high, or I'm nuts
Cause if you ain't tiltin this room, neither am"

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Tril @ Apr 20 2005, 07:25)
@ISd3d:
There are only a few good songs on Encore...(Toy Soldiers&Mosh)
I agree his older CD's were better...

@dublo_7:
If rappers think he's hip hop and fans of hip hop think he is hip hop...
Than how is he pop?Are you saying that all these people are wrong?

@ToyMachine:
It's like being in a club you come to have a good time(Be a fool) and
then somebody starts sh*t and you get serious...

How is he pop?
Did you listen to f*cking Encore?

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:58 PM

There's a lot of spam in this topic. Stop being dickheads with your two-word/one-line replies.

Eminem has talent and potential, and in his earlier days he made some great music. For a time. Now, he's lost his motivation. Kim is gone, he has custody of his daughter, his mom it out of his life, he moved out of the hood, and he's a mega millionaire. Nothing that used to fuel his fire to make such good music is around anymore, so he makes weak political statements and generic gangsta crap. He's no good anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users